Will there be another Roger Federer? - Page 19 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-01-2011, 05:23 PM   #271
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will there be another Roger Federer?

it's laughable that fedtards use consistency as a yardstick for players of 90s......says how much they know about tennis......90s was strong for aspects like ridiculous differences in surfaces, depth in the field, variety and surprise packages - all which post-2000 lacks totally......sampras was an attacking all courter and yet managed to be a consistent title winner and won 64 titles, that's why he is so great......

now '2007 - present' is strong for "consistency"......like i said earlier, don't blindly go by the semis and finals of this era......back in the 90s reaching those stages was far more difficult......fed's main competition of roddick, hewitt, safin is nowhere comparable to either 90s or '2007 - present'......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 05:26 PM   #272
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj100 View Post
Your argument is completely biased and very imbalanced, which always seems to be the case when you talk about Federer. It's clear that you dislike Federer and his achievements, but it's not clear why.
It's clear as day as to why SetSampras holding on to his Pete scrapbook and his effigy of Federer as he looks at all of Sampras' records dropping one by one in Federer's hands. Basically the only susbstantial record Sampras holds now is the total weeks at #1 of which Federer is only one week short. SetSampras is making animal offerings to make sure Federer doesn't ever return to the top spot. Djokovic 2011 is probably a byproduct of SetSampras sacrificial offerings.
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #273
country flag SetSampras

SetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Start da Game View Post
it's laughable that fedtards use consistency as a yardstick for players of 90s......says how much they know about tennis......90s was strong for aspects like ridiculous differences in surfaces, depth in the field, variety and surprise packages - all which post-2000 lacks totally......sampras was an attacking all courter and yet managed to be a consistent title winner and won 64 titles, that's why he is so great......

now '2007 - present' is strong for "consistency"......like i said earlier, don't blindly go by the semis and finals of this era......back in the 90s reaching those stages was far more difficult......fed's main competition of roddick, hewitt, safin is nowhere comparable to either 90s or '2007 - present'......
I Agree.. Competition ( at the top anyways) picked up big time in 2008 ( The time the fards were already claiming Fed was too old at 27 years of age and 4 years on top) where Nadal finally matured and became an all surface threat compared to where he was the 4 years prior.. And then Djokovic finally matures by 2011, improves his fitness, and mental attributes, thus giving us what we have today. A 10 times better more quality top field then we had from the 04-07 mug vacuum consisting of clowns, mugs or broken down old fogies
SetSampras is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #274
country flag rickcastle

rickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond reputerickcastle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SetSampras View Post
I Agree.. Competition ( at the top anyways) picked up big time in 2008 ( The time the fards were already claiming Fed was too old at 27 years of age and 4 years on top) where Nadal finally matured and became an all surface threat compared to where he was the 4 years prior.. And then Djokovic finally matures by 2011, improves his fitness, and mental attributes, thus giving us what we have today. A 10 times better more quality top field then we had from the 04-07 mug vacuum consisting of clowns, mugs or broken down old fogies
SetSampras maybe you can take your theories to the ATP and maybe they'll change the record books for you. If you have enough real proof of this tougher competition business, I'm sure they'll listen to you
rickcastle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #275
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fed from 2005 or 2006 would likely have won 3 Slams in 2011 and then you would say 2011 was weak.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:37 PM   #276
country flag Start da Game
Banned!

Start da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond reputeStart da Game has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
yup it's great at the top now......having followed amazing players lik sampras, agassi, edberg, becker right through my childhood, i just couldn't bear watching weak one dimensional players like roddick, hewitt, headcases like safin, flukes like johansson, utterly clownish blake, ljubicic, robredo entering top 10 and even top 5 and making a total mockery of this wonderful sport......
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:39 PM   #277
country flag SetSampras

SetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond reputeSetSampras has a reputation beyond repute

Double post

Old 12-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #278
country flag SetSampras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
Fed from 2005 or 2006 would likely have won 3 Slams in 2011 and then you would say 2011 was weak.
ROFL.. He was sturggling with diaper rash baby Nadal and lost to him when was 17 on hardcourts when Fed was at his peak.. What makes you think Fed is so easily going to be a prime-all surface Nadal? Fed win 3 slams in '11.. ROFL.. 05-06 Fed loses to Nole at the AO ('11 Nole is completely dominant in Australian.. Much better then Davydenko or Baghaditis, 2011 Nole is like 05 Safin but only better at the Australian) , he loses to Nadal at the French, Nadal didn't play peak 08 form at Wimbledon this year, but due to the matchup issue he still probably beat 05-06 Fed ( this ain't baby Nadal this year like 06 Nadal), So that leaves the USO where Fed might win but who knows. He beats Nole, but whats he got in the tank for Nadal in the finals?

Last edited by SetSampras : 12-01-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:46 PM   #279
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ROFL.. He was sturggling with diaper rash baby Nadal and lost to him when was 17 on hardcourts when Fed was at his peak.. What makes you think Fed is so easily going to be a prime-all surface Nadal? Fed win 3 slams in '11.. ROFL.. 05-06 Fed loses to Nole at the AO, he loses to Nadal at the French, Nadal didn't play peak 08 form at Wimbledon this year, but due to the matchup issue he still probably beat 05-06 Fed ( this ain't baby Nadal this year like 06 Nadal), So that leaves the USO
PeakFed would be nr. 1 seed. Djoker may would have take Nadal out before the final. Fed was on par with Nole this year when they met. Peak Fed would have beaten him an Tsonga etc at the Slams. Nadal was better in earlier years then 2011. PeakFed would have beaten this Nadal Wimbledon for sure. So overall 3 Slams seems reasonable to me.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 05:55 PM   #280
country flag Mateya
Mateja Atptourova

Mateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond reputeMateya has a reputation beyond repute

Mateya's FAQ: Yes, I'm a girl. Profile pic is me. I watch and play tennis since 13 (1997). I don't play ITFs anymore, I have a job now. MTF-> uncovering my naughty side since 2007.
http://www4.slikomat.com/13/1210/88t-Mateja.jpg
Slovenia's finest: Grega Žemlja, Aljaž Bedene, Blaž Kavčič; Anže Kopitar, TINA MAZE, Melanija Trump, Mateja *********.
SLOVENIA - small but extremely dangerous.
Umag > Roland Garros
WTA tour
Nothing in life is NID.
Mateya is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 PM   #281
country flag eduggs

eduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
When legends like Hewitt, Kuerten, Safin, Kafelnikov, Ferrero, Grosjean, Moya, and Haas showed up and matured between 1999 and 2001, and became threats on all surfaces, Sampras could no longer handle the competition and they started to beat him regularly and surpassed him in the rankings. Even in his prime he would have been outclassed by this new generation, which ushered in the strongest tennis era in history.
eduggs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #282
country flag SetSampras

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduggs View Post
When legends like Hewitt, Kuerten, Safin, Kafelnikov, Ferrero, Grosjean, Moya, and Haas showed up and matured between 1999 and 2001, and became threats on all surfaces, Sampras could no longer handle the competition and they started to beat him regularly and surpassed him in the rankings. Even in his prime he would have been outclassed by this new generation, which ushered in the strongest tennis era in history.
What??? Obviously by 30 years of age, other guys eventually surpass you, especially when you have been on top for 6 years.. I never claimed Fed should have a some damn perfect record at 30 years old either.. But Pete goes out beating his main rival to end his career.. Wodgie has yet to beat his main rival ( who has similiar mileage) in 4 YEARS.. And people were already playing the age cards by 26-27 years old with Roger.

Give me a damn break... Sampras beat Kafelnkov PLENTY OF TIMES, he barely played Kuerten, he beat Moya at the AO.. Fucking Grosjean or Ferrero? Are u serious? What have they ever done? And he PISSED on the defending champ at Safin at the USO in 2001.. Remember that? And thats another thing.. No one seems to talk about that 01 match between Safin and Pete.. The match where Pete took a big dump on Safin.. They only seem to talk about the 2000 match.. Selective history cherry picking from the fards of course
Old 12-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #283
country flag eduggs

eduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond reputeeduggs has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What??? Obviously by 30 years of age, other guys eventually surpass you, especially when you have been on top for 6 years.. I never claimed Fed should have a some damn perfect record at 30 years old either.. But Pete goes out beating his main rival to end his career.. Wodgie has yet to beat his main rival ( who has similiar mileage) in 4 YEARS.. And people were already playing the age cards by 26-27 years old with Roger.

Give me a damn break... Sampras beat Kafelnkov PLENTY OF TIMES, he barely played Kuerten, he beat Moya at the AO.. Fucking Grosjean or Ferrero? Are u serious? What have they ever done? And he PISSED on the defending champ at Safin at the USO in 2001.. Remember that? And thats another thing.. No one seems to talk about that 01 match between Safin and Pete.. The match where Pete took a big dump on Safin.. They only seem to talk about the 2000 match.. Selective history cherry picking from the fards of course
No you give me a break. You are out of your fcking mind. I'm a Sampras tard. And I'm telling you straight. You are the cherry picker. Smack yourself in the face and wake the fck up.

Sampras dominated Agassi because he had a natural advantage. Agassi couldn't serve and fast courts of the era suited Sampras. When new rivals emerged, Sampras collapsed. But tennis is not about beating your top rival... it is about beating everybody and winning tournaments. Sampras was vulnerable to everybody. Federer dominated everybody.

Against his original rivals - Hewitt, Safin, Ferrero, Roddick (all slam winners and #1s), Federer dominated and continues to dominate. Nadal is not an original rival, so the comparison with Agassi is unfair. And in this case, Nadal has the natural advantage. Nonetheless, Federer continues to defeat most of the field and compete with the elite. And he just destroyed Nadal. He has not collapsed when younger generations emerged like Sampras did.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #284
country flag SetSampras

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduggs View Post
No you give me a break. You are out of your fcking mind. I'm a Sampras tard. And I'm telling you straight. You are the cherry picker. Smack yourself in the face and wake the fck up.

Sampras dominated Agassi because he had a natural advantage. Agassi couldn't serve and fast courts of the era suited Sampras. When new rivals emerged, Sampras collapsed. But tennis is not about beating your top rival... it is about beating everybody and winning tournaments. Sampras was vulnerable to everybody. Federer dominated everybody.

Against his original rivals - Hewitt, Safin, Ferrero, Roddick (all slam winners and #1s), Federer dominated and continues to dominate. Nadal is not an original rival, so the comparison with Agassi is unfair. And in this case, Nadal has the natural advantage. Nonetheless, Federer continues to defeat most of the field and compete with the elite. And he just destroyed Nadal. He has not collapsed when younger generations emerged like Sampras did.
I'm as down to earth as can be.. You are the one out of your mind. If "collapsing" is finishing your career with a USO title over your MAIN RIVAL then I dunno what to tell you. You aren't a Sampras tard. If you were a TRUE Stard, you wouldn't be defending the Fards to this degree, you would put everything into context and rebut their claims. Pete didn't collapse from these mugs.. He collapsed ( As in not winning slams for a year, same thing Fed is doing right Now) due to re-occuring injuries like a torn hip flexor ( which cost him the USO 99 title), torn rotator cuff ( AO 2000 vs. Andre) and his blood disorder messing him up at the USO after that wicked draw he had that year against Andre, Safin, and Rafter ( I would like to see Fed get through that).. etc.

And Fed ain't dominating.. Get off that.. He hasn't won JACK in almost 2 years as far as slams go.

Fed's wins have only came at the end of the year when his rivals are either:

A: Injured
B: Burned out
C: Don't care after the USO.
D: Showing up for a few extra buckks

Whats he done throughout the year when everyone is healthy and gives a hoot
Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 PM   #285
country flag eduggs

Quote:
I'm as down to earth as can be.. You are the one out of your mind. If "collapsing" is finishing your career with a USO title over your MAIN RIVAL then I dunno what to tell you. You aren't a Sampras tard. If you were a TRUE Stard, you wouldn't be defending the Fards to this degree, you would put everything into context and rebut their claims. Pete didn't collapse from these mugs.. He collapsed ( As in not winning slams for a year, same thing Fed is doing right Now) due to re-occuring injuries like a torn hip flexor ( which cost him the USO 99 title), torn rotator cuff ( AO 2000 vs. Andre) and his blood disorder messing him up at the USO after that wicked draw he had that year against Andre, Safin, and Rafter ( I would like to see Fed get through that).. etc.

And Fed ain't dominating.. Get off that.. He hasn't won JACK in almost 2 years as far as slams go.

Fed's wins have only came at the end of the year when his rivals are either:

A: Injured
B: Burned out
C: Don't care after the USO.
D: Showing up for a few extra buckks

Whats he done throughout the year when everyone is healthy and gives a hoot
Sampras was not competitive at the end of his career apart from his magical US Open run in 2002. He was outplayed by several new rivals. Federer is still highly competitive with the best of the best. Especially at the slams. He ended Djokovic's winning streak at the French and then went toe to toe with Nadal. He had match points against Djokovic at the US Open and played him even for points at the Australian.

My idols were Edberg until he retired in the mid-90s, then Sampras until he retired in 2002, and then Federer thereafter.