Tennis Australia General Discussion - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tennis Australia General Discussion

I am completely over this Tennis Australia bias and complete shambles.

Hewitt has lost the last 2 sets to BERLOCQ 62 61 and Woodforde and Stolle are still raving about him.

Tomic comes on and they bring up John Tomic straight away and how it's a bad thing for him to be coach. Also used the words 'underachiever' and 'disappointment' to describe Tomic all in the first 5 minutes of air time.

Why do the Tennis Australia old boys club continue to try and alienate their own players (Tomic, Dokic, Philipoussis) with the general public?

Lettuce not forget that Tomic remains our best male player since Hewitt emerged over 15 years ago.... regardless of potential

NADAL - TURSUNOV - BOLELLI - NALBANDIAN - MATOSEVIC
HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Dmitry Verdasco is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #2
Dmitry Verdasco

Dmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond reputeDmitry Verdasco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Australia General Discussion

Tomic just played a drop shot, volley winner and they completely ignore it and talk about Gasquet....

If it were Hewitt, they'd be wanking.

HINGIS - DEMENTIEVA - DOKIC - KOURNIKOVA - PIERCE - GOLOVIN - RADWANSKA - BENCIC - BARTHEL

Old 05-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #3
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

What? Tomic has been playing laughable this match as he has been for a lot of the last 12 months. It's not about alienation, Tomic has brought this on himself. This just feels like you wanted to make a thread.
aussie_fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:10 PM   #4
Dmitry Verdasco

Tomic has been injured. Tomic has brought what on himself? His ranking yes - any criticism is someone else's doing.

For example, a TA fave Barty lost 2&1 to Cornet yesterday and Woodbridge continued to gush about her. Despite smiling and not really giving a shit and treating the match as a training session.

It's a double standard for the inner circle and the outer circle.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
country flag aussie_fan

aussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_fan has a reputation beyond repute

Tomic's attiude stinks, he simply does not care. He's going about so many things on and off the court so wrong that it's obvious why people are frustrated. Nothing to do with TA favouristism at all. Might as well call this the Dmitry Verdasco whinging thread. I have no idea how you can watch a Hewitt and match and then a Tomic match and look at their attiudes and go Tomic is being is being hard done by. What the fuck?

Woodbridge has been turning into a tool, can't disagree with that though
Old 05-27-2014, 02:07 PM   #6
Dmitry Verdasco

I know he doesn't put as much effort in most times, but it's his career.

Also, Hewitt resides in the Bahamas and doesn't even pay any tax back for all the development Tennis Australia has poured into him - including having his pals Guccione and Luczak being jetsetted around the globe as hitting partners and 'coaches' all on Tennis Australia's dollar. I know this for a fact!

And why do Stolle and Woodforde drag Tomic to the pits before he's even struck a ball? The just talked about his dad and his ban from the tour, and the Miami match. Not his talent. Not his good GS results. Just the bad stuff. It's like they want people not to like him.

They did the same with Dokic and Philippoussis.

Old 05-27-2014, 02:11 PM   #7
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

you better tell me, how did much Matosevic for Australia?

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:14 PM   #8
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, do you know what B-Nard gets up to in his spare time? It's certainly not training, that's for sure... Hewitt receives favourable treatment but mate he's earned it.. B-Nard needs to fix his attitude and commit to the sport and maybe we'll see TA respond..

TA as a whole has improved immensely from where they were a decade ago... Woodbridge is still a bit of douche, other players have forced his hand on a few things but they're heading in the right direction..

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #9
country flag ogre

ogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond reputeogre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post

Lettuce not forget that Tomic remains our best male player since Hewitt emerged over 15 years ago.... regardless of potential
If I look on ATP rankings for Australian players Tomic is now #4. On the race to London he is ranked #6.

But I agree it is like kicking someone when they are down. Tomic does have the raw tennis ability, and if he had found the raw ability to correctly apply himself he could have been great. There is already a feeling of what might have been rather than what could be and it is sad. Tomic's peak ranking was already 2 years ago now and it is not clear if he will again even get back to that ranking again or not.
ogre is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:23 PM   #10
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ausie View Post
you better tell me, how did much Matosevic for Australia?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Lol, do you know what B-Nard gets up to in his spare time? It's certainly not training, that's for sure... Hewitt receives favourable treatment but mate he's earned it.. B-Nard needs to fix his attitude and commit to the sport and maybe we'll see TA respond..

TA as a whole has improved immensely from where they were a decade ago... Woodbridge is still a bit of douche, other players have forced his hand on a few things but they're heading in the right direction..
Uh-oh here come the Hewittards.

Matosevic recieves no funding from Tennis Australia. None. Woodforde gets compensation to coach him but Marinko still has to pay 50% of his wage.

Hewitt has Tennis Australia paying everything for him, Luczak, Guccione, Bec and the kids. I'm surprised Glyn, Cheryl and Jaslyn aren't still along for the ride. Wonder why Guccione gets selected for Davis Cup over and over? Hewitt says so and he gets paid a fuckload of TA dollars for nothing!

Exactly what has Hewitt done for Australia? Kept us in zonals for Davis Cup for half a decade? He won 2 slams for himself. And if he did inspire any kid to try to play pro tennis, they all failed miserably in emulating him - probably because his game is so out of date he's losing to the likes of Berlocq despite being healthy for 12 months atleast.

Exactly how has Tennis Australia changed? Newcombe, the Woodies and Stolle continue to be delusional and say stupid things like 'he should come to the net more'... like, how out of touch are they with today's game? Molik as Fed Cup coach over Pratt? I mean, we'd kill for a few more Nicole Pratt's these days. Barty looks so unfit it isn't funny, stop rewarding her! My god, it's just madness!

Old 05-27-2014, 02:26 PM   #11
Dmitry Verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogre View Post
If I look on ATP rankings for Australian players Tomic is now #4. On the race to London he is ranked #6.

But I agree it is like kicking someone when they are down. Tomic does have the raw tennis ability, and if he had found the raw ability to correctly apply himself he could have been great. There is already a feeling of what might have been rather than what could be and it is sad. Tomic's peak ranking was already 2 years ago now and it is not clear if he will again even get back to that ranking again or not.
Yes, I'm saying he's achieved more than anyone since Hewitt on the ATP side.

More than Ebden, Luczak or Matosevic - despite current rankings

And better than Todd Reid, Brydan Klein, Ben Mitchell, Jason Kubler, Luke Saville - all players who came through the Tennis Australia system and not coached by their fathers! God forbid!

Old 05-27-2014, 02:33 PM   #12
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

You seem to have an unhealthy anti-Hewitt agenda mate. Love how you dodged everything about B-Nard as well.. And if you don't notice the changes within TA then I'm not going to try and explain them to you.. Yeah, the old guard are still there having a good time but things are on the up..

They're far from perfect, their treatment of Matosevic and Millman (in the past) has been poor but they are moving forwards rather than backwards at this stage. Gotta look at the positives.

And I'm sure if MM had been receiving regular funding you wouldn't be complaining lol. Not saying he doesn't deserve it because he does - works harder than the majority of the tour - but it's your hatred for Hewitt and love for MM that is clouding your judgement.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:42 PM   #13
country flag Ausie

Ausie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond reputeAusie has a reputation beyond repute

Verdasco, in your head porridge. Guccione 2nd Aussies double's in rankings.

Lleyton Hewitt

Gael Monfils - Aleksandr Dolgopolov - Juan Martin Del Potro - Nick Kyrgios - Jason Kubler - Serhiy Stakhovsky - Gianni Mina - Martin Klizan - Benjamin Mitchell - Borna Coric - Francis Tiafoe - Noah Rubin
Ausie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:46 PM   #14
country flag aussie_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Verdasco View Post
Also, Hewitt resides in the Bahamas and doesn't even pay any tax back for all the development Tennis Australia has poured into him - including having his pals Guccione and Luczak being jetsetted around the globe as hitting partners and 'coaches' all on Tennis Australia's dollar. I know this for a fact!
Think he's done a lot for tennis in Australia, that shouldn't be an issue. Plus, as we know by logic (which obviously you lack any) that he lives there as a base for his family but let that not get in the way of anti-Hewitt rant.

Please provide evidence when stating comments like too please.

I seriously do not understand what more Lleyton has to do get respect of some people. It fucking sickens to me to be honest. You may not like the guy and you have every right to that opinion. But to think he has nothing for Australia, is downright absurd. Plays every DC tie and gives it his all, has helped many of his counterparts with training such as before the Aus Open he has invited people to come over to train, the likes of Matosevic (your favourite) for example. He loves the game and has shown it time and time again.
Old 05-27-2014, 02:48 PM   #15
country flag aussie_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
but it's your hatred for Hewitt and love for MM that is clouding your judgement.
You know what makes it more absurd is that Matosevic and Hewitt have trained together heaps over the last years and have played some doubles together. I'm seen Hewitt at Marinko's matches and vise versa.