Indian Wells - BNP Paribas Open - 2011 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #31
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indian Wells - BNP Paribas Open - 2011

Nice! It looks indeed like a good match to follow on livescoring

Next up: Nole! A bit difficult for me but I'm going all for Ernie in this one Novak had enough so far this year
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
ellen_ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #32
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

In 2nd set, he got broke early but broke back immediately to even the score; he then was 5-5 and broke Lu and at 6-5 he could not close the set as he got broken to love: tie break. That's where the heart attack occured.
But he won it 9-7 after saving a BP. Ouf!
3rd set he went up 3-0 then 4-1 and on to a winner.
He increased his % of serves and returns through his 3 sets which finally gave him the match. Volleys??? Scoreboard doesn't show it.

This could have been so good to watch and share his satisfaction.
Next match will be streamed and Nole, being on another level, might bring us another feeling; wish I am mistaking.
Nole doesn't endure high temperature, but so do Ernests...no hope there.

So proud for the moment because when he loses early, I'm always afraid he would quit tennis by disgust.

Last edited by osmonde : 03-14-2011 at 07:34 AM.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 AM   #33
country flag Sheila

Sheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond reputeSheila has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to him for hanging on in there and winning!
Good luck to him for his next match x
Sheila is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #34
country flag banhhe

banhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond reputebanhhe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmonde View Post
In 2nd set, he got broke early but broke back immediately to even the score; he then was 5-5 and broke Lu and at 6-5 he could not close the set as he got broken to love: tie break. That's where the heart attack occured.
But he won it 9-7 after saving a BP. Ouf!
3rd set he went up 3-0 then 4-1 and on to a winner.
He increased his % of serves and returns through his 3 sets which finally gave him the match. Volleys??? Scoreboard doesn't show it.

This could have been so good to watch and share his satisfaction.
Next match will be streamed and Nole, being on another level, might bring us another feeling; wish I am mistaking.
Nole doesn't endure high temperature, but so do Ernests...no hope there.

So proud for the moment because when he loses early, I'm always afraid he would quit tennis by disgust.
thanks Osmonde I don't know if I should be positive about what happened in the third set or not because physically, Lu cannot be compared to Ernests, but I'll take the positive side in the next match with Nole

Good luck Ernests and I hope they will schedule the match at the time that I can watch
banhhe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:17 AM   #35
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to all Ernests fans on this difficult win.
I think it is the best scenario before Djokovic game. Ernests knows he can come back from 6-7 5-3 and he proved he wants to fight and is not in a giving up mood.
Djokovic is supposedly on the wave and had a very easy win over Golubev and given Ernests last couple of performances could underestemate our boy a bit.
So I see this one going to whoever is best physically on the day.
eze is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #36
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alejax View Post
I'm happy for him, I think that this was the kind of match he was needing the most. He struggled the first set and lost it at the end, then he didn't give up and kept fighting to stay in the match winning the second set with a lot of effort and at the end he finished winning the match strongly (I don't know if at the third set Lu give up or was physically tired because from the stats is difficult to know)but this should help Ernests confidence. Winning is always good to him, specially after this kind of matches which he has to give his best. Maybe I'm overestimating Lu, but to me this was never an easy match to play

So Congrats Ernests !!!!!!
This is exactly what I'm thinking, this match should be good for Ernie's confidence. I'm so happy
Old 03-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #37
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Great fighting win So happy Ernests could pull this result off,from such a difficult position Well done Ernests

I'm excited for his next match!

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:08 PM   #38
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a report from someone who was at the match:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I did spent sometime in court 4 before Nole's match to scout his opponent. Gulbis vs Lu. This is one crazy match and both players managed to lose focus for no obvious reason. I was there half way thru the first set. Lu was solid and Gulbis was UE machine especially in TB where Lu won. More or less the same at the beginning of 2nd set. At 2-2 30-0 Lu, Gulbis for no special reason, broke his racquet and got a warning. Both players did not do anything on return until 3-4 Gulbis serve. He was 15-30, served a DF and then Lu's return clipped the baseline. I thought that's it for Gulbis because Lu had been solid the whole match. It seemed that Lu did not expect to win vs Gulbis and just horror after horror while serving for the match and was broken at love, twice. After 12 consecutive points by Gulbis, he was to serve for the set at 6-5 and guess what, Ernie lost his service game at love. It's a really, really bad and even I lost focus at the match. Another error fest TB and Ernie managed to win it. I left as Nole's match was about to start.

Anyway, unless Ernie improves tremendously in 2 days, it will be another match like tonight's.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #39
country flag ellen_

ellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond reputeellen_ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh... That's nice to read
"Sometimes you are embarrassed by how you are playing. Sometimes you want to be there, sometimes you want to go home. Sometimes you are fighting hard and sometimes you are fighting yourself." - Ernests Gulbis

To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousands in a battle - Buddha
Old 03-15-2011, 12:38 AM   #40
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, congrats Ernests!!! Great win.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:51 AM   #41
country flag osmonde

osmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond reputeosmonde has a reputation beyond repute

OOP Tuesday: Nole vs Ernests---11:00am stadium 1

Early match: not good for Ernie and heat at the top.
Only reason to have a no:3 scheduled that early: Nole plays in double later in the day
Was hoping for a night match. Oh well. it will probably be a farewell.

Davai Ernests. We support you whatever.
osmonde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:30 AM   #42
country flag CelinaCarpina

CelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond reputeCelinaCarpina has a reputation beyond repute

Damn I shouldve been at that match, I wouldve asked E for his broken racket! LOL.

"Gulbis is a beautiful player with a beautiful game. Such a rarity on the ATP tour.
"
DIMITROV GULBIS LEJNIEKS RAONIC MURRAY TOMIC FEDERER * IVANOVIC SHARAPOVA ROBSON AZARENKA CLIJSTERS
xoxoitscelinacarpina.tumblr.com
TeamGrisho.tumblr.com
hellyeahbernietomic.tumblr.com

CelinaCarpina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #43
country flag but-it's-ok

but-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond reputebut-it's-ok has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Ernests!

Cheering forNole Gilles Tomas Dima Grisha Delpo Stan Fed Nando GGL Domi
Thanks for the memories Juan Carlos!

Anci Petra Maria Sharapova Sabine Thanks for the memories Kim
Norwich City Football Club
but-it's-ok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:02 AM   #44
country flag eze

eze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond reputeeze has a reputation beyond repute

I´m nervous about todays game, deep in my heart I beleive Ernests can do it.
Crossing fingers..
eze is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #45
country flag ellen_

He can do this indeed. Will light a candle though Come on, Ernie!