Middle East call for freedom/ Various Israel topics - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #121
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - what should the world do about the situation in Libya?

The whole thing stinks. When Gaddafi handed in his WMDs or whatever a few years ago the Western powers started saying he's alright etc and had diplomatic relations. Now all of a sudden he's a despot again.

Personally he needs to go but not another Iraq situation. That said there's only 6 million Libyans so can't see it taking much.

Would have been ideal if he'd done a Mubarak and walked away, power to the people and all that.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2011, 02:29 PM   #122
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Would have been ideal if he'd done a Mubarak and walked away, power to the people and all that.
This shows that you don't know Gaddafi. He's a complete different character compared to Mubarak. Gaddafi won't go anywhere until he's dead.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #123
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Or Levy View Post
I have to say, I am reading you all, and I am confused.

Can someone of those opposing the desicion to interfere in Libya outline the situations in which the western should interfere in what goes on outside its borders?
Let me think: NEVER.

Internal affairs are internal affairs.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:49 PM   #124
country flag ryan23

ryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond reputeryan23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
The whole thing stinks. When Gaddafi handed in his WMDs or whatever a few years ago the Western powers started saying he's alright etc and had diplomatic relations. Now all of a sudden he's a despot again.

Personally he needs to go but not another Iraq situation. That said there's only 6 million Libyans so can't see it taking much.

Exactly the same with Saddam the UK and the US were friends and did deals with him but then looked what happened

Big Star/Alex Chilton R.I.P

The Stone Roses

Guns N' Roses
ryan23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #125
country flag Mistaflava

Mistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond reputeMistaflava has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have time to read all the garbage in this thread but the bottom line is that the coalition is doing what they have to do here and any military not involved can go shove a rocket right up their asses. It's pathetic how the Americans, Brits and Canadians are always the ones policing the world while the Russians, Chinese and other large military forces do jack shit.

So it's simple, blow the bitch up and watch that clown squirm, it's the right move.
Mistaflava is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:08 PM   #126
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Let me think: NEVER.

Internal affairs are internal affairs.
If a dictator started killing off millions of Brazilians including your neigbours would you say no to outside help ? I thought on the Japan earthquake thread you were adamant that "human life is the most important thing on earth" Clearly that sentiment doesn't extend to poor African life

Had Gadaffi been say a French dicator mindelessly running France to the ground and killing off anyone who opposes him no one would object to foreign intervention.

No mate the protection of "Internal Affairs" ends when some deluded tool starts killing off innocent people. So if anyone pulls off the same crap in Brazil you'd best believe we'll take him out with or without your approval.

It's the 21st century now. BS will not be tolerated. Now I hear some of you crying oil oil as if it's preferable for Gadaffi to use that country's oil to enrich himself while the rest of the population get the scraps
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #127
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
If a dictator started killing off millions of Brazilians including your neigbours would you say no to outside help ? I thought on the Japan earthquake thread you were adamant that "human life is the most important thing on earth" Clearly that sentiment doesn't extend to poor African life

Had Gadaffi been say a French dicator mindelessly running France to the ground and killing off anyone who opposes him no one would object to foreign intervention.

No mate the protection of "Internal Affairs" ends when some deluded tool starts killing off innocent people. So if anyone pulls off the same crap in Brazil you'd best believe we'll take him out with or without your approval.

It's the 21st century now. BS will not be tolerated. Now I hear some of you crying oil oil as if it's preferable for Gadaffi to use that country's oil to enrich himself while the rest of the population get the scraps
IF?

That happened in Brazil. From 1964 to 1985. And NOBODY did ANYTHING to help us. Actually, the US gave the coup full support.

The west couldn't care less about the Libyan people. They only care about the oil. Khadafi has been there for what? 40 years?

XXI century? The way things are going right now, we're still in the XX century, diplomacy-wise.

Last edited by GlennMirnyi : 03-22-2011 at 02:13 AM.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:07 AM   #128
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post

you're so clueless and yet so defiant that it's funny.

Quote:
So if anyone pulls off the same crap in Brazil you'd best believe we'll take him out with or without your approval.
why do westerners like you like to think you're the sheriffs of the world? you can shove your naive self-righteous morals wherever it fits you the most. you don't even realize that you're being fed propaganda, that your country's gvt. doesn't give much of a shit for the wellbeing of the people who live in the country you're justifying the attack against.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #129
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaflava View Post
I don't have time to read all the garbage in this thread but the bottom line is that the coalition is doing what they have to do here and any military not involved can go shove a rocket right up their asses. It's pathetic how the Americans, Brits and Canadians are always the ones policing the world while the Russians, Chinese and other large military forces do jack shit.

So it's simple, blow the bitch up and watch that clown squirm, it's the right move.
spoken like a true american cowboy :retard:
Old 03-22-2011, 02:16 AM   #130
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Just attack, take ghadaffi out of power and let the lybians do their business.

If some taliban enters there, waiut for more 20 years and attack again.

Show us the power NATO, just show us.

Otherwise Palpatine Ghadaffi will kill the rebbelians.

CUT THE SNAKE HEAD!
in an ideal world that would work and i'd be in favour of.

however, in this world the big countries aren't saints and thus i'm against this type of moves.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:15 AM   #131
country flag smitty8

smitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond reputesmitty8 has a reputation beyond repute

Send in a redneck (my brother will work) with a 12 pack of Bud and a rifle with a scope. Take out the crazy man and get it over with. Of course, that's what I said about Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:42 AM   #132
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
you're so clueless and yet so defiant that it's funny.

why do westerners like you like to think you're the sheriffs of the world? you can shove your naive self-righteous morals wherever it fits you the most. you don't even realize that you're being fed propaganda, that your country's gvt. doesn't give much of a shit for the wellbeing of the people who live in the country you're justifying the attack against.
Not even an attempt to rebutt the argument. Just the same tired old nonsense about being fed propaganda, when the west has a completely free press. But I guess when you know that you are the only person in the world who has got it right you can imagine anything and it must be true.

Last edited by buddyholly : 03-22-2011 at 03:48 AM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:08 AM   #133
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Free private press.

Free from what? It's completely tied to commercial interests.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:48 AM   #134
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Not even an attempt to rebutt the argument. Just the same tired old nonsense about being fed propaganda, when the west has a completely free press. But I guess when you know that you are the only person in the world who has got it right you can imagine anything and it must be true.
i'm not going to touch the 'completely free press' of the west here. i don't think it's true but it's another matter altogether.

now, with propaganda, i meant governments and UN propaganda (some of it is well echoed by the private media but i'll leave that out now). i'm talking about gvt. spokepersons referring to the liberation of the libyans and doing all this in the best intererst of the population of libya. I will repeat myself: I don't buy it.

Based on the history of your countries' governments, I'm truly surprised how can you people still be so naive and gullible and actually believe what your governments tell you to justify a war when pretty much all previous military interventions in foreign countries over the past 5 decades have been fuck-ups plagued with deaths and riddled with lies.

Last edited by abraxas21 : 03-22-2011 at 04:53 AM.
abraxas21 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:33 AM   #135
country flag Ajk822

Ajk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond reputeAjk822 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty8 View Post
Send in a redneck (my brother will work) with a 12 pack of Bud and a rifle with a scope. Take out the crazy man and get it over with. Of course, that's what I said about Saddam Hussein and Bin Laden.
U.S.A! U.S.A!

/Ignorant American's response