Peter Polansky - Page 33 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #481
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by J99 View Post
I've never thought it's just mental with him, he has a similar game to Dancevic, I call them tweeners, they play better at the net than they do off the ground usually, there game is maybe slightly above average at the net and average off the ground, Frank is better mentally, no question, not the kind of game to do alot of damage.
Peter's game is similar to Frank's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #482
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

he did well to win but i dont think he'll qualify with who's left to come
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:38 AM   #483
Snowwy

Snowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond reputeSnowwy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
he did well to win but i dont think he'll qualify with who's left to come
I agree, he lost last time he played Zeballos and I would expect the same result tomorrow (or whenever they play)
Old 05-23-2012, 01:19 AM   #484
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
Peter's game is similar to Frank's?
I laughed too

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:24 AM   #485
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
I laughed too
What, they aren't really baseliners, they both look to get to the net, but do do a bit of baselining if they have to.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 AM   #486
Snowwy

Quote:
What, they aren't really baseliners, they both look to get to the net, but do do a bit of baselining if they have to.
Frank's has a very good serve, a pretty good forehand and tries to get into the net at every chance he gets, regardless of if it will be an easy volley or not, he is probably a top 5 or top 10 volleyer in the top 115 or whatever, his hands are amazing. He is terribly inconsistent from then back of the court often times, but he does have two weapons, his serve and his net play. He hits the ball very flat, like your typical Canadian tennis player.

Peter's serve is average, and his second serve is probably below average, but his ground game is alright, much more consistent than Frank's. Good forehand and backhand, with lots of spin. He, unlike Frank, does not have any weapons. His forehand and backhand will move players around but they will not produce flat out winners and he often plays with a lot of margin for error, not really going for winners but making his opponents hit a lot of balls. He is okay at the net, but generally only goes to the net when he is expecting to have an easier volley because he doesn't have the weapons to finish the point from the baseline.

This is just how I see the two players, and maybe I am wrong, but I really feel that Polansky plays like a European, like Igor Andreev for example and Dancevic plays a lot like an American, like James Blake for example.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #487
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope Peter will pull the upset tomorrow.
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #488
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Frank's has a very good serve, a pretty good forehand and tries to get into the net at every chance he gets, regardless of if it will be an easy volley or not, he is probably a top 5 or top 10 volleyer in the top 115 or whatever, his hands are amazing. He is terribly inconsistent from then back of the court often times, but he does have two weapons, his serve and his net play. He hits the ball very flat, like your typical Canadian tennis player.

Peter's serve is average, and his second serve is probably below average, but his ground game is alright, much more consistent than Frank's. Good forehand and backhand, with lots of spin. He, unlike Frank, does not have any weapons. His forehand and backhand will move players around but they will not produce flat out winners and he often plays with a lot of margin for error, not really going for winners but making his opponents hit a lot of balls. He is okay at the net, but generally only goes to the net when he is expecting to have an easier volley because he doesn't have the weapons to finish the point from the baseline.

This is just how I see the two players, and maybe I am wrong, but I really feel that Polansky plays like a European, like Igor Andreev for example and Dancevic plays a lot like an American, like James Blake for example.
This.

Polansky is many things, a good net player is certainly a stretch very far
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:35 PM   #489
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

funny because the way you describe peter';s game is alot like how you'd describe wozniacki's
Old 05-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #490
country flag J99

J99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond reputeJ99 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, I was just watching some highlights of Peter playing DC vs. Israel, he does look to be more of a baseliner than I remember when I watched him in Canada, maybe he changed his game a bit since his accident, in that match he was making some very poor errors from the baseline though, this is why I feel there should maybe be scouting reports on tennis players, cause we can either forget or confuse, or just don't know a players game if we haven't seen them play.

TT stats site: http://mtftt.info/

Melzer, Rafa, Fognini, Murray, Pospisil, Ferrer, Haas, Dolgopolov, Almagro, Janowicz, Kohlschreiber, plus a lot more, mostly, if not all clay courters.
J99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #491
Snowwy

Quote:
funny because the way you describe peter';s game is alot like how you'd describe wozniacki's
Except Wozniacki is number 1 in the world.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:26 PM   #492
Snowwy

Quote:
Yeah, I was just watching some highlights of Peter playing DC vs. Israel, he does look to be more of a baseliner than I remember when I watched him in Canada, maybe he changed his game a bit since his accident, in that match he was making some very poor errors from the baseline though, this is why I feel there should maybe be scouting reports on tennis players, cause we can either forget or confuse, or just don't know a players game if we haven't seen them play.
Yeah, its easy to not be completely sure with lower ranked ranked players. Some of us on here may know about certain players so if you are ever unsure you can ask, I know I ask about some players of different nations.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:00 PM   #493
country flag misty1
Banned!

Quote:
Except Wozniacki is number 1 in the world.
well was

but yeah, i know..its just kind of funny
Old 05-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #494
Snowwy

Quote:
well was

but yeah, i know..its just kind of funny
I see what you mean.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:01 PM   #495
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Frank is better from the baseline than given credit for here. And he has more weapons and is probably better from the baseline than Polansky is. His BH DTL and forehand are big shots when he times them. He also has a more dangerous return of serve.

Polansky hits with a lot of spin on his forehand but can hit some winners with that shot. I wouldn't call him completely weaponless because he can hit some good forehands and serves. But in comparison to Dancevic or most top 100 players he's simply less talented.

Polansky isn't that good a volleyer, I'm not exactly sure how that would get connected with him. He's not really comfortable at net either, from what I've seen of him, he certainly isn't the type who enjoys coming to net except when he knows he will win the point.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote