tips on moving my hitting zone forward - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-18-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
country flag ssonsk

ssonsk is on a distinguished road
Default tips on moving my hitting zone forward

Anyone have any tips on how I can move my hitting zone more forward? Right now I usually make contact with the ball right next to me, but I want to move it more in front of me. I primarily hit semi, but I go full western a lot.
ssonsk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
country flag out_here_grindin

out_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond reputeout_here_grindin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: tips on moving my hitting zone forward

Key your raquet prior to the bounce instead of on the bounce. This will give you the ability to swing earlier. It's really a matter of practicing it a ton, so that you get comfortable doing it.

Follow college tennis here.. (I am the user Clemson_tennis)
out_here_grindin is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 01:34 AM   #3
country flag ssonsk

ssonsk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by out_here_grindin View Post
Key your raquet prior to the bounce instead of on the bounce. This will give you the ability to swing earlier. It's really a matter of practicing it a ton, so that you get comfortable doing it.
so pretty much just swing ealier?
ssonsk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #4
country flag FMeier

FMeier is on a distinguished road

Another way would be to do shadow swings and stop where you want to make contact. Hold for just a second and then continue the swing. First do this without moving your feet much for a lot of repetitions. Once you are comfortable with that do the same but now move sideways as if you are running to the ball before shadowswinging. Again do lots of repetitions over and over. Then try it with the ball, again first with very easy shots and then moving.

Good Luck!

---------------------
Florian Meier
www.onlinetennisinstruction.com
FMeier is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:06 AM   #5
country flag pferg

pferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond reputepferg has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you are timing your shot properly. Hitting the ball out in front of you will cause you to hit more cross court... so be prepared for that and practice it a lot!

Join your local tennis ladder for free.
Find new hitting partners.
Challenge yourself to climb the ladder!
pferg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote