Middle East call for freedom/ Various Israel topics - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #106
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - what should the world do about the situation in Libya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
I thought it was a UN resolution.
and?

Old 03-20-2011, 05:25 PM   #107
country flag Chip_s_m

Chip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond reputeChip_s_m has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Har-Tru View Post
WWI was going to be a quick affair.

Chamberlain's triumphant document waving was going to wrap up the uncomfortable conflict with the man with the funny moustache.

The Iraq War was not going to be a war at all...
The US War Between the States was supposed to be quick too, only one or two battles. Instead, more Americans died than in all of the country's other wars combined to date (that's a lot of wars). Not to mention the destruction of an entire economy...

I would be surprised if the Western governments don't end up sending troops on the ground at some point.
Chip_s_m is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:06 PM   #108
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

The West butting in yet again. The problems in Africa can all be tied back to colonialism, and our continued interference is just perpetuating them.

I don't know when the West will finally realize that until nations learn to solve their problems on their own, they're never going to develop those ideals that we would like for them. You can't spread democracy through force, and you can't artificially create a society of freedom. Those have to be choices that societies make for themselves. You can't give freedom, it has to be demanded.

The pro-democracy movement in the Middle East has flourished recently in spite of our decades of interference, not because of it. We would be better off if we simply stayed out of the internal affairs of other nations. We can certainly wish them well and cheer for those looking to change their societies for the better, but military intervention will only make things worse.

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #109
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

I have a proof Rafales are involved in the UNO assault: we have seen a fighter crashing on Ben Gazzi yesterday.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:52 PM   #110
country flag EKSTREMISTA

EKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond repute

MARCH 19, 2011 OBAMA: 'Today

OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003

BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'

MARCH 24, 1999

CLINTON: My fellow Americans, today our Armed Forces joined our NATO allies in airstrikes against Serbian forces responsible for the brutality in Kosovo.

EKSTREMISTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:46 AM   #111
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's hope the world will be united in helping the masses purge the individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
western leaders switch alliances for the sole porpuse of defending their interests.

i don't believe for a second that they're invading libya because of the lybian people. there's got to be something for them to gain.
A whole lot of oil, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovetheblues_86 View Post
Diplomacy is pure hipocrisy, which is an amazing thing.
Well we all know this.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 04:47 AM   #112
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and?
And the UN speaks for the north, south, east and west.

At least you claim it does when you cite all those anti-Israel resolutions.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #113
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And the UN speaks for the north, south, east and west.
not at all. the UN is a big joke where mostly the big western countries get to call the shots.

Quote:
At least you claim it does when you cite all those anti-Israel resolutions.
i've certainly never claimed any such thing about the UN so don't put words in my mouth. In fact, i don't think i've even referred to those UN anti-Israel resolutions or at least I don't remember doing so.
Old 03-21-2011, 04:54 AM   #114
country flag abraxas21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKSTREMISTA View Post
MARCH 19, 2011 OBAMA: 'Today

OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003

BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'

MARCH 24, 1999

CLINTON: My fellow Americans, today our Armed Forces joined our NATO allies in airstrikes against Serbian forces responsible for the brutality in Kosovo.
outcome in kosovo: huge american military bases, corrupt western-backed leaders, drug trafficking, allegations of mass organ tracking, spying from the west, etc, etc.

outcome in iraq: ongoing state of war, terrorism, poverty, deaths. oil secured for the interest of the western corporations. also huge reconstruction contracts given by america.

outome in lybia: remains to be seen but hey, it's all for the best and in the interest of democracy. why would the western leaders lie to us?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:38 AM   #115
country flag abraxas21

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_2H5...layer_embedded

Quote:
What an occupation,
To throw your bombs on an innocent nation...
What an occupation,
To be a soldier of United Nations
What an occupation,
To throw your bombs on an innocent nation...
What an occupation,
To be a soldier of United States, ah...
Old 03-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #116
country flag Or Levy

Or Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond reputeOr Levy has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say, I am reading you all, and I am confused.

Can someone of those opposing the desicion to interfere in Libya outline the situations in which the western should interfere in what goes on outside its borders?
Or Levy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #117
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Just attack, take ghadaffi out of power and let the lybians do their business.

If some taliban enters there, waiut for more 20 years and attack again.

Show us the power NATO, just show us.

Otherwise Palpatine Ghadaffi will kill the rebbelians.

CUT THE SNAKE HEAD!

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #118
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
not at all. the UN is a big joke where mostly the big western countries get to call the shots.

I certainly agree with the joke bit. But I would argue that the joke is because it is run by an assortment of incompetent nations. Take the Human Rights Commission for example...........

Anyway, I thought Obama was reluctant to get into this and it was really brought on by Britain and France.

Last edited by buddyholly : 03-21-2011 at 01:55 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:18 PM   #119
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

One bullet into Gadaffis head would be enough.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:23 PM   #120
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Go Alexander, throw the vault in the head.

MAY THE SPIRIT OF KOSTAS PROTECT US
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote