Chair Umpire App? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-27-2011, 02:01 PM   #1
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Chair Umpire App?

Wouldn't it be nice if someone with programming skills created a chair umpire app for Android and iPhone that you could use if you are officiating a tennis match or just want to calculate statistics when you and your friend are playing? I know that there already exist some apps on Android Market and App Store but they are poor.

I think it would be useful for both coaches and players if you were able to – after each point – put in winners, UEs, second serves and so on, so that the app after the match could calculate first serve % and other helpful statistics for your game.

What do you think? And could someone create it (I can't)?
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
country flag abollo
Tennis Player

abollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond reputeabollo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chair Umpire App?

There's a very nice two apps I had for IPhone
One is called Tennis Stats
Here are some pics

And the other one is called Tennis Trakker Pro

The first one is like giving you the stats of serve and return and total points just like ATP SB, but the second ones is more about strokes (winners, unforced errors, e.t.c, also BH and FH)
Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #3
country flag SweTennis

SweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond reputeSweTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you very much! And btw, I just saw an app for Android too, http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...-math_klx.html, I think it works similarly.
Old 04-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #4
country flag shuhrat

shuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond reputeshuhrat has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.espnstar.com/videos/item607830/
This is how it looks like
shuhrat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
country flag Remote Score

Remote Score is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

Here a new approach to the umpire app.

It began as a game for my sons and has become an Android Phone Umpire App

The new approach is: The app is used by players on court, for non umpire matches!!!

The score is called by phone in English, Spanish or French, and with a speaker connected to the earphone output, players and spectators can ear the score. A battery powered 10w speaker is enough for tennis.

The score is remotely operated by players on court with some of standard headset profile Bluetooth devices.

It works and I believe in the idea!

You can take a look here: TENNIS REMOTE SCORE

I need suggestions and bug reporting, specially language mistakes in English or French, to improve the app.

Thanks a lot!

My tennis app for Android: Tennis Remote Score

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id.remotescore

Remote Score is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #6
country flag protestov.tt

protestov.tt is on a distinguished road

Hello guys, I want to introduce you one more Android App: Chair Umpire (tennis score). Mainly it was created for myself to make referring easier.
It's very simple application, and was designed to provide referee with maximum information about the match (score, serving box, sides, serving order, proper score announcement) in a simple way and to be controlled in a simple way in order to prevent referee confusing during the match

here is some pics to deliver main idea:

Ivanov wins a point, so umpire clicks his name on the left of court image or on his row in score table and display gets a new view:

It can be downloaded here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.my.tennis

(or put "chair umpire" in find field on play market")

it's my first android app , it's absolutelly free , if you want to change smth , you can get sources here: https://github.com/supports2004/Chair_Umpire/

if you have any remarks or suggestions, you are welcome!

Last edited by protestov.tt : 11-13-2013 at 11:32 AM. Reason: additions
protestov.tt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #7
country flag Chilenaitor

Chilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond reputeChilenaitor has a reputation beyond repute

Not in appstore?

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
Chilenaitor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote