Are Western "first world country" lives seen as more valuable by the media? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Are western lives presented as more valuable in world media?

Yes, sadly I think so 26 76.47%
No, I dont believe this 5 14.71%
Im undecided on this issue 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #91
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Western "first world country" lives seen as more valuable by the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug View Post
If I openly say "I hate Jews" because some of them own huge financial instituions and that they're greedy, it isn't anti-Semitic. It's discriminatory, offensive, vile, and in bad taste, but it isn't anti-Semitic.
There is even a term for that: economic antisemitism.
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #92
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Western "first world country" lives seen as more valuable by the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
No, I just have a very good understanding of the English language. You are talking about Semites. I was talking about "anti-semitism'' a word which means 'hatred of Jews." In this case all the linguistic and ethnic variations involving Semites are irrelevant. Unless, of course, you consider dictionaries to be just more propaganda of the western capitalist media and refuse to read them.
Is "jews" defined as a race or religion?
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:13 AM   #93
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Judaism is a religion not confined to the people of the middle east.

As a Semitic tribe, the Jews (or Israelites) are/were known as Hebrews (or as I affectionately call them: He-bros.) "Hebrew" is an ethnic designation.

To confuse things further, today, many interchange Israeli and Jew which I think is sloppy.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 04-18-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:57 AM   #94
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
To confuse things further, today, many interchange Israeli and Jew which I think is sloppy.
true, its not the same but its not that bad

its amazing how every topic always find a way to have a jewish talk, i have no idea why, trust me WE ARE NOT that Interesting, we are just 0.227% of the world.

two jewish woman from different race

things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"

Last edited by Punky : 04-18-2013 at 07:29 AM.
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 AM   #95
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

about the topic, well in here i hear alot of news about the USA and Europe, only in dramatic cases i see news report about asia, AO, south/center america or africa.
of course everyday about the middle east.

theres different shows who tell news about diffrent places same goes for the news in the sites.
from europe i hear mostly about the UK.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Last edited by Punky : 04-18-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #96
country flag AnnaK_4ever

AnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond reputeAnnaK_4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I get my news from RT, a non-for-profit-organisation, funded by the Russian government, albeit with no journalistic influence. They cover world events far more objectively, minus all the preachy trite most of the population has grown accustom to, and certainly are not afraid to legitimately critique issues, people and countries that would otherwise be blanket in the mainstream media.
Jesus Christ on a bicycle... Are you for real???

RT is a cheap, unprofessional, Soviet-style propaganda channel headed by a "journalist" who literally slept her way to her current job, can't put two coherent phrases together, was caught falsifying news on multiple occassions, falls for pranks, and is too dumb to detect irony or sarcasm in tweets she often quotes as her "news source".
Just in January RT falsely accused one of Russia's top opposition bloggers (Rustem Adagamov) of pedophylia. They interviewed Adagamov's ex-wife, a nutso, who claimed that some 15 years ago in Norway Adagamov ***** a girl. Who that girl was, how old she was at the time, exactly when and where it happened, why she (ex-wife) or the girl's parents kept silence for 15 years -- all this she failed to explain. RT went on to "inform" the public an official investigation was launched against Adagamov in Norway which turned out to be a total lie.

Last edited by AnnaK_4ever : 04-18-2013 at 10:41 AM.
AnnaK_4ever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #97
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post

RT is a cheap, unprofessional, Soviet-style propaganda channel headed by a "journalist" who literally slept her way to her current job, can't put two coherent phrases together, was caught falsifying news on multiple occassions, falls for pranks, and is too dumb to detect irony or sarcasm in tweets she often quotes as her "news source".
Just in January RT falsely accused one of Russia's top opposition bloggers (Rustem Adagamov) of pedophylia. They interviewed Adagamov's ex-wife, a nutso, who claimed that some 15 years ago in Norway Adagamov ***** a girl. Who that girl was, how old she was at the time, exactly when and where it happened, why she (ex-wife) or the girl's parents kept silence for 15 years -- all this she failed to explain. RT went on to "inform" the public an official investigation was launched against Adagamov in Norway which turned out to be a total lie.
I've heard about this, and yes, it was a sufficient blow and made me slightly question RT's journalistic integrity. There has been a few instances where their reporting has been blinkered (to say the least), but I use RT for world events, not necessarily reports covering Russia's political infrastructure. Since the mainstream media fail to address the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, the Syrian Civil War and and many other world issues, I use RT as my source. As I evidently made clear earlier on, it's far from perfect, but in terms of accessible news sources, this is far less biased, sensationalised and degradable than most other networks. I am not sure how they cover Russian social news (I've read a few of their political reports), but to say RT is propaganda is ignorant. Again, their political and social reporting in Russia could demonstrate this, but out of all the news sources available to me, RT wins. Each media outlet will have its bias, its "agenda" and its motive - it just so happens RT is more honest and informative than most other junk out there.

If somebody has a more objective and less, according to you all, propagandistic news source, then by all means, enlighten me.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #98
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
true, its not the same but its not that bad

its amazing how every topic always find a way to have a jewish talk, i have no idea why, trust me WE ARE NOT that Interesting, we are just 0.227% of the world.

two jewish woman from different race

You claim you Jews are not that interesting yet you post a picture of the most beautiful, eloquent, downright hottest actress in Hollywood (i.e., Johansson).

Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #99
country flag Punky

Quote:
You claim you Jews are not that interesting yet you post a picture of the most beautiful, eloquent, downright hottest actress in Hollywood (i.e., Johansson).
Lol fir real?

Most ppl will say it's Natalie portnan not Johansson

As u like blonde and my point was in the difference of the looks not who is more pretty

Sadly u missed my point

Old 04-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #100
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Lol fir real?

Most ppl will say it's Natalie portnan not Johansson

As u like blonde and my point was in the difference of the looks not who is more pretty

Sadly u missed my point
No, I understood your point completely. I just find it funny that your post stated "we Jews are not that interesting" and then you indirectly post a picture of Johansson, who I believe is the most beautiful actress in Hollywood. And Natalie Portman better than Scarlett? Blasphemy.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #101
country flag Punky

Quote:
No, I understood your point completely. I just find it funny that your post stated "we Jews are not that interesting" and then you indirectly post a picture of Johansson, who I believe is the most beautiful actress in Hollywood. And Natalie Portman better than Scarlett? Blasphemy.
I see u have a thing for miss Johansson but I still thing u missed my point, I took the first thing I saw in google, If the pic of the blonde israeli models wasn't from plucked I will put her, nothing important behind it

About who is more pretty from the two my guess is threre are ppl who won't agree with u but each to his own esp on beauty

The point is, they Don't look from the same race.

About Jewish as not interesting they are 0.2% of the world and I think the interst is our of proportion to their size

I hope u and Johansson will Live happily ever after

Old 04-18-2013, 01:48 PM   #102
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaK_4ever View Post

I guess if you are looking for evidence of western capitalist corporate corruption under every stone, RT would feed that desire.
And we will hear the same tired story that almost nobody watches it because the western capitalist corporate media already has us brainwashed into not recognizing the truth as RT tells it.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #103
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Still afraid to consult a dictionary?
Old 04-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #104
country flag vucina

vucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond reputevucina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Neither. They are a people, a nation.
vucina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #105
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:

If somebody has a more objective and less, according to you all, propagandistic news source, then by all means, enlighten me.
From the time I watched yesterday I was repeatedly told by RT that western corporate news is lies and I should watch RT for the truth. Pure propaganda technique.

You keep talking about who reports the news most truthfully. Don't you realize that a news channel that spends most of its airtime telling you that it's reporting is correct and all western news reporting is lies, is not really there primarily to give you the news?

The RT website has a poll today on who did the Boston bombings. Currently the opinion of 49% of the people who visit that site is that the US government did it. Clearly RT knows its audience.

Last edited by buddyholly : 04-18-2013 at 02:40 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote