Tennis Tipping #15b - Athens - Congratulations jazar and AdeyC/BrunoBeidacki - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2011, 10:23 PM   #241
country flag Belludal

Belludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond reputeBelludal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #15b - Athens - Sunday differences posted

I don't know the rules about a walkover. In my opinion the players that are on advantage would be the Champions but i think that there is a rule.

On this rule would talk about that the matches by WO count or don't count. If don't count Jazar and AdeyC/BrunoBeidacki are the Champions and if count GlennMirnyi and Rod3138/Fedex01 are the Champions.

Share the title and points is possible but i think that isn't the best opition.
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #242
country flag BrunoBeidacki

BrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond repute

Because he didn't retire, he withdraw.

Tennis Tipping Results:
Win: BEIJING (Singles)
PARIS (Doubles w/AdeyC), 4 CHALLENGERS in Doubles
RUNNER-UP: ROLAND GARROS 2012 (Doubles w/AdeyC)
-
CLEZAR
JANOWICZ
BrunoBeidacki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #243
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Awful rule this one.

A w/o is a win nonetheless.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #244
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Just saw that as well.

That means I win, right?
Sorry, you are wrong. Retirements count for TT, but walkovers do not. The players need to play at least one point for the match to count for TT
Old 04-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #245
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenoldie View Post
Sorry, you are wrong. Retirements count for TT, but walkovers do not. The players need to play at least one point for the match to count for TT
Well that's not how it should be, that's for sure.

Bachinger won the tournament and won the points. I pick him and I should win just like he did.

If you put 3 blind monkeys with a 486 PC they do a better job than the TT board.

Congrats to jazar, though. He surely deserves the title - guy knows a lot about tennis.
Old 04-17-2011, 11:28 PM   #246

BrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond reputeBrunoBeidacki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well that's not how it should be, that's for sure.

Bachinger won the tournament and won the points. I pick him and I should win just like he did.

If you put 3 blind monkeys with a 486 PC they do a better job than the TT board.

Congrats to jazar, though. He surely deserves the title - guy knows a lot about tennis.
You know that you're wrong. You are only saying that because you lost. Tennis Tipping is a knowledge game. We need pick correct by knowledge, intuiton, emotion and statistics. If a player doesn't play the match, what right pick you did? Did you know that he would withdraw? Sorry, but this is not the deal of the game.

Tennis Tipping Results:
-
CLEZAR
JANOWICZ
Old 04-17-2011, 11:35 PM   #247
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoBeidacki View Post
You know that you're wrong. You are only saying that because you lost. Tennis Tipping is a knowledge game. We need pick correct by knowledge, intuiton, emotion and statistics. If a player doesn't play the match, what right pick you did? Did you know that he would withdraw? Sorry, but this is not the deal of the game.
This game isn't about fairness.

It's about picking the winners.

And last time I checked, Bachinger was the winner of the tournament (and the match, consequently).
Old 04-18-2011, 05:35 AM   #248
country flag AdeyC
Banned!

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And last time I checked, Bachinger was the winner of the tournament (and the match, consequently).
But the match didn't take place - were it a first round match and one of 6 in the OOP it would be discounted. In this case I would assume that as not one point would be played that it goes back to day 1 of the final???
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 07:15 AM   #249
country flag Goldenoldie

Goldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond reputeGoldenoldie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

That is a truly disgraceful comment.

You are at liberty to criticize the rules if you think they can be improved, but don't make personal attacks on the people who try to implement them. That will get you nowhere.

Every player has the opportunity each December to suggest rule changes. Why not do so?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:53 AM   #250
country flag Goldenoldie

congratulations to jazar and AdeyC/BrunoBeidacki and sympathy for GlennMirnyi and Rod3138/Fedex01

Thanks to evceryone for playing and especially for respecting the early deadlines.

My next tournaments are Ostrava and Rome 2, and I hope to see some of you there.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #251
country flag jazar

jazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond reputejazar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks. It's a shame the final had to end the way it did. Really it's all Tursunov's fault; Next time I see him I'll tell him how inconsiderate he was .
jazar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:20 AM   #252
country flag AdeyC
Banned!

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Tipping #15b - Athens - Congratulations jazar and AdeyC/BrunoBeidacki

Sorry Rod3138/Fedex01

and thanks to BrunoBeidacki whose picks on Saturday won us the title in our first doubles event together
AdeyC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #253

Default Re: Tennis Tipping #15b - Athens - Congratulations jazar and AdeyC/BrunoBeidacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Sorry Rod3138/Fedex01

and thanks to BrunoBeidacki whose picks on Saturday won us the title in our first doubles event together
HAHA, we both played very well this week. I made a great pick in Bachinger and i was lucky too

Congrats, and let's win Santos CH now.

Tennis Tipping Results:
-
CLEZAR
JANOWICZ