Are Western "first world country" lives seen as more valuable by the media? - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Are western lives presented as more valuable in world media?

Yes, sadly I think so 26 76.47%
No, I dont believe this 5 14.71%
Im undecided on this issue 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #76
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Western "first world country" lives seen as more valuable by the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post

Now we are hearing that Palestinians are subject to more apartheid than the South Africans were. It took all of 10 minutes for the anti-semitism to come out.
Did you realize that arabs are semites?

Or have you been that brainwashed by the media?
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #77
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Western "first world country" lives seen as more valuable by the media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
Did you realize that arabs are semites?

Or have you been that brainwashed by the media?
No, I just have a very good understanding of the English language. You are talking about Semites. I was talking about "anti-semitism'' a word which means 'hatred of Jews." In this case all the linguistic and ethnic variations involving Semites are irrelevant. Unless, of course, you consider dictionaries to be just more propaganda of the western capitalist media and refuse to read them.

Last edited by buddyholly : 04-17-2013 at 11:44 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:33 PM   #78
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTim View Post
western press report more about western issues shocker

of course this is true.
This self-centerdness is typical towards the end of the decadence life-cycle. The day the audience (market) takes an interest in "darkest" africa, is the day the media will give them exactly that. Celebrity news and reality TV is today's news. This perpetuates the cycle of ignorance. Our masses are truly ignorant. It is scary. No wonder we are easy pickings for the elite.

Despite my dad's insistence (with tantrums and throwing of furniture), I don't think CNN is entirely a fascistic tool of western/corporate imperialism. Maybe not entirely. And there is a plethora of different media one can consume, especially in the internet age. Problem is that people do not care about what happens outside of their immediate communities anymore. They will care once everything is taken from them though, as is happening in the USA right now.

Last edited by Mr. Oracle : 04-17-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:43 PM   #79
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post

Despite my dad's insistence (with tantrums and throwing of furniture), I don't think CNN is entirely a fascistic tool of western/corporate imperialism. Maybe not entirely. And there is a plethora of different media one can consume. Especially in the internet age. Problem is that people do not care about what happens outside of their immediate communities anymore.
Poor CNN. The left won't watch it because it is too right wing and the right won't watch it because it is too left wing. So they watch FOX and MSNBC, and CNN falls between two stools. In the early days it used to be two anchors at a desk reading the news. It was something new and exciting - a 24 hour news channel! But nobody has the time anymore, they are too busy updating their hugely fascinating facebook pages so that the world can learn what they had for breakfast.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:08 AM   #80
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Poor CNN. The left won't watch it because it is too right wing and the right won't watch it because it is too left wing. So they watch FOX and MSNBC, and CNN falls between two stools. In the early days it used to be two anchors at a desk reading the news. It was something new and exciting - a 24 hour news channel! But nobody has the time anymore, they are too busy updating their hugely fascinating facebook pages so that the world can learn what they had for breakfast.
One always runs the risk of sounding like some bitter old geezer stating the current reality, but you summed it up perfectly. I've resisted FB not only for privacy reasons, but also because I want to actively participate in the world through all of my senses with flesh and blood people. I like to leave my cell phone at home as well from time to time, and I never walk around texting (bumping into things). Ever see two teenagers walking down the street while they are both texting someone else? Better to text than have a face to face conversation with the person next to you
Old 04-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #81
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
Haha

Faux news,

or as Jim Carey calls them "fux" news

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/043...ith-jim-carrey
Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 AM   #82
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Village and rural are practically synonymous. I don't get this irritation you have with calling a village in Central China rural.

Haha, I just flipped over to RT. There is some woman going on and on about the western media not providing the proper news. But she has no news of her own to offer. Instead she shows excerpts from CNN, FOX and MSNBC and then tells us what garbage they offer. She is funnier than John Stewart. RT could be my go to comedy station if it is always this funny.

If you really think that the Russian government funds RT and does not influence content, then you are not in the same universe as me. It is Pravda under a new name, that is all. The propaganda machine of Putin.

Right now she is doing a piece on the 9/11 conspiracy. HaHaHaHa. Very up to date.i

Oh, now a nice little bit about that wonderful man, Assad, in Syria.

Now we are hearing that Palestinians are subject to more apartheid than the South Africans were. It took all of 10 minutes for the anti-semitism to come out.

Ah, maybe I won't watch this garbage anymore. It has no news at all, just propaganda.

So she ends her little programme by telling us to tune out western news and listen to her Russian truths. Now I know where you guys get all this anti western media stuff. You just repeat what RT tells you. She has told me about 5 times in 20 minutes to stop watching western news and get the truth at RT. I am starting to worry that I am being brainwashed over the airwaves.
I don't watch the live broadcasts of RT. I had subscribed to their YouTube channel. They extensively cover world events the mainstream media dare not go towards.They are far from perfect, but they keep a sense of journalistic integrity. And you severely don't understand the term "propaganda" if you label RT's coverage as such. It's also implausibly ignorant to make such a comment after having watched a minimal portion of their coverage. It's like me crossing over to Fox News for the first time, seeing a decent report on my football club and then go out adulating the company for its "objectivity".

And you've further demonstrated more illiteracy in your post. I only discovered RT 3-4 months ago. My standpoint on Western media has been the same for well over three years. What's the point attempting to have a legitimate argument with somebody who mindlessly throws out blanket, empty statements such as "now I know where you get your anti-Western media stuff" or "it has no news at all, just propaganda"? If you actually took time in watching their broadcast, you realise they cover more than one side and they certainly are not "anti-Semitic" and part of Putin's "machine" since most of the world events have no correlation with Russia.

"Thank you very much for letting me win"
B-Nard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:22 AM   #83
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

B-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond reputeB-Nard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, I just have a very good understanding of the English language. You are talking about Semites. I was talking about "anti-semitism'' a word which means 'hatred of Jews." In this case all the linguistic and ethnic variations involving Semites are irrelevant. Unless, of course, you consider dictionaries to be just more propaganda of the western capitalist media and refuse to read them.
You've neglected to expand upon the most vital part the anti-Semitism: hatred of Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage. If I start discriminating Jewish people for the way their names sound or the way their faces look, it is not anti-Semitic. Commonly misunderstood.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #84
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
One always runs the risk of sounding like some bitter old geezer stating the current reality, but you summed it up perfectly. I've resisted FB not only for privacy reasons, but also because I want to actively participate in the world through all of my senses with flesh and blood people. I like to leave my cell phone at home as well from time to time, and I never walk around texting (bumping into things). Ever see two teenagers walking down the street while they are both texting someone else? Better to text than have a face to face conversation with the person next to you
I can go one better. I never leave home with my cell phone. I would not even have one except that my rented condo had no land line. So I leave it on the coffee table just like a real phone. Except that real phones don't have batteries that die.
I use email, I do it on my time.
I have to admit that when someone is walking on the sidewalk with their phone in front of their face, I try to bump it out of their hands. And if they are dumb enough to be texting while crossing the street I yell, "caaaar coming."
Old 04-18-2013, 12:44 AM   #85
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mug View Post
You've neglected to expand upon the most vital part the anti-Semitism: hatred of Jews for reasons connected to their Jewish heritage. If I start discriminating Jewish people for the way their names sound or the way their faces look, it is not anti-Semitic. Commonly misunderstood.
What???
Why would I even want to expand on something like that? What does a Jewish name sound like - Sammy Davis Jr? What does a Jewish face look like - a Nordic blonde? I guess I am just misunderstanding.
I was talking about antisemitism and had no reason to expand on a word that is in every dictionary.

Last edited by buddyholly : 04-18-2013 at 01:47 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:47 AM   #86
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

Quote:
What???
Why would I even want to expand on something like that? What does a Jewish name sound like - Sammy Davis Jr? What does a Jewish face look like - a Nordic blonde? I guess I am just misunderstanding.
You defined anti-Semitism as the hatred of Jews. It's not. It's the hatred of Jews directly related to their Jewish heritage. There's a difference. People toss around the term anti-Semitic all too frequently, even though half the time it's used in an inaccurate context.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:54 AM   #87
country flag Mr. Oracle

Quote:
You defined anti-Semitism as the hatred of Jews. It's not. It's the hatred of Jews directly related to their Jewish heritage. There's a difference. People toss around the term anti-Semitic all too frequently, even though half the time it's used in an inaccurate context.
Maybe you can elaborate on the "difference?" Sure you're not splitting hairs with semantics here?
Old 04-18-2013, 01:04 AM   #88
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

Quote:
Maybe you can elaborate on the "difference?" Sure you're not splitting hairs with semantics here?
If I openly say "I hate Jews" because some of them own huge financial instituions and that they're greedy, it isn't anti-Semitic. It's discriminatory, offensive, vile, and in bad taste, but it isn't anti-Semitic. If I come out and say I hate Jews because they executed Jesus Christ and still claim to be "the Chosen Ones", then that is anti-Semitic, since it directly correlates with their Jewish heritage. Same as saying the Jews don't deserve to be in Israel because it's not their land; countless evidence suggests the Jews did inhabit the State of Israel many thousands of years ago. People have been accused of being anti-Semitic because they made a sour joke about the Holocaust. This isn't true. I am merely sick of the term being tossed around inaccurately on numerous occasions.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 AM   #89
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
I did not define anti-semitism at all. That is what dictionaries do. Maybe you should consult one. It says anti semitism: hatred or prejudice against Jews.
That is twice today you have tried to say that words mean what you want them to mean, not what a dictionary says they mean..

Earlier you said that it was not proper to describe a village in central China as "rural."

You must be Humpty Dumpty.

Last edited by buddyholly : 04-18-2013 at 01:49 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #90
country flag B-Nard
Tomic the Tank engine.

Quote:
I did not define anti-semitism at all. That is what dictionaries do. Maybe you should consult one. It says anti semitism: hatred or prejudice against Jews.
That is twice today you have tried to say that words mean what you want them to mean, not what a dictionary says they mean..

You must be Humpty Dumpty.
Having endured through countless research when I once did a paper on anti-Semitism, I can safely say it does mean the hatred of Jews, but reasons only connected to their Jewish heritage. If all that research and my highly scored essay was incorrect, then I concede.