« Ricardo Mello Cheering Thread » - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-04-2005, 10:01 AM   #31
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: « Ricardo Mello Cheering Thread »

Ricardo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #32
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFurryAnimal
Thanks Tytta, great article!
You're welcome

Quote:
Too bad our 'featherly friend' lost...

Quote:
Maybe the explanation for his nickname is like this: his friends call him parrot just to emphasize the difference between him and the bird. The bird being that loud, and him being so quiet and all. Maybe they want him to be a little bit more like the parrot???
Well that's a good explanation... That might be the reason!
Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:22 AM   #33
country flag SuperFurryAnimal

SuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Who knows...

Anyway, I am glad this thread is finally noticed by some people!
Good luck Ricardo at the next tournament!

Member of the Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society

Visit AZ FANPAGE
SuperFurryAnimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 11:32 AM   #34
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah we gotta make it bigger and bigger and bring Ricardo fans to talk in here!
Old 02-04-2005, 04:22 PM   #35
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Mello out at Millennium Championships

By Michael Russo
Staff Writer

DELRAY BEACH -- On Sunday, a new champion will be crowned at the Millennium International Tennis Championships.

That was assured Thursday when defending champion Ricardo Mello was ousted in straight sets and two-time ITC champion Jan-Michael Gambill was beaten in three sets in the second round at the Delray Beach Tennis Center.

"Losing a match is never fun, especially here where I have played well," said Mello, who lost to South African Wesley Moodie 6-4, 6-4. "There are some expectations to do well again. But Moodie was too good for me today."

Gambill, the all-time winningest player at the ITC (14-4), was knocked out by Dutchman Peter Wessels 6-4, 6-7 (5), 6-3. After winning the second-set tiebreaker, Gambill struggled in the third set and eventually handed Wessels a gift -- a break of his serve via a double fault to give Wessels a 5-3 lead.

"It wasn't until the five-minute warmup when I learned [Gambill] won this tournament twice," said Wessels, 26, who made it to the ITC semifinals four years ago. "I said, `Oh, this might be even more difficult than I thought.' But he didn't play his best game. He missed a lot of easy balls and had some double faults."

While none of the eight quarterfinalists has won the ITC, the top three seeds are still alive and will play today -- 21st-ranked Vince Spadea, No. 28 Jiri Novak and No. 46 Xavier Malisse.

The top-seeded Spadea, who won Wednesday and will face Kevin Kim at 7 tonight, is playing in his eighth ITC after losing in the final to Mello in September. Malisse, the No. 3 seed, won Wednesday and will play Ramon Delgado tonight. Malisse has lost in the ITC final twice -- to Gambill in 2001 and to Lleyton Hewitt in 1999.

Novak, the No. 2 seed and winner of seven ATP titles -- including two in October -- is playing in his first ITC. Thursday, the No. 1 player from the Czech Republic for six consecutive years easily handled Philipp Kohlschreiber, who was coming off a fourth-round appearance in the Australian Open, 6-2, 6-1.

"I'm playing the best tennis of my life," said Novak, who reached No. 5 in the world in 2002.

Novak will play Kenneth Carlsen of Denmark at 5. Carlsen defeated Brian Vahaly 2-6, 7-6 (5), 6-3.

"I came out poorly, but I was able to crawl my way back into the match," Carlsen said.

In their only previous meeting in 1997, Carlsen beat Novak in straight sets in New Zealand.

In Mello's match, he led 2-1 in the first set with two break points on Moodie's serve. But Moodie rallied to win the game and will face Wessels today at 2. In a 2003 Futures match in Glasgow, Moodie beat Wessels in three sets.

Three hours after his loss, Mello was back alongside Moodie as doubles partners, and they were beaten 3-6, 6-7 (4) by Rick Leach and Brian MacPhie in the quarterfinals.

"It was weird to be beside the guy [in the doubles match] who you just lost to [in the singles match]," Mello said.

Michael Russo can be reached at mrusso@sun-sentinel.com
Old 02-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #36
country flag smucav

smucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond reputesmucav has a reputation beyond repute

Nice story (written before the loss obviously):

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/s...orts-headlines

Quote:
MILLENNIUM INTERNATIONAL TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS
Friends become foes
Doubles duo square off in singles today

By Michael Russo
Staff Writer
February 3, 2005

DELRAY BEACH · South African Wesley Moodie had two tasks Wednesday: competing against Kevin Kim and Tripp Phillips while scouting his doubles partner, Ricardo Mello.

Moodie and Mello will go from allies to adversaries today when they meet in a second-round singles match at the Millennium International Tennis Championships at the Delray Beach Tennis Center.

"I was trying to take notes on how he was playing," Moodie said after he and Mello ousted Kim and Phillips in a 2-hour, 18-minute thriller 4-6, 7-6 (7), 7-6 (5). "[Mello] won this tournament last year [singles], so he obviously likes the surface."

Asked what he learned about Mello's game, Wesley, who has never played Mello, quipped, "I have to keep that confidential."

As partners, Wesley, 25, and Mello, 24, looked like the Odd Couple.

Wesley is a 6-foot-5, 200-pound right-hander. Mello, from Brazil, is a 5-9, 146-pound lefty. In the second set, the tandem saved match point twice in the tiebreaker, fighting off one while receiving. It was high drama, and as word circulated around the facility, fans left the Vince Spadea-Teimuraz Gabashvili match on the stadium court to hurry over to Court 1. The stands filled, and barricades were lined with standing patrons.

"When we started off, there were not so many people, but toward the end, there were quite a few enjoying the tennis," Moodie said.

Added Mello, "It was a match won on small details. One point here and there is what made the difference."

Mello picked up a lot about Moodie's game, saying, "I know he has a big serve, and I'm going to attack him as much as I can and try to keep the points short."

After Mello and Moodie battle each other at noon today, the two will become partners again for a 5 p.m. doubles quarterfinals match against Rick Leach and Brian MacPhie.

"Hopefully we have a friendly [singles] match," Moodie joked.

Copyright © 2005, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
smucav is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 09:00 PM   #37
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck in next tournament.

Keep my fingers crossed that he won't blinked out like Sa and Saretta.
Lee is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:01 AM   #38
country flag SuperFurryAnimal

SuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lee!
I already knew you had a good nose for picking out your favourit players!

Member of the Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society

Visit AZ FANPAGE
SuperFurryAnimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 03:20 AM   #39
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Lee!
I already knew you had a good nose for picking out your favourit players!
My nose is very sensitive towards Brazilians and Germans

My new pick is Thiago Alves of Brazil. And I'm very fond of Waske now.
Old 02-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #40
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

When Ricardo will play again?

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 01:08 PM   #41
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Brasil Open
Old 02-14-2005, 12:51 AM   #42
country flag khyber

khyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond reputekhyber has a reputation beyond repute

Go Papagayo in Brasil.!!! By the way, this pairing is listed on the website:

Henrique Mello (BRA)/Ricardo Mello (BRA) vs. Mariusz Fyrstenberg (POL)/Marcin Matkowski (POL)

Is that his brother? Younger/Older, what type of player??
khyber is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 01:08 AM   #43
country flag Tytta!.
(:

So Ricardo got Gaudio's place in the draw and will face Montañes first
Old 02-14-2005, 10:49 PM   #44
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, Ricardo!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 03:32 AM   #45
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

And he's the #1 Brazilian. I am sad that Guga lost his #1 ranking in Brazil but for Mello