Mens Tennis Forums banner

Kebabs

20K views 180 replies 58 participants last post by  out_here_grindin 
#1 ·
ok... so, it has come to my attention that a board member has only recently found the beauty that is... the kebab...

it is absolutely true... they are at times wonderful...typically consumed at around 4am after the girl/guy you were talking to walked away because you where unable to be understood... many kebabs consumed at this time could be considered bad kebabs and there was actually a point in time where bad kebabs began to symbolise my social life... so much so that i named my air guitar rock band Bad Kebab... however, due to the taste buds being rendered useless by intoxication it matters little...

anyways, the two kebab houses i am about to share with you do not require an obscene level of intoxication to be enjoyed...

i would encourage everyone who knows where to find a top shelf kebab to share the whereabouts of such a kebab... don't keep your good luck to yourself... everybody has a right to a life involving top quality kebabs...

one rule: dont give me this half cut up pitta sh!t that has crap falling out the top of it... useless... don't be lazy, get the proper gear and roll that shit up... it's not even up for debate...

THIS IS A KEBAB

THIS IS NOT A KEBAB

i had many kebabs previous to this, but i came across this particular kebab in 1996... it totally revolutionised they way i thought about kebabs... rolled up, compact, little spillage... a neat and tidy job and always a well balanced mix of garden vegtables and meat... try the chicken kebab, extra cheese, w/ hommus and garlic sauce... but doesnt matter what combo, as long as you order a kebab...

i was back in newcastle australia last year for my bro wedding, and on the morning of the wedding i made my way back there to see if it was still around... lo and behold.. it was... and wow... same great kebab action... i went ape shit inside for a while before containing myself and then ordering...

last year, i also ran into a kebab house that matched the kebab i had in newcastle, australia...

i found it on the southern end of Plaza Nueva, Granada, Spain... just on the junction to Calle Elvira... go the doner/chicken mix and chooe any topping... again, well rolled... take this away or even eat it on the run...

do it!!

celebrate all time great kebabs by posting where we can find them...

because, deep down, when you search your feelings, you know as well as i do that the world needs a better quality kebab...

See less See more
#82 ·
In Iraq, kebab certainly means shish kebab (i.e. mince meat on a skewer and grilled) and not döner kebab, like this:

Commonly eaten with rice and other appetizers on the side like hommous and tabbouleh. But also eaten in sandwich form, of course.

Then there's lamb tikka kebab:

And Shawarma kebab, my personal favourite:

:drool:

#96 · (Edited)

back on track after rocky break

i was gonna provide the next page with a picture of these... tho i couldnt help but acknowledge such beauty...

I haven't seen but maybe there are in Budapest. :p :) In my city there aren't sure.
i have never been to budapest... sadly... so, by day, i probably have no chance of finding my way to the nearest kabab house in budapest...

but... put me in budapest after 8 pints at 4am and i garauntee you that 7 kebab houses will find their way to me... i know how kebabs operate...

#105 ·
Wow these prices that you guys are reporting... If I want to get a decent kebab it's 7-8€... I can get a shit pita for about 4 or 3,5 but that just makes me mad...

Have you guys ever tried Iskender kebab? It's pretty popular in Finland... Kebab with youghurt sauce in addition to the regular one + salad, bread and sometimes rice... can't beat that

#107 ·
Wow these prices that you guys are reporting... If I want to get a decent kebab it's 7-8€... I can get a shit pita for about 4 or 3,5 but that just makes me mad...

Have you guys ever tried Iskender kebab? It's pretty popular in Finland... Kebab with youghurt sauce in addition to the regular one + salad, bread and sometimes rice... can't beat that

there is a kebab house here with that name... not sure what it's about but it does share that exact name: Iskender Kebab... it's next on my hit list... be sure you'll hear about it when i smash up my fill in there...

here's between 1 and 2 euros

the one like in Getta's pics is not more than 1 euro, if you want it served in a plate with other garnish is around 2

#106 ·
here's between 1 and 2 euros

the one like in Getta's pics is not more than 1 euro, if you want it served in a plate with other garnish is around 2

#108 ·
i mean the ones getta posted on page 1

the one above would be 1 euro for each

#115 ·
In GB kebabs vary a lot in price and quality - £2 - £5 sterling and anything from gourmet to fit only for poisoning the neighbour's dog.

I prefer mine without chips, just a bit of salad, but I have to say that the best ever was in Thessaloniki, just over 1 euro, served with no bread and a few chips in a cardboard container. I was staying in a 5 star hotel at the time, and I didn't eat my supper!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.