Vasek Pospisil - Page 43 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 10-27-2011, 07:52 PM   #631
country flag spectator
Registered User
 
spectator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 34
spectator is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudisela75 View Post
Good performance by Vasek, hanging in there with a guy who is ranked well above him.
Yes. One learns more from playing against people who are better.
spectator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-27-2011, 09:28 PM   #632
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,803
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Yeah, of course I'm the one who's clueless here, clueless because I'm right? But you're not clueless at all predicting he would win when he didn't? riiiight.. ok then
show me 1 post where I or anyone else said that he would win, or show me 1 post where we said that the success of this trip depends on whether he wins a MD match or not, and then come tell us we're wrong.

Nobody said he would win, and nobody said that it was a good move to play this event because we expect him to win, please screw your head on tight before commenting
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #633
country flag Blarghman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Age: 28
Posts: 3,589
Blarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond reputeBlarghman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
Yeah, of course I'm the one who's clueless here, clueless because I'm right? But you're not clueless at all predicting he would win when he didn't? riiiight.. ok then
Please quote me the post where I predicted he would beat Seppi. If you can do that, I will gladly admit that I am clueless fool and you are not.
Blarghman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:26 PM   #634
country flag misty1
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 21,935
misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

so he needs 6 more withdrawls to get into valencia, where the qualies list is alot better
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #635
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,803
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

http://www.tennisteen.it/notizie/ent...mbre-2011.html

that is more up to date than the list here

He needs 1 more withdrawals to get into Valencia qualies, or 2 more to get into Basel

He should get in, I'd expect at least 1 player to withdraw tomorrow, but he hasn't tweeted where he's going yet like Milos did last year so it's likely that he doesn't know yet, and is just hoping for 1 more withdrawal like we are
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:03 PM   #636
country flag shuhrat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 7,754
shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

He's on Knoxville & Champaign entry list, which means practically Charlottesville is the only CH he's missing due to two weeks of main tour tryouts. For one who didn't expect he would enter all three of them, this looks like very smart scheduling or like he manages to have it both ways.

*****

As for sokk's comment, maybe it's time to have a Hahaha/Goat Cheese/Piggy Roasting type of thread dedicated to Vasek, no?

Joking aside, I simply don't get what/who you're talking about from the start. Even if Vasek is indeed overrated as you said or some are expecting too much too early, is it some kind of crime or something that should be mocked, when their expectation turns out to be wrong afterwards? If your predictions are right, good for you. Still I'm really confused why 'who thinks what' is bothering you so much and who gave you the right to judge others.

Sports fans often get carried away with a couple of good results. While I don't like it and have never been comfortable with big talks as a not-that-optimistic person myself, I acknowledge there is no harm in trying to stay optimistic or expecting better results and even kinda admire such attitude. It may be the essential spirit of supporing up-and-commers, as they will be continually disappointing you in some ways and very few of them fulfill their potential.

I can't speak for others, but I'm coming here to cheer for Vasek and share thoughts and emotions with other fans of him. Obviously I don't come here to discuss whose prediction is right/wrong and I hope it's not too different for you guys as well. Strangely enough, l never ever had any sort of goals or expectations in regard of his rankings / performance. Yes, I have to admit his lighthearted personality is the thing that caught my attention and convinced me to follow him eventually, after I noticed his name for the first time in the famous doubles match against Nole-Rafa. So watching him growing up as a pro (how he develops his games / handles new challenges) and enjoying those off-court stuffs are more than enough for me.

Surely you are entitled to your opinion. But if you feel we're a bunch of clueless fanatics and some comments on this thread disturb you so much that you can't stop gloating, do us a favor and start a new thread. You can write whatever you want there. Just leave us peacefully deluded. I really mean it this time.
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #637
country flag misty1
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 21,935
misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
http://www.tennisteen.it/notizie/ent...mbre-2011.html

that is more up to date than the list here

He needs 1 more withdrawals to get into Valencia qualies, or 2 more to get into Basel

He should get in, I'd expect at least 1 player to withdraw tomorrow, but he hasn't tweeted where he's going yet like Milos did last year so it's likely that he doesn't know yet, and is just hoping for 1 more withdrawal like we are
thanks


and suddenly the task of qualifying looks much more doable
i knew there was a site with more updated info but i couldnt remember what it was called
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #638
country flag FormerRafaFan
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Haha.. yeah. You can all laugh, but face it: I have been right about Vasek twice now.. I knew he wouldn't win against Seppi, and I also said he wouldn't win against Sweeting. Was I right or wrong? hmm..

It's not my fault you are hyping him into the skies and then laugh at me when I'm right and he loses. Yeah.. keep doing that if that makes you feel better that Vasek is not the huge talent you first thought. Whatever.. at the end of the day I'm right anyway, and you know it.
__________________
DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:47 PM   #639
country flag FormerRafaFan
Registered User
 
FormerRafaFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oslo
Posts: 7,014
FormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond reputeFormerRafaFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuhrat View Post
He's on Knoxville & Champaign entry list, which means practically Charlottesville is the only CH he's missing due to two weeks of main tour tryouts. For one who didn't expect he would enter all three of them, this looks like very smart scheduling or like he manages to have it both ways.

*****

As for sokk's comment, maybe it's time to have a Hahaha/Goat Cheese/Piggy Roasting type of thread dedicated to Vasek, no?

Joking aside, I simply don't get what/who you're talking about from the start. Even if Vasek is indeed overrated as you said or some are expecting too much too early, is it some kind of crime or something that should be mocked, when their expectation turns out to be wrong afterwards? If your predictions are right, good for you. Still I'm really confused why 'who thinks what' is bothering you so much and who gave you the right to judge others.

Sports fans often get carried away with a couple of good results. While I don't like it and have never been comfortable with big talks as a not-that-optimistic person myself, I acknowledge there is no harm in trying to stay optimistic or expecting better results and even kinda admire such attitude. It may be the essential spirit of supporing up-and-commers, as they will be continually disappointing you in some ways and very few of them fulfill their potential.

I can't speak for others, but I'm coming here to cheer for Vasek and share thoughts and emotions with other fans of him. Obviously I don't come here to discuss whose prediction is right/wrong and I hope it's not too different for you guys as well. Strangely enough, l never ever had any sort of goals or expectations in regard of his rankings / performance. Yes, I have to admit his lighthearted personality is the thing that caught my attention and convinced me to follow him eventually, after I noticed his name for the first time in the famous doubles match against Nole-Rafa. So watching him growing up as a pro (how he develops his games / handles new challenges) and enjoying those off-court stuffs are more than enough for me.

Surely you are entitled to your opinion. But if you feel we're a bunch of clueless fanatics and some comments on this thread disturb you so much that you can't stop gloating, do us a favor and start a new thread. You can write whatever you want there. Just leave us peacefully deluded. I really mean it this time.
It actually doesn't bother me.. the extremely high expectations and overrating of him in here just makes me shake my head. You guys are the reason I like it so much when I'm right, because I actually have REALISTIC expectations of him, something you will never have.

And someone noted I was happy he lost to Sweeting.. no, actually I wasn't happy for that at all. What did made me happy was that my realistic expectations struck again and made me right, while your extremely high expectations let you guys down AGAIN, kind of a slap in the face, no?

My point is just that.. MAYBE it would help to not overhype him, and actually have REALISTIC expectations for once. Maybe then you wouldn't be so disappointed when he ends up losing.
__________________
DELPO

Also supporting known chokers Verdasco, Lopez and Monaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbERR View Post
Verdasco was their cheerleader, number one mascot.
They let him play tennis once after they saw his "consistency is everything" advertisement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JarkaFish View Post
Joke thread? Kohlschreiber clowns this servebot in 3.
Maybe 4 or 5 if he wants to get more of a workout in.
FormerRafaFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #640
country flag Lee
Gugaholic
 
Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Under the blue sky
Posts: 83,545
Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek is overhyped in his own cheering thread. I need to ask Satin for a "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS" gif
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:44 PM   #641
country flag Snowwy
Registered User
 
Snowwy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: A place that's too cold.
Posts: 21,569
Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRafaFan View Post
It actually doesn't bother me.. the extremely high expectations and overrating of him in here just makes me shake my head. You guys are the reason I like it so much when I'm right, because I actually have REALISTIC expectations of him, something you will never have.

And someone noted I was happy he lost to Sweeting.. no, actually I wasn't happy for that at all. What did made me happy was that my realistic expectations struck again and made me right, while your extremely high expectations let you guys down AGAIN, kind of a slap in the face, no?

My point is just that.. MAYBE it would help to not overhype him, and actually have REALISTIC expectations for once. Maybe then you wouldn't be so disappointed when he ends up losing.
The problem you have is that you think we cannot cheer for a player unless they win the tournament. Well not even that, every tournament. Its the reason we all laugh at you here and its the reason you were laughed at in the Nadal subforum. I haven't seen one unrealistic expectation for Vasek in this thread. We cheer during his matches and look at the positives. That's called being a fan. You, on the other hand, are what embarrasses true fans and gives Rafa fans their bad names.
__________________
Peter Polansky
Nestor - Chvojka - Pospisil - Raonic - Peliwo
Snowwy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:45 PM   #642
country flag Ravel
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 790
Ravel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond reputeRavel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

He's gonna be facing Roger-Vasselin in the first QFR of Valencia. If he gets through that one, the second QFR is gonna be against Riba/Ward
Ravel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:54 AM   #643
country flag misty1
Banned!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 21,935
misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

i really dont see him getting past ERV, this is his surface to shine

but you never know, i just dont think he will and he's got a pretty hard draw anyway since ward likely awaits in the next round
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:27 AM   #644
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,803
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

Vasek is totally the favorite to qualify out of this section, I mean the way he is playing he's top 10 material at least. When(not if) he qualifies as long as he's not in Ferrer's section he has a clear path to the final, easily beating 2 of the frenchmen that he will also beat at next years davis cup. He will then proceed to get a SE into Paris which he will decline because he doesn't want to embarrass the top 4 players in the world but handing them a double bagel playing with his wrong hand. He will then proceed to win 3 of 4 grand slams next year, retire from tennis and buy a subway resturant with his earnings
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:27 AM   #645
country flag 156mphserve
Registered User
 
156mphserve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 13,803
156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vasek Pospisil

but just to be clear I'm not overhyping him
__________________
2012 Chennai Champion
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
Milos

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios