Peter Polansky - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #271
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peter Polansky

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
draw is made but the weather wont let up

they havent even played the first round of qualies yet and its going to be tuesday tommorrow

in my mind, with the weather report it will be a miracle if they can even start let alone finish by sunday

this is really awful for all of those players who planned on using this as a warm up to the AO
There's something about challengers in overseas French territories... they had to cancel the Reunion challenger last year in the quarterfinals... might be the same here
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 10:26 PM   #272
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

thing is with the weather the way it is they might not be able to even start anything until wednesday

that would mean they would still be finishing qualies on friday..there would be no possible way to finish on time.

i dont know what they should do here. Its to early to cancel the whole thing, maybe things will change and they can start tommorrow but..we'll see

i can definately understand peter and every other player's frustrations. If they had an indoor facility that would solve the problem..but for some reason they dont. Players cant even train really since apparently there's only 1 court

what happens when they cancel a tournament anyway? every player gets the points for reaching the stage that they can or everyone gets nothing?
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #273

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1 View Post
thing is with the weather the way it is they might not be able to even start anything until wednesday

that would mean they would still be finishing qualies on friday..there would be no possible way to finish on time.

i dont know what they should do here. Its to early to cancel the whole thing, maybe things will change and they can start tommorrow but..we'll see

i can definately understand peter and every other player's frustrations. If they had an indoor facility that would solve the problem..but for some reason they dont. Players cant even train really since apparently there's only 1 court

what happens when they cancel a tournament anyway? every player gets the points for reaching the stage that they can or everyone gets nothing?
There is only one round of qualies - and those guys will play at least two matches in one day. Never underestimate the ability of tournament organizers to pack two to three rounds of play in one day. You can start play very early and play all day rather than starting say at 11am.

If its Thursday and they still havent started, then maybe there is a discussion. But otherwise cancelling is a last ditch option.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:38 PM   #274
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

1 round of qualies lefdt, and 5 rounds of the tournament. In theory they could 2 rounds per day, not start until Friday and still get it done.

In the case of it being cancelled I believe they average out all the points and everyone left gets that.

So in the case that nothing gets done, each person left in the qualies draw would get 2.5 points.

And Averaging all the Md points between 36 players left you'd get 10 points given to each player

I think that's what would be done, so peter would get 13 I guess

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 AM   #275
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

he's on court now. (finally) we'll see if he can finish

held his opening service

deuce on pateau's serve

adv. peter

he breaks
Old 01-03-2012, 01:06 AM   #276
country flag misty1
Banned!

easy hold

3-0
Old 01-03-2012, 01:13 AM   #277
country flag misty1
Banned!

breaks again, 4-0

15-0

30-0

40-0

5-0
Old 01-03-2012, 01:23 AM   #278
country flag misty1
Banned!

pateau gets on the board

5-1

0-15

15-15

30-15

30-30

30-40

deuce

adv. peter

6-1
Old 01-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #279
country flag misty1
Banned!

6-1, 6-0
Old 01-03-2012, 01:42 AM   #280

Wait two days for a match that was never in doubt
Old 01-03-2012, 01:43 AM   #281
country flag misty1
Banned!

its almost kind of funny because its so bad
Old 01-03-2012, 01:47 AM   #282
country flag d_s

d_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond reputed_s has a reputation beyond repute

5 pts for that
He'll play his first round match later.
d_s is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #283
country flag letshavefun3

letshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond reputeletshavefun3 has a reputation beyond repute

Peter is also seeded number four in doubles.
letshavefun3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #284
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

had Peter signed up in time would he have gotten into the main draw?

Maybe he just didn't sign up till qualies to get an easy 5 points while warming up

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 02:21 AM   #285
country flag 2eazy

2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute2eazy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 156mphserve View Post
had Peter signed up in time would he have gotten into the main draw?

Maybe he just didn't sign up till qualies to get an easy 5 points while warming up
no cutoff was 248
2eazy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote