Will there be another Roger Federer? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #61
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will there be another Roger Federer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle View Post
I am talking peak nadal not an 18 year old kid who needed to mature on all surfaces. Fed did not begin his run until 23 !!!
Nadull never improved his overall game,,from 03-till now.His PEAK run in accordance to his physical peak 18-25.He is highly dependant on physicality.
How could you develope moonballism
The core of nadull's game is movement n' top spin fh. He can't win when these are taken away,,All so- called improvements are marginal @ best.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #62
country flag Mungo

Mungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond reputeMungo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Nadull never improved his overall game,,from 03-till now.His PEAK run in accordance to his physical peak 18-25.He is highly dependant on physicality.
How could you develope moonballism
The core of nadull's game is movement n' top spin fh. He can't win when these are taken away,,All so- called improvements are marginal @ best.
To make it easier for you....pick up a racket and maybe you will learn something about tennis. Meanwhile you sound as smart as Gulbis with a racket. It makes perfect sense that you're a Fedull fan. Moonballing doesn't exist in the modern game. Bruguera was a real moonballer, try watching some videos, and talking of the current players Fed's backhands can go really close to the moon.

To answer the OP's question, hopefully never, for the sake of the sport. We don't need more arrogant no.1 with no balls and an arrogant fanbase. Tennis will be a classy sport with classy fans once Fed retires and the likes of Nadal,Djokovic and Del Potro dominate the game while they and their fans respect each other.
Mungo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 PM   #63
country flag Singularity

Singularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond reputeSingularity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
To answer the OP's question, hopefully never, for the sake of the sport. We don't need more arrogant no.1 with no balls and an arrogant fanbase. Tennis will be a classy sport with classy fans once Fed retires and the likes of Nadal,Djokovic and Del Potro dominate the game while they and their fans respect each other.
Obviously there's no irony in this.
Singularity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:26 PM   #64
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Why did you have to quote him? That clown should be on everyone's ignore list, not just mine.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #65
country flag barbadosan

barbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond reputebarbadosan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Why did you have to quote him? That clown should be on everyone's ignore list, not just mine.
You definitely have a point there... the import of Singularity's comment to him will probably sail right over his head, heh
Old 04-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #66
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
To make it easier for you....pick up a racket and maybe you will learn something about tennis. Meanwhile you sound as smart as Gulbis with a racket. It makes perfect sense that you're a Fedull fan. Moonballing doesn't exist in the modern game. Bruguera was a real moonballer, try watching some videos, and talking of the current players Fed's backhands can go really close to the moon.

Nadull game has changed,,because he matured & realized that to extend his career (protect his knees) he had to shorten points. Running for hours n' hours takes its toll. In essense he gave-up his explosive movement he had in his younger days, for a more rounded game , so he gradually increased his mph on serve over time,improved his volley skills etc etc. However his overall game hasn't improved in term of results with reference to addressing his fundermental weakness. He beats the players/styles he always beats & loses to the players styles he always lost to with respect to surfaces.
People claim he improved his grass game/HC game etc but if you look closer you will see the HC slams he won ,the draw was filled with player he would always beat,the same for grass n' clay.
He is playing closer to the baseline now,,so what.
Despite his improved results I could claim he is in fact declining currently.The pattern in there.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:43 PM   #67
country flag Arakasi

Arakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond reputeArakasi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haelfix View Post
Consider that Federer at times during his career resurrected elements of tennis that had been long forgotten. Like the slice passing shot.. That had been dead since the early 80s! Its just getting too archaic, and shots like that simply aren't taught anymore.
Slice passing shot
Arakasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:32 AM   #68
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Of course. There are many young tennis players keen to copy Olderer's play style.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 03:39 AM   #69
country flag jcempire

jcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond reputejcempire has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfan856 View Post
one generation at a time. I am still waiting on Rajeev Rampras to fulfill his destiny.
Agree!!!

Nadal Nadal Nadal
jcempire is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #70
country flag Tennisman82

Tennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisman82 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeandlonely View Post
I mean style of play, game-wise, let's not even talk about achievements. Or arguably the best to see of all time vanish after his retirement.
Doubt it….but then again in Sampras’ waning years everyone doubted we’d see another Sampras on tour. We didn’t but someone even better turned up: Roger Federer.

I don’t expect we’ll see another Federer, someone who is so innovative & naturally talented. It’s possible someone even better than him will grace the tour in the distant future but I don't think we'll see another Federer-like player ever again (i.e., someone that possess such a smooth, creative & artistic looking game).

Tennisman82.
Tennisman82 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 07:23 AM   #71
country flag LawrenceOfTennis
Banned!

LawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond reputeLawrenceOfTennis has a reputation beyond repute

and this thread's still running...OMG!! the answer is NOOO.
LawrenceOfTennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #72
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

there will never be another roger federer

there will be others who hit career highs, even nadal

but there will never be another who had so much artistic brilliance in every fiber of his being

to think its all going to be over soon

so sad
Old 04-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #73
country flag Myrre

Myrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond repute

As all surfaces become similar/the same, then it is much easier to dominate. When you're best on one surface, then you're best on all. So if a dominant player manages to play consistently well throughout the year, there's no reason why he shouldn't have a year like Federer's best.
Myrre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:44 PM   #74
country flag Gagsquet
Banned!

Gagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond reputeGagsquet has a reputation beyond repute

In term of achievements, he could be surpass. In term of style, there is only one Federer.
Gagsquet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #75
country flag ossie

ossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond reputeossie has a reputation beyond repute

nope, just like the serve and volley the single-handed backhand is going to die out soon with feds retirement. the game has evolved to a degree that players with a double handed backhand and superior movement are going to dominate the sport, so i dont expect another federer anytime soon.