Rafa Hatas & Co Chat Thread Subdued On Clay - Vol. 69 - Page 101 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #1501
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live Reporting And Football Fighting Rafa Chat Thread - Vol. 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16>9>2 View Post
footie haters...
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
You should be glad we are not more vocal in our protests
You're giving me an idea here Hema.

Football haters unite!!! We need to get organized and fight against the plague called 'football' (aka 'soccer' to those who live in North America )

I hereby invite all sane people to become members of the Football Haters Association (FHA). Some ideas for our logo:

Educational material to be distributed in schools:

Ideas for apparel (to be worn during protests outside stadiums):

Metis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #1502
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
You should know that WG is ALWAYS RIGHT. Even when she isn't, she is.
star

Quote:
I took pics of your boy. They are on my camera. Someday I will figure out how to get them to the computer and then to here. He was a meanie to Rafa and LilLo so and also I asked a fair sampling of women around me, i.e. one, whether he was cute or adorable or sexy or anything that could be called attractive at all. The response was not favorable.
WHERE IS THE MARDY PIC????? WHERE???

edit: metis i protest the middle pic in that set of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #1503
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was laughing at the absurdity of the whole thing. GU claims to like players that come to the net, and there is Harrison who tries to get to the net frequently and not just on a easy put away like *cough* *cough* some players, and GU calls him what? A pusher. Clearly he saw nothing of the match or he is delusional.

For me, Raonic did not crack his forehand as he did playing against Fish or whoever else it was he played (it's all a blur now) But, Harrison was death on those second serves even when they came in at 117 or thereabouts. It was startling. Amazing what a pusher can achieve. I like it that Harrison is so fast. I love those speedsters. But, they were saying he is 6'1" I find that hard to believe. He looks smaller to me. I think the game is going toward the big men, and I think someone like Ryan will have to work very hard indeed to get to the top. But, both have a lot ahead of them. I hope they both do well.
Gu I mostly don't pay attention to in GM. Harrison really played well yesterday at the net but he also made a lot of thoughtless approaches. His most impressive part was ROS like you said. I think he will find it hard to put it all together on a consistent basis. Raonic has and probably will have it easier if the serve continues to work for him plus he has the better head it seems like. But who knows It was a fun and high quality match especially in the first set.

Roddick had some good things to say

Quote:
Q. Did you have a chance to see the Harrison/Raonic match? Any sort of response on the match?
ANDY RODDICK: That third set was a microcosm of exciting things to come from both of them. I was really proud of Ryan. We've talked a lot the last couple of weeks about him kind of staying the course and not losing his composure too much. I hope he learns that lesson quicker than I did.
He certainly did today. The kid is like a sponge. You see a lot of the stuff that we've been talking about, and he's doing it. We talked about it three days ago. That's a good thing.
The other thing, with Raonic, kid's down two breaks, he brings it back and comes within a point of bringing it back. That's a big thing. More impressive is he loses 6-4 in the third, he's still down there getting a massage, doing the proper things regardless of if he lost.
I noticed that. I thought that was pretty impressive. So I liked the match. I like their attitudes and how they go about their business better.

Quote:
It is so good to have you amongst the silent few.
Isn't it always?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post
You're giving me an idea here Hema.

Football haters unite!!! We need to get organized and fight against the plague called 'football' (aka 'soccer' to those who live in North America )

I hereby invite all sane people to become members of the Football Haters Association (FHA). Some ideas for our logo:

Educational material to be distributed in schools:

Ideas for apparel (to be worn during protests outside stadiums):

I admire your initiative, Metis
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM   #1504
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Metis, I suggest that we name the association Soccer Haters United. (SHU) As short for shoo or shut up. Either will do. PLUS the word "soccer" infuriates them.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #1505
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and as I'm about to put Skippy peanut butter on my pathetic piece of rye toast, I see that Skippy has done a recall for salmonella.

Sweet. Perfect.
Old 03-16-2011, 02:52 PM   #1506
country flag Metis

Metis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond reputeMetis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You should know that WG is ALWAYS RIGHT. Even when she isn't, she is.

I took pics of your boy. They are on my camera.

Quote:
Someday I will figure out how to get them to the computer and then to here.

Quote:
He was a meanie to Rafa and LilLo so
that's the way it is in doubles
Quote:
and also I asked a fair sampling of women around me, i.e. one, whether he was cute or adorable or sexy or anything that could be called attractive at all. The response was not favorable.
Yeah right, I believe you.

Quote:
I am so tired. So very tired. I almost cried when I saw the schedule. Should I forego seeing DelPo this morning and save myself for tonight? Also, I have to take warm clothing with me and if I don't get there early, the trudge to my car to get the warm things will be long, long, long.
Go watch Del Potro, then have lunch, then take a nap in your car, then Malisse doubles, then Rafito and RogiGOAT.
Quote:
And that stupid Paul Hanley had to call for the trainer and that took HOURS. And then he played just the same.
I see. That's why they lost. Lucky one Rafa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
edit: metis i protest the middle pic in that set of 3
I can replace it with this one:

Old 03-16-2011, 03:02 PM   #1507
country flag Metis

Quote:
Metis, I suggest that we name the association Soccer Haters United. (SHU) As short for shoo or shut up. Either will do. PLUS the word "soccer" infuriates them.
That's brilliant!

campaign to protect little kids:

"When a stranger approaches you and offers you a football, run away!"

Quote:
Oh, and as I'm about to put Skippy peanut butter on my pathetic piece of rye toast, I see that Skippy has done a recall for salmonella.

Sweet. Perfect.
Good thing you didn't see it after eating it.

Time for a visit to that breakfast place with the long menu.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #1508
country flag Metis

Old 03-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #1509
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Best sport coming from the US of A is wrestling (and poker). Enough said
Old 03-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #1510
country flag Metis

Football hurts animals too:

Old 03-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #1511
country flag wildegirl05
ˇHala Madrid!

wildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond reputewildegirl05 has a reputation beyond repute

metis, actually there was a recent case of a footballer who kicked an owl off the pitch and it died. it was brutal. fucking idiots these ballers sometimes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
What penalty? Messi dived.
wildegirl05 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 03-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #1512
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metis View Post

that's the way it is in doubles
Some doubles players have been bery nice indeed to Rafito and Lolito.

Quote:
Yeah right, I believe you.
I was trying to spare you, but the first reaction was "What?" as in "I must have misunderstood what you said." and then when I explained I had a friend (yeah, I stretched things a bit there) who thought he was adorable and worthy, she looked at me as if I were crazy, and said "Really?" And then she said she didn't think so.

I mean he's got a doofus quality that i can appreciate, and, of course, personality trumps looks, but just on a purely physical level, I looked and looked for something. Didn't find it.

Quote:
Go watch Del Potro, then have lunch, then take a nap in your car, then Malisse doubles, then Rafito and RogiGOAT.
That's like saying take a nap in an oven! Think how hot a car is that is parked out in 90 degree heat.

Quote:
I see. That's why they lost. Lucky one Rafa.
Uh He had the treatment after he lost the first set and then he won the second -- so, no.
Old 03-16-2011, 03:09 PM   #1513
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildegirl05 View Post
metis, actually there was a recent case of a footballer who kicked an owl off the pitch and it died. it was brutal. fucking idiots these ballers sometimes.
Saw that one well, rightfully the jackass was fined for this I think...
Old 03-16-2011, 03:10 PM   #1514
country flag Metis

Football brainwashes people and leads to a distorted view of life and reality:

Old 03-16-2011, 03:11 PM   #1515
country flag Metis

Football also distroys marriages and tears families apart

Closed Thread