Frederico Gil - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:51 PM   #1
country flag 10K Futures Qualifier
Athletic DNA

10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute10K Futures Qualifier has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fredrico Gil

This guy is playing in his home countries only ATP Event this week in Estoril, Portugal and he doesn't even need a Wild Card! Vamos!
10K Futures Qualifier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #2
country flag Snoo Foo

Snoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond reputeSnoo Foo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fredrico Gil

it's frederico
Snoo Foo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
country flag catatonia

catatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond reputecatatonia has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, he had some very good matches recently and he just lost a final in Tunis to Gaudio. He is the top Portuguese player and he plays Blake in the first round of Estoril.

Good luck

www.punterclub.com - the best site for daily mens tennis analysis and betting tips!

Grigor Dimitrov
catatonia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #4
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

You go, Gil!
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:34 PM   #5
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is dying! Gil almost in the final of Tunis Ch again and in doubles is in SF too... And next to come, ESTORIL VAMOS GIL!
Sauletekis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:37 AM   #6
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Frederico is in the semifinals of ATP Estoril after defeating his countryman Machado 4-6 7-6 (1) 6-3!!!! He also beat Florian Mayer in 3 sets in the first round, and Santiago Giraldo in straight sets in the second round. He plays Garcia-Lopez in the semifinals with the potential to play Roger in the final in front of the home fans!

With his results this week he will move up in the rankings from #133 to around #110 and with a win tomorrow, he would be right around/in the top 100 next week! Good luck Frederico, hopefully you get the victory to continue the best week of your career!
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
country flag Sauletekis

Sauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond reputeSauletekis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
Frederico is in the semifinals of ATP Estoril after defeating his countryman Machado 4-6 7-6 (1) 6-3!!!! He also beat Florian Mayer in 3 sets in the first round, and Santiago Giraldo in straight sets in the second round. He plays Garcia-Lopez in the semifinals with the potential to play Roger in the final in front of the home fans!

With his results this week he will move up in the rankings from #133 to around #110 and with a win tomorrow, he would be right around/in the top 100 next week! Good luck Frederico, hopefully you get the victory to continue the best week of your career!
I'm very happy for him, but it's sad that Machado didn't win it too, because he will surely become a top 100, by def. Gil. And Rui deserve top 100 by a long time. But Gil is a mentally stronger player, so hope he will use that to beat GGL... Not going to be easy, tought... it would be magic to have a Portuguese player in an ATP event, especially in front of his fans, in Estoril.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
country flag Sauletekis

And Fred has done it! THANK YOU, FOR ALL!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 03:27 AM   #9
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machado & Gil View Post
I'm very happy for him, but it's sad that Machado didn't win it too, because he will surely become a top 100, by def. Gil. And Rui deserve top 100 by a long time. But Gil is a mentally stronger player, so hope he will use that to beat GGL... Not going to be easy, tought... it would be magic to have a Portuguese player in an ATP event, especially in front of his fans, in Estoril.
Rui seems to me to have a heavier ball and hit the ball better in general than Federico but he lacks a great serve, he gets stuck behind the baseline too much, and he got tired badly vs. Frederico. At the end, the fact Frederico spent a year playing ATP events is what made the difference in that match, his experience level and as you say, mental strength. But Rui is better than some of the guys in the top 100 right now, I'm sure he will get there sooner rather than later.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:44 AM   #10
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Frederico won 6-2 5-7 6-3 over Garcia Lopez and is in the final of his home countries tournament in Estoril!!!! He was serving for the match at 5-4 in the second set but got nervous and choked. He broke immediately to start the third set but was re-broken. But he found a way to fight through and win the match by breaking GGL three times in the set!!! What an amazing week for Frederico and Portuguese tennis fans, and the Estoril tournament.

Even more positively, Frederico should be right around 100 next week in the world rankings, just in time for the main draw of Wimbledon!!

Tomorrow he plays Albert Montanes who beat Federer in the semi-finals. The best way to cap off this amazing week would be with a win but regardless, Frederico has had the best tournament of his life and should be very proud. Congrats to you Frederico, and good luck tomorrow!
Old 05-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
country flag Sauletekis

Believe it GIL!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:27 AM   #12
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Frederico came so close to the victory but came up just short in the final, 2-6 7-6 (4) 5-7 to Montanes. Frederico was being completely outplayed and was down 6-2 5-3 and Montanes had opportunities to go ahead a double break in the second set, but Frederico fought back two times when Montanes served for the match, and took it to a tiebreaker he won by playing aggressive and just hitting out on all his shots. In the third set Frederico rode the wave of momentum and got ahead a double break on Montanes! But Montanes came all the way back and Frederico got a little tired, and Albert broke 3 times in the 3rd set to win the match.

It was an exciting, intense, dramatic and very fun final to watch with decent quality---at times. Regardless of the result, this is the biggest tournament in Frederico's career, and is a career changing event for him and for all of Portugal when it comes to tennis. Frederico put tennis on the map in Portugal and hopefully the fight and desire he showed this week in Estoril will rub off on any youngsters who want to get in the sport.

Frederico's ranking will move up to around #104 with this result with nothing to defend these next months, so a return to a top 100 place is basically an inevitability. Congrats Frederico on this fabulous week, you have done your fans and country very proud!!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #13
country flag Sauletekis

Frederico will play on Tuesday (or maybe Wendesday if Jonh asks for another day to heal his injury) against the giant player, Isner. The american guy is injured. Wonder if he will play or Gil will will play agains some LL.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:42 AM   #14
country flag Sauletekis

OOP released, Gil match wasn't on it. So we'll have to wait another day...
Old 09-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #15
country flag Sauletekis

After reachig USO doubles Last Of 16, Fred will have a mini-holidays according to portuguese newspapper. He will be back only in Week 39 to defend the Napoli CH tittle of last year... But next week he will play the DC Playoff's against Bosnia, to help Portugal to be in I division of Europe/Africa zone...