Chevron refuses to pay due compensations for contaminating the Amazon in Ecuador - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #31
country flag BigJohn
Banned!

BigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond reputeBigJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chevron refuses to pay due compensations for contaminating the Amazon in Ecuador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Don't blame them. Blame the backward South American economies and political corruption, which allow this in the first place. If South America wasn't 3rd world, maybe they wouldn't have to suffer the "imperialist invasion" and sell themselves out time and time again.
BigJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #32
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Chevron refuses to pay due compensations for contaminating the Amazon in Ecuador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Don't blame them. Blame the backward South American economies and political corruption, which allow this in the first place. If South America wasn't 3rd world, maybe they wouldn't have to suffer the "imperialist invasion" and sell themselves out time and time again.
well that's what i said the post you were quoting, no?

but the companies do have a moral and a legal responsibility. it is wrong to dump toxic waste on third world nations simply because theres no one around to stop them.
Old 01-07-2012, 12:43 AM   #33
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
well that's what i said the post you were quoting, no?

but the companies do have a moral and a legal responsibility. it is wrong to dump toxic waste on third world nations simply because theres no one around to stop them.
In the perfect world, yes. But throughout history the stronger always exploited the weaker, the only difference is that in 21st century it's done with more subtlety when compared to, say, middle ages where you could simply conquer the weaker country.
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #34
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

i don't disagree with that

but i sense that the difference between me and you is that you you seem to accept injustice as something natural and perhaps with no real desire to stop it