Good luck at RG Ernests! (With the worst Main Draw ever made!) :o:(:( - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #61
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: European Clay Court Season Cheering Thread!

Well, he sure likes living on the edge. Arguing with the umpire, even if you're right, it's not going to help. He's done that before, same outcome. Ernie, you boy...

On to the next tournament and waiting for the doubles here.

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

Alive with music, haunting my soul Love you more.

we are the same ♥
rafaelita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #62
country flag TravelingFanGirl

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

I have a lot of mixed feelings about this match so bare with me a few minutes. First I just want to say that Ernests' game seems to be getting back in form! He is playing a lot better than he has been from earlier this year! I think we are finally going in the right direction. Obviously today's biggest problems were mental. Although I find it incredibly sexy/amusing when he kicks off at an umpire, I wish it wouldn't affect him so much. He needs to be able to bring his focus back and relax right away after something like that happens. I don't blame him for being upset, and the warning on top of that just fueled the fire but he does need to find some way to relax himself. That has been a factor his whole career!
It was clear Ernests could have won that match. Milos played well but Ernests was much stronger! The most beautiful part of the match was when Ernests fought and brought it to 5-all in the second set! That was an amazing game! The commentator joked that "And all of a sudden Ernests learned how to play tennis", although I thought that was rude it had some truth in it. Ernests was so patient that game, which can be rare for him.
Overall, I'm sad about Ernests lack of control & I'm sad we didn't get another pilot interview but I'm happy his game seems to be improving. I'm also really glad I got to see him on TV! Win or loose he always makes me feel great! Smile on my face the whole time! I look forward to his next tournament!
Also the commentators talked about his coaching for a long time. They kept saying how great Hernan was for him and how Ernests is starting to mature under his teaching but they wondered why Ernests was working with multiple coaches. It was clear they didn't understand his situation either. I hope we can get that sorted out soon. It really is driving me crazy!
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
TravelingFanGirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:12 PM   #63

TravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond reputeTravelingFanGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze View Post
I said i will be sad, but i´m pissed at the stupid umpire. I know Ernests needs to learn to hold it together at such moments, but she just stole the game from him
I didn't like her either! I felt like she got picky with Ernests after he yelled at her, which wasn't right. Like I said, she was adding fuel to the fire.
#ToNameAFew

Tennis rackets & Ernests Gulbis go together like Redshirts & Star Trek. #expendable
ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 04-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #64
country flag rafaelita

rafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond reputerafaelita has a reputation beyond repute

On a brighter note, "Gulbis" is trending now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gulbis trending1.jpg (172.9 KB, 35 views)

I am very happy to be alive. There is much fun to be had. Music, movies, books, paintings, drawings... I hope you have these things where you are. If you have them, what does the real world matter anyway? JF - Letter for Children Of The Future

we are the same ♥
Old 04-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #65
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

I agree totally that he played much better and with more confidence than the last couple of months, so I hope we have good times to look forward to
eze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaelita View Post
On a brighter note, "Gulbis" is trending now
Wish it was for a better reason tho

BTW- I'm really loving the positive energy in here right now
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 04-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #67
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I have different feelings but I'm gonna spare them. I've been on msn with Courtney discussing the match,and the words will stay there

Sorry I dont feel quite as positive Not right now,this minute anyway

I do think he hit some very nice shots today though!

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #68
country flag CelinaCarpina

CelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond repute

I agreeeeeee 100% Courtney! I'm not bummed at all about this match, well maybe just a little. But overall, wow, his game looked soo good, many times in that match. His form is almost completely back. Yes he mentally lost this match but he will eventually overcome that in the future. I missed seeing both his brilliance and craziness so much! And I'll have to be honest the comment about there being no pilot interview probably bums me out the most! xD So yeah, we still got Team Crazy to cheer for girls! Then after that can wait to see how he progresses even more on the coming tournaments.
P.s. I'm so tired of all the insults about Ernests on twitter and everywhere else. E is only human after all.

"Gulbis is a beautiful player with a beautiful game. Such a rarity on the ATP tour.
"
DIMITROV GULBIS LEJNIEKS RAONIC MURRAY TOMIC FEDERER * IVANOVIC SHARAPOVA ROBSON AZARENKA CLIJSTERS
xoxoitscelinacarpina.tumblr.com
TeamGrisho.tumblr.com
hellyeahbernietomic.tumblr.com

Last edited by CelinaCarpina : 04-12-2011 at 04:32 PM.
CelinaCarpina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #69
country flag rafaelita

Quote:
Originally Posted by but-it's-ok View Post
I have different feelings but I'm gonna spare them. I've been on msn with Courtney discussing the match,and the words will stay there

Sorry I dont feel quite as positive Not right now,this minute anyway
Di, these moments are going to happen again eventually, hopefully they'll be fewer in time. So we might as well keep positive and try to move on, the truth is he played much better. If only he'd give up "chatting" and decide to not get mad but get even, sort of speak, you know? I for one I'm happy I saw him on clay, I missed him sliding and throwing drop-shots and all that.

Hope you'll feel better soon

we are the same ♥
Old 04-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelinaCarpina View Post
I agreeeeeee 100% Courtney! I'm not bummed at all about this match, well maybe just a little. But overall, wow, his game looked soo good, many times in that match. His form is almost completely back. Yes he mentally lost this match but he will eventually overcome that in the future. I missed seeing both his brilliance and craziness so much! And I'll have to be honest the comment about there being no pilot interview probably bums me out the most! xD So yeah, we still got Team Crazy to cheer for girls! Then after that can wait to see how he progresses even more on the coming tournaments.
P.s. I'm so tired of all the insults about Ernests on twitter. E is only human after all.
I KNOW! I was mostly sad because we wouldn't get a pilot interview & he is always so wonderful in those! And we need a new interview!

Although his maturity has been a problem over the years, people need to realize that he just started to mature last year. Before that he wasn't as focused on it. It will take a long time for him to be able to control his mental strength and we can't expect him to mature as fast as other players because he is completely different! He has come a long way though and I do believe he can overcome the obstacles he places for himself.
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #71
country flag ImmzB

ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute

Next tournament Rome, kind of surprised he isn't playing Barcelona.

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]

- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #72
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelinaCarpina View Post
P.s. I'm so tired of all the insults about Ernests on twitter and everywhere else. E is only human after all.
You get used to it eventually. Just think that if it wouldn't change your opinion anyway, you might aswell ignore it right away Blink your eyes and erase.
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #73

I got off of twitter quickly when I started seeing them. I hate it as well but it is predictable.
#ToNameAFew

ask.fm/FangirlCourtney
Old 04-12-2011, 04:41 PM   #74
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to add this:- when I see Ernests getting angry and upset,I dont really think so badly of him,frustrated yes of course.

He reminds me of me when I went off the rails,got so upset and angry,and consumed so much energy. So I have an emotional connection,and it hurts me inside,but believe me I hope he can recognise one day that being angry and upset in an important situation does more harm than good,and really does sap your energy mentally and physically,believe me I speak from experience.

If he can handle situations that are stressful in a more positive way then I think he will progress as a player and a person,there was nothing wrong with his game today,other than fragility on serve.

Thanks for understanding my point of view!

EDIT:- The social networking sites are breeding grounds for unhelpful,unnecessary hate,its very regrettable,and believe me I wont be reading them.

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 04:43 PM   #75
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmzB View Post
Next tournament Rome, kind of surprised he isn't playing Barcelona.
Madrid first
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote