Vasek Pospisil - Page 61 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #901
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Peter is playing better atm but he's played way too much lately so I'm expecting Vasek to win that

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 05:59 PM   #902
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

I predicted Vasek's season this year.. he'll never be more than a journeyman. I was right.

I also called him not qualifying for the aussie open. People don't like my negativity, but they all know it's because I'm right..

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:02 PM   #903
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
I predicted Vasek's season this year.. he'll never be more than a journeyman. I was right.
Could I borrow your time machine sometime?
Old 03-18-2012, 06:04 PM   #904

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Could I borrow your time machine sometime?
Listen.. I want Vasek to do well.. I really do, I'm a fan! but you have to admit that his start to the season hasn't been the best, and that Vasek's form isn't that good at the moment. I knew he wouldn't qualify for the Australian Open.. I was right.

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 06:11 PM   #905
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Listen.. I want Vasek to do well.. I really do, I'm a fan! but you have to admit that his start to the season hasn't been the best, and that Vasek's form isn't that good at the moment. I knew he wouldn't qualify for the Australian Open.. I was right.
I don't remember you predicting him not to qualify actually. You can look at his start to the season another way too, he has gone from ranked 119 at the start of the season to a career high of 111 as of tomorrow morning. Yes, we would like better but being a baby and telling everyone you told us he would struggle makes you look like a clown when he is currently at his career high ranking.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:15 PM   #906
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
but this doesnt mean that he will play like this or struggle like this for the rest of his career

I agree in a sense that i think people got a little over excited about vasek when he qualified and made the US second round last year. I think he'll have a career high around where frank's was.I dont think he'll be anywhere near as good as milos is but he'll still have a respectable career

I dont think you can use this bad start to the season as evidence that he will do nothing. Actually if you remember he started well in qualifying for chennai but then he got routined by andi beck in a match he was never really in and its been downhill since then

he is close to the top 100 now but i really dont think he's ready for that at this point, i think it diguises where his real level is.
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #907

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I don't remember you predicting him not to qualify actually. You can look at his start to the season another way too, he has gone from ranked 119 at the start of the season to a career high of 111 as of tomorrow morning. Yes, we would like better but being a baby and telling everyone you told us he would struggle makes you look like a clown when he is currently at his career high ranking.
I know.. I was banned before I managed to say that.. lol. But I was thinking it! I had a bad feeling before the qualifiers that he would lose.

Well.. a career high ranking is good, but it doesn't really mean that much, it just means that he's sucked less than some other players in the rankings.

Then again.. I do hope he'll turn it around.. I'm not losing hope, but he's having a bad period these days.. no denying that. I wonder what can be done about it.. changing coach maybe? Who is his coach these days? It seems like he's very mentally weak too.. losing all the big points. Maybe a sports psychologist could help? Who knows.. he needs to be more consistent though. He really needs to do something to improve.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #908

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
but this doesnt mean that he will play like this or struggle like this for the rest of his career

I agree in a sense that i think people got a little over excited about vasek when he qualified and made the US second round last year. I think he'll have a career high around where frank's was.I dont think he'll be anywhere near as good as milos is but he'll still have a respectable career

I dont think you can use this bad start to the season as evidence that he will do nothing. Actually if you remember he started well in qualifying for chennai but then he got routined by andi beck in a match he was never really in and its been downhill since then

he is close to the top 100 now but i really dont think he's ready for that at this point, i think it diguises where his real level is.
Great post! I pretty much agree with everything you said here Both with where his level is now and what he's capable at in the future. I agree that he's not ready for top 100 yet.. he is not consistent enough, and quite frankly.. he doesn't deserve it, not like he's playing these days. I think a career high around Frank sounds like a good bet I think top 50 is the best we can wish for, but that is far, far ahead in the future. He's not even ready to get into the top 100 yet, so it will probably take a couple of years at least until he reaches that level.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2012, 08:42 PM   #909
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know.. I was banned before I managed to say that.. lol. But I was thinking it! I had a bad feeling before the qualifiers that he would lose.

Well.. a career high ranking is good, but it doesn't really mean that much, it just means that he's sucked less than some other players in the rankings.

Then again.. I do hope he'll turn it around.. I'm not losing hope, but he's having a bad period these days.. no denying that. I wonder what can be done about it.. changing coach maybe? Who is his coach these days? It seems like he's very mentally weak too.. losing all the big points. Maybe a sports psychologist could help? Who knows.. he needs to be more consistent though. He really needs to do something to improve.
so what you're saying is you told us he wouldn't qualify for the AO, but you didn't really tell us because you were banned?

nobody here expects Vasek to be the next Federer. Nobody here said he would be career top 10, but he's better than the level he's currently playing at. Most of us here think he'll be lucky to make the top 25. I expect him to level off at 50 once he gets there and stay there for most of his career.

Don't make 10 predictions, come here when you get one right, tell us you were right when you never really told us in the first place. Get lost

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 03-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #910

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
so what you're saying is you told us he wouldn't qualify for the AO, but you didn't really tell us because you were banned?

nobody here expects Vasek to be the next Federer. Nobody here said he would be career top 10, but he's better than the level he's currently playing at. Most of us here think he'll be lucky to make the top 25. I expect him to level off at 50 once he gets there and stay there for most of his career.

Don't make 10 predictions, come here when you get one right, tell us you were right when you never really told us in the first place. Get lost
Fine.. I didn't say it.. I was going to say he wouldn't manage to qualify, but then I got banned. I will be more vocal in my predictions from now on

I'm glad you're realistic when it comes to Vasek. We all want him to do well. I'm a fan, and I obviously want him to do well.. but the fact is that he's kinda in a slump these days. I have no doubt in my mind that he's better than what he's showing us right now, but I also think he was overhyped in here.. some people basically thought he was the next Federer, when the fact is that he isn't even the new Milos. He'll never reach 25 in the world like Milos did, he'd be lucky to get a career high at 50 or better, that's where I think he'll land eventually, and where his potential is at, and I think he should be happy with that.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #911
country flag 156mphserve

vasek just won losing only 3 points the entire match

Only his opponent retired after 3 games but still

Hope Folie is ok

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 03-23-2012, 02:21 AM   #912
Snowwy

Vasek really should win this tournament and enter the top 100.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:41 AM   #913
country flag 156mphserve

I'm expecting him to lose tomorrow

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
Old 03-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #914
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

I was worried too. Phew... Have to say he was a bit lucky or in other words super efficient on return. In both winning sets, he won less pts on return than Bohli did. 6-3(7-8), 2-6(6-15), 6-4(5-8)

Tomorrow, Peliwo Wish there was a live stream. :/
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #915
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

unreal. Peliwo vs Pospisil. I wish I could bet on one of thes guys for Vcash!
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote