Vasek Pospisil - Page 48 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-03-2011, 01:57 AM   #706
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

http://blogs.montrealgazette.com/201...s-big-victory/

Quote:
Pospisil, on his big victory

Canadian Vasek Pospisil graciously took a few questions via e-mail from Open Court about his big victory over John Isner Monday night.

Here’s what he had to say (and, as a total aside and a shutout to the B.C. educational system, we didn’t have to spell-check or fix a single bit of punctuation).

1) What was going through your mind as all those match points were coming … and going?
2) How was Isner’s serve, compared to what you might have expected going into the match?
3) How do you compare it to other big servers you’ve faced?
4) What do you feel ultimately made the difference – other than winning the final point, obviously?

For someone who missed the match

Format: avi / 1024 x 576 / 16:9 / 1200 kbps / 948 MB / Spanish

Code:
www.megaupload.com/?d=T9PXBZL2
(http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthre...il-(02-11-2011))
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Valencia_QFR.jpg (69.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Valencia_R1_01.jpg (57.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Valencia_R1_02.jpg (78.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Valencia_R1_03.jpg (48.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Valencia_R2_01.jpg (59.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Valencia_R2_02.jpg (59.7 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by shuhrat : 11-03-2011 at 04:07 AM.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 AM   #707
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't get to see it, but from the scores, looks like he recovered to be competitive after a tough start. A nice showing against a top player, hopefully he can push on with this momentum over whatever else he plays this year and the start of next season.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:54 AM   #708
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarghman View Post
Didn't get to see it, but from the scores, looks like he recovered to be competitive after a tough start. A nice showing against a top player, hopefully he can push on with this momentum over whatever else he plays this year and the start of next season.
He was really in a lot of the rallies with Ferrer once he got into the match which plesantly suprised me, I knew he had a lot of game but Ferrer is really good in rallies but Vasek was really hanging in tough with him during the rallies.

I honestly think the only reason he lost this match was the 2 mental lapses he had, 1 starting the match, getting down 4-0 obviously cost him that set(though he did break back once and had bp in another game in that set). And the one right there at the end. Otherwise it was 50/50 and Vasek really could have won had he kept that level of play up the entire time(which is obviously very tough to do), but yeah that definately suprised me, I figured even if Vasek play his best Ferrer would just be too good, but it was very even. That's just my point of view and others may disagree, but it made me pleasntly suprised.

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 05:50 AM   #709
country flag tommyg6

tommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond reputetommyg6 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like Vashy has signed up for challengers in Knoxville and Champaign. Go Vashy!
tommyg6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:41 AM   #710
country flag FormerRafaFan

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

How many points did he get for qualifying and for reaching R2? How many points was he defending from last year?

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #711

FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
He will need probably between 50 to 70 points in the final two American challengers to get in directly, which probably translates into 2 SFs at least, taking into account the subtraction of his 17th and 18th results. It will be tough, but he can make it easy on himself if he just wins one of the challengers, no big deal

Also, to sokk, I know you seem to think he skipped the challenger tour, but he was in 12 challengers this year. He had 3 SFs, 6 QFs, 1 R16 and 2 R32. That seems like a lot of success to me, and he could try the next stage with results like that.

Yeah.. I know. I think he did well. Considering his results, and actually qualifying, I don't think it made a big difference. However, had he not qualified, then yeah.. I would think of it as a waste. And he did get a nice win in the MD, plus a nice showing against Ferrer, and just like I said.. his ROS is miles better than Milos. Maybe he can even use this showing as a confidence booster? Hopefully he'll do well in the remaining challengers too. He has a had a good year overall, done well, though not as spectacular as Milos last year. But I never expected him to anyway.. Milos is a special case. I still think Vasek has done well though, and I'm proud of him for what he has accomplished this year. I only hope he'll do good in the challengers too. I guess qualifying for a few ATP events is not so bad, as long as he mainly stick to the challengers, at least for now.. until he has developed his game more.

Quote:
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2011, 03:01 PM   #712
country flag peteyjones13

peteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond reputepeteyjones13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post

Yeah.. I know. I think he did well. Considering his results, and actually qualifying, I don't think it made a big difference. However, had he not qualified, then yeah.. I would think of it as a waste. And he did get a nice win in the MD, plus a nice showing against Ferrer, and just like I said.. his ROS is miles better than Milos. Maybe he can even use this showing as a confidence booster? Hopefully he'll do well in the remaining challengers too. He has a had a good year overall, done well, though not as spectacular as Milos last year. But I never expected him to anyway.. Milos is a special case. I still think Vasek has done well though, and I'm proud of him for what he has accomplished this year. I only hope he'll do good in the challengers too. I guess qualifying for a few ATP events is not so bad, as long as he mainly stick to the challengers, at least for now.. until he has developed his game more.
You say he didn't have as good a year as Milos last year...Milos finished last year like 150ish, after Valencia Pospisil will be around 118. I strongly disagree, and feel like he's ready for ATP tournys. Hopefully he can do well at his last 2 showings and sneak into the MD of the Aussie Open without having to qualify. If he can acquire a bunch of points in the next few months, to the point where he's able to play 250's without having to qualify, then this is what he should do!
peteyjones13 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #713
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Player A Results

Futures: 4 R32, 1 R16, QF, F, 2W
Challengers: Q1, 4 R32, 3 R16, 2 QF, F
ATP 250: QR2, QF
ATP 500: Q1, R16
Masters: R64
Grand Slam: R128
DC: 1W, 2L

Player B Results

Futures: R32, 2, QF, SF, 2 W
Challenger: QR3, R32, R16, 6 QF, 3 SF
ATP250: R32
ATP500: R16
Masters: R32
Grand Slam: QR2, R64
DC: 3W, 1L

sokk, which player had the better season, player A or player B?
Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 PM   #714

Sorry, my mistake.. I meant THIS season. Milos has obviously had a better season than Vasek, well.. at least Before Milos's injury.. probably after too, he did get to that SF, and Vasek has only won two matches in MDs this season.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #715
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, well then you are correct.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:26 AM   #716
country flag DirtyDirty

DirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDirty has a reputation beyond repute

Vasek plays his first round match in Knoxville tomorrow against a WC, Rhyne Williams. Anyone know anything about him?
DirtyDirty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:35 AM   #717
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Sorry, my mistake.. I meant THIS season. Milos has obviously had a better season than Vasek, well.. at least Before Milos's injury.. probably after too, he did get to that SF, and Vasek has only won two matches in MDs this season.

Montreal, US Open, and Valencia

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 03:01 AM   #718
Snowwy

Way too hard, but good result in the end for Vasek.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #719
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Way too hard, but good result in the end for Vasek.
Yep, he should've won in straights. The fact that he won more pts, despite losing the set in 4-6, says it all. I guess it's never easy to face an inspired hometown boy or he was still feeling a little jet lag.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #720
country flag Blarghman

Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute

Much better match from Vasek today, crushed Nielsen 2-and-1. Levine, who's on a pretty good run at the moment, is next. Given the way the draw has gone, the winner should be a big favourite to make the final.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote