Glide on Terre Battue to victory, clay season 2011 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #61
country flag darkboy

darkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Glide on Terra Battu to victory, clay season 2011

Early break ALLEZ! 2-0

RAFAEL NADAL TOMAS BERDYCH
darkboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 03:23 PM   #62
country flag darkboy

darkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond repute

NOO

Starace is one break up *4-3.

Allez Gillou!

Old 04-08-2011, 05:41 PM   #63
country flag darkboy

Nobody is around?

Gilles lost

6-4 3-6 6-4

Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #64
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh dear, that was a poor finish. I saw from when Gilles was 4-2 up in the third with three break points, I feel like such a jinx Gilles seemed to give up in the last game, that sucks, it was there for the taking.

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 05:47 PM   #65
country flag darkboy

It was a giveaway from Gillou :/
It's strange cause usually he is a strong fighter. How can he lose from 4-2 40-0* in the final set? :/

Old 04-08-2011, 05:50 PM   #66
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know, I don't think it was an injury, just lost his head a bit I think, you could tell he was getting frustrated.

Old 04-08-2011, 05:54 PM   #67
country flag darkboy

I think so too.

The important thing is to have better luck for the next weeks.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:12 PM   #68
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

He tanked the last game , I so want to kick his butt (where can I go find a kick butt smilie). He just rushed 4 pts and made 4 UEs . He better has some damn good reasons like he's cramping or something, cos there's really no excuse to gave it away, it was still on serve and Starace didn't do anything to pressure him. It's like he had enough and just want to get off the court. Srsly, this sucks, Gilles. You just better do well in Monte Carlo, or else ...

I'm trying to think back, but it just seems to me that he always has this kind of losses on clay: this match, that DC match and last year's match against Nieminen, all losses when he was in a favorable winning position. Or is it just me trying to blame it on clay? but I can't really think of any losses on other surfaces, not recently anyway.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #69
country flag Silver.

I did notice he was stretching his leg at one of the changeovers late on? Like, crossing his left ankle on his right thigh and pushing on his knee cramp perhaps? Not sure..

Old 04-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #70
country flag darkboy

Really? I only hope it's not the serious knee problem...
That tournament wasn't something important anyway, what's important is to do well in MC, Rome, Madrid and RG.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #71
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver. View Post
I did notice he was stretching his leg at one of the changeovers late on? Like, crossing his left ankle on his right thigh and pushing on his knee cramp perhaps? Not sure..
Yes, I noticed that too, that's why I mentioned cramp. He was stretching the right leg during changeover, and he seems to have trouble with the leg during one of the last point. Doesn't seem to be the knee though. And by the look of it, it's not serious, it just seems he's annoyed, not hurt. He really looked like he just rushed things to get off court. It's not that he was nervous and couldn't close out. He just had no patient and rushed thru the last game. And what's more annoying is that Starace had looked like he couldn't bother either, so or the more nonsense that Gilles just gave the break to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy View Post
That tournament wasn't something important anyway, what's important is to do well in MC, Rome, Madrid and RG.
The tournament is not important. But i think every win on clay will help his confidence. Last year, he said he was bothered by the loss to Nieminen on clay more so than any other losses. Loss like this one surely won't help things out.

I'm not too concern about the leg/knee, it feels like he's maybe a bit tired mentally though, he played nonstop since Rotterdam, eventhough he had breaks in between tournaments like Mia and IW. Still, it's hard to relax when there isn't a scheduled week off. He finally has a scheduled break after MC, so I hope he can re-focus and do well to close out this stretch. But first, let's hope for a good draw.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:06 PM   #72
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Aw Gilles Was looking forward to watching some tennis tomorrow

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 08:17 PM   #73
country flag lalaland

BTW, Les, I recorded the stream today if you are still interested. I actually told my boss that I had to come in late so that I can tape the whole match, it seemed like a good idea then when he won the 2nd set . So it's more annoying to me that he lost.

Anyway, I'll put it up later in case if anyone still wants to see and torture him/herself . It's not english again, the english stream had audio problem so I stick with the foreign language one.
Old 04-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #74
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Yes please Lala

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:54 AM   #75
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute