Clay Season 2011 - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:03 PM   #46
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Season 2011

Report 14 April 2011

Met up with Ney, A fan from th English thread on rgnet, and we headed to the practise courts first, not a bad idea, after some 20 minutes Richard did his warm up with the sparring partners. I was able to convince Ney that it might not be a good moment to ask for pics, and indeed, Richard left quickly. We decided to head towards CC; when I suddenly heard someone calling "Puschkin, Puschkin". It was Richard's mum, I could hardly believe my ears, she had recognised me after our very short talk last year. This year our conversation was much longer and she was very nice to me.

Then, Richard's match. Well, there is not much to say: you don't beat Nadal without a first serve, the rest of his game was good, I felt. We decided to watch Federer and then meet up to wait for Richard at the players' exit, and there, my timing went totally wrong; We were there after 90 minutes - my experience was even 2 hours - but we missed him. I hope that Ney is not too mad at me, she got to see Nadal and Novak, yes, Novak is in MC, I even saw him practising later.

After a goodbye to Ney, I decided to try to get into the Court des Princes for Juergen, but no luck, even if there was enough space left, then it started to rain and I left the premisses.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾

Last edited by Puschkin : 04-22-2011 at 06:22 AM.
Puschkin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 06:31 PM   #47
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

In Barcelona, Richie could make some damage with a good draw!
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #48
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Report 14 April 2011

Met up with Ney, A fan from th eEnglish thread on rgnet, and we headed to the practise courts first, not a bad idea, after a some 20 minutes Richard did his warm up with the sparring partners. I was able to convince Ney that it might not be a good moment to ask for pics, and indeed, Richard left quickly. We decided to head towards CC; when I suddenly heard someone calling "Puschkin, Puschkin". It was Richard's mum, I could hardly believe my ears, she had recognised me after our very short talk last year. This year our conversation was much longer and she was very nice to me.

Then, Richard's match. Well, there is not much to say: you don't beat Nadal without a first serve, the rest of his game was good, I felt. We decided to watch Federer and then meet up to wait for Richard at the players' exit, and there, my timing went totally wrong; We were there after 90 minutes - my experience was even 2 hours - but we missed him. I hope that Ney is not too mad at me, she got to see Nadal and Novak, yes, Novak is in MC, I even saw him practising later.

After a goodbye to Ney, I decided to try to get into the Court des Princes for Juergen, but no luck, even if there was enough space left, then it started to rain and I left the premisses.
thanks for your reports, Pushkin, we almost felt we were there
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:09 PM   #49
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassquet View Post
In Barcelona, Richie could make some damage with a good draw!
Yeah, he needs to play well and then yes he could do some damage in Barcelona.
I'm just hoping him and Rafa are in opposite halfs!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:13 PM   #50
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

No issues with Richie today. He fulfilled his potential in MC.
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #51
country flag *julie*

*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute*julie* has a reputation beyond repute

A good match despite the defeat of course. But what do you expect against Nadal. I am sure Richard learn a lot from this kind of match. Hopefully he will have better draws in BCN and other coming tournaments. With his current level and confidence, this is promising.

Again, thanks a lot Puschkin for your reports.
Btw, I saw you in the crowd today. You were wearing a blue top.
*julie* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #52
country flag scmom

scmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond reputescmom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for your reports, Puschkin! How nice that Richard's mom remembered you
I wondered if I saw you the other day on television . There was a woman holding up a sign that said Richard - and I wondered if it was you .

all in all a good tournament for him. He played a good match against Nadal - so it is hard to complain.
On to Barcelona ! Hope it goes well for him there
scmom is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:56 PM   #53
country flag icecastle

icecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond reputeicecastle has a reputation beyond repute

Puschkin I would have given you a good rep if I could. Anyway, thanks so much for your report and im so happy for you!

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
icecastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #54
country flag mukado

mukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin View Post
Report 14 April 2011

Met up with Ney, A fan from th eEnglish thread on rgnet, and we headed to the practise courts first, not a bad idea, after a some 20 minutes Richard did his warm up with the sparring partners. I was able to convince Ney that it might not be a good moment to ask for pics, and indeed, Richard left quickly. We decided to head towards CC; when I suddenly heard someone calling "Puschkin, Puschkin". It was Richard's mum, I could hardly believe my ears, she had recognised me after our very short talk last year. This year our conversation was much longer and she was very nice to me.

Love the way you are a responsible fan, not disturbing him at the wrong time.
mukado is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #55
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Barcelona

Gasquet, seeded 9th will play J.I.Chela in the 1st round, tough 1st round match with Chela who is a good solid player on the clay and beat Richard last year in South America.

Possible 3rd round meeting with Monfils and he is in Rafa's quarter!

Draw: http://www.barcelonaopenbancsabadell...ticias/MDS.pdf

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 04-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:24 PM   #56
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

Richard is really unlucky, Tennis Gods don't want him to progress. Good thing is Monfils is brought into his misery, so french medias won't have the option to praise him instead of supporting Ritchie.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 07:25 PM   #57
country flag ImmzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbriar View Post
Richard is really unlucky, Tennis Gods don't want him to progress. Good thing is Monfils is brought into his misery, so french medias won't have the option to praise him instead of supporting Ritchie.
Most of times Richard does avoid Nadal in the Draws for them not be in the same halfs but it's luck as you are picking it out of a bucket.

Allez Richard!!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #58
country flag ImmzB

Richard will play his 1st round match against Chela on Tuesday as Chela will be playing the Doubles Final in Monte Carlo tommorow.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-17-2011, 03:21 PM   #59
country flag mukado

mukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond reputemukado has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid being seeded 16 is really a great great problem in GC and M1000. He will always play Nadal or Djoko in 1/8 and could not progress. In a ATP500 like Barcelona, it was an opportunity to have a better draw but he's very very unlucky.
Seed 21-24 is almost better. He absolutly must to progress to seed 12 to have a good draw in Wimbly.
mukado is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 05:37 PM   #60
country flag ImmzB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukado View Post
I'm afraid being seeded 16 is really a great great problem in GC and M1000. He will always play Nadal or Djoko in 1/8 and could not progress. In a ATP500 like Barcelona, it was an opportunity to have a better draw but he's very very unlucky.
Seed 21-24 is almost better. He absolutly must to progress to seed 12 to have a good draw in Wimbly.
Yeah I understand that, so if he is a seed between 21-24 he will face a seed between 5-8 in the 4th round right but he could have a tough match against the 9-12 seed in the 3rd......

If he is seeded from 13-16 he could potentially face a top 4 seed in the 4th round.

You don't want Richie to have Rafa potentially in the 4th round, that would put most his fans off the draw!

So it's depends what way you look at it then.....
I think the best thing for him is to win matches, deeper into tournaments and go further up in the rankings!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 04-17-2011 at 06:10 PM.