Clay Season 2011 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #16
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clay Season 2011

I was also happy because Richard was showing some emotion on the court, he sometimes says "Allez" and the makes "Fist Pumps" now and then in matches but in this match he was saying Allez and pumping his fists more which was good to see!

More of that please!

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #17
country flag Schu

Schu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond reputeSchu has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty ugly match but it's a win and that's never a bad thing. My mom always said if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all, so I'll just stop here.

I will say that at times his forehand looked pretty good - deep and offensive but I still hold my breathe every time he wacks a forehand cuz I just don't have much faith in it.

On to round 2. Allez!
Schu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #18
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Richard is back in action, he's playing his doubles match.

Gasquet/Ljubicic 3-2* Almagro/Raonic

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:45 PM   #19
country flag ImmzB

Richard and Ljubicic take the 1st set 6-3!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-11-2011, 05:10 PM   #20
country flag ImmzB

Richard and Ljubicic win 6-3 6-2!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM   #21
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Report 12 April 2011
My train was late, so I missed Richard's warm-up, just saw him leaving the court on the other side, I had a long chat with French friends and then I went to CC not to miss anything, Richard was tense against Istomin, but he grinded it out, I had my banner up, but the gentlemen next to me complained about it, he said he doesn't want to be filmed, even if there were no cameras on the other side.

Luckily other people told him to shut up and encouraged me to go on, after his win I went to see Davydenko-Haase on a small court, great to watch a match so close, Haase could be dangerous in the future.

Then it was time for Richard's doubles, Ljubcic is such a reassuring presence, in the beginning Richard touched his back and looked a bit worried, I don't think it was an injury, though, just stiffness after his long match before, but the longer the match lasted, the better his play became. They looked good together, Ljubicic very reliable on serve and return and Richard with some good net-play and wearing Almagro down on the BH side; It was so much more comfortbale to watch than the singles match. Richard won't play tomorrow.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #22
country flag ImmzB

Richard will play G.Garcia-Lopez in the 2nd round after he beat Vincent Millot 6-2 6-4.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:20 PM   #23
country flag Naina

Naina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond reputeNaina has a reputation beyond repute

GGL is always tough. I hope Richard wins and hopefully the match will third or fourth up
Nalbandian.Safin.Mathieu.
Naina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
country flag ImmzB

Richard is 1st up on Court Central on Wednesday against Garcia Lopez for his 2nd round match which will start at 11.00 local time and 10.00 BST.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #25
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Report 12 April

Started the day with watching an easier win from Simon against Bellucci than expected, Then I caught up with Ricahrd practising with two sparring partners, he was touchinghis back and looked a bit moody. I decided to leave him alone after today, I am sure he wished more for a shower than talking to me, but I exchanged some words with Piatti, I asked about the back and he confirmed my idea that it was just stiffness, not a real problem.

Back on centre court, Roger destroyed a poor Kohlschreiber, then I felt Richard might exit the premisses, so I hung around at the players` exit, but no luck. I went to watch the Bennetau-Chardy doubles, which they won, to be back on CC for Raonic beating Gulbis, or Gulbis beating himself.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #26
country flag ImmzB

Gasquet 6-2 6-1 GGL

Nice comfortable victory for Richard, he played a good consistent tennis and he got better when the match went on!!

Next for Richard it will be Nadal (very likely) or Nieminen.

Also Richard showed emotion just like in his 1st match, pumping his fist and shouting "Allez"
Keep it up!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 04-13-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:18 AM   #27
country flag ImmzB

Richard has had 2 good wins here, having to play likely the king of clay in the 3rd where he was building some momentum!
If he had anyone else possibly in the 3rd would of been nice and then maybe play Rafa later in the tournament!

But this is part of game, if Richard wants to be the best he has to beat them!

Richard has just said "He can't play 10 feet behind the baseline because he will have no chance against Rafa, correct! He also said I have to be "aggressive"
He knows what he has to do atleast!

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!

Last edited by ImmzB : 07-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #28
country flag Vlad1980

Vlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond reputeVlad1980 has a reputation beyond repute

He started out playing fairly passive but GGL was missing a lot but still a lot of long rallies in first set, but matchwise, this one favored Richard from beginning. I feel like Richard served very well at times when he needed.
A lot of very effective serve and volley. He will need that against Rafa and a lot of good returning and short points. He won't win many games by just grinding far from baseline.

Good luck!
Vlad1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #29
country flag ImmzB

Richard will play his doubles match after M.Gonzalez and Almagro match is completed.
Richard and Ljubicic take on the 2nd seeds, M Mirnyi & D Nestor in the 2nd round.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
Old 04-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #30
country flag ImmzB

Richard will overtake Tsonga in the rankings, he will go to number 17.
Players below Richard in the rankings who are still in the tournament could go above him but they need to reach the later stages of the tournament.

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!