Middle East call for freedom/ Various Israel topics - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #166
country flag peribsen

peribsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond reputeperibsen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Question - what should the world do about the situation in Libya?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post
Il est espagnol. Quelle surprise...
What a stupid comment, just as bad as the one about the 'savage island'.

Anyway, as a Spaniard there's one thing I do know: that the democracies (meaning mostly France and Britain back then) were cowardly enough to deny any help to the Spanish Republic... while allowing Hitler and Mussolini to send as much help as they desired to Franco's side. Only three years later, it was them who were against the wall fighting fascism, but Spain was left to endure a dictatorship for another 35 years.

Evil is not in the possibility of military intervention, but on the real purpose behind it. On this case, Sarkozy may have acted well (helping democrats).. for all the wrong reasons (beefing up France's role on the global scene, trying to make Arabs forget/forgive France for it's many mistakes in Tunisia and elsewhere). It won't be the first nor the last time in human history where a huge mistake has been done for the best of reasons, or a noble thing for the most innoble ones.

The important thing here is that the wave of popular movements that is affecting so many countries in the Arab world couldn't be simply ignored by those countries who are cosntantly paying lip-service to democracy. The West has made too many mistakes already in it's relation with the Muslim world to afford one more, far less such a huge mistake as this one would have been.

Quite another issue is whether the situation in Libya will end up playing out well, both for Libyans and for the world at large. A no-fly zone does not a democracy make, meaning that all the really important scenes of this play are still in the future. But here I would suggest that the unforgivable part of the weakness shown by the democracies in the 1930s was not so much that they failed in saving democracy in Spain, but that they didn't even try.

People standing up for change in the Arab world must know we are on their side, even if it means (likely) that some of those countries will end up ruled by Islamist regimes, freely elected by popular vote.

It would be intolerable if they ended up thinking that the West can act as irresponsibly and cynically as Bush and his bunch of neocon hyenas did in Iraq, yet would stand by idly when Arab peoples are actually standing up for change.
peribsen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2011, 04:18 AM   #167
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Why the focus on Lybia of all countries with dictators?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 AM   #168
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by peribsen View Post
What a stupid comment, just as bad as the one about the 'savage island'.

Anyway, as a Spaniard there's one thing I do know: that the democracies (meaning mostly France and Britain back then) were cowardly enough to deny any help to the Spanish Republic... while allowing Hitler and Mussolini to send as much help as they desired to Franco's side. Only three years later, it was them who were against the wall fighting fascism, but Spain was left to endure a dictatorship for another 35 years.

Evil is not in the possibility of military intervention, but on the real purpose behind it. On this case, Sarkozy may have acted well (helping democrats).. for all the wrong reasons (beefing up France's role on the global scene, trying to make Arabs forget/forgive France for it's many mistakes in Tunisia and elsewhere). It won't be the first nor the last time in human history where a huge mistake has been done for the best of reasons, or a noble thing for the most innoble ones.

The important thing here is that the wave of popular movements that is affecting so many countries in the Arab world couldn't be simply ignored by those countries who are cosntantly paying lip-service to democracy. The West has made too many mistakes already in it's relation with the Muslim world to afford one more, far less such a huge mistake as this one would have been.

Quite another issue is whether the situation in Libya will end up playing out well, both for Libyans and for the world at large. A no-fly zone does not a democracy make, meaning that all the really important scenes of this play are still in the future. But here I would suggest that the unforgivable part of the weakness shown by the democracies in the 1930s was not so much that they failed in saving democracy in Spain, but that they didn't even try.

People standing up for change in the Arab world must know we are on their side, even if it means (likely) that some of those countries will end up ruled by Islamist regimes, freely elected by popular vote.

It would be intolerable if they ended up thinking that the West can act as irresponsibly and cynically as Bush and his bunch of neocon hyenas did in Iraq, yet would stand by idly when Arab peoples are actually standing up for change.
Stupid is to try and justify an imperialistic invasion on such weak grounds.

First things first, this revolt against Khadafi has nothing to do with democracy. The "protesters" are actually paid by the west.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:04 AM   #169
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Stupid is to try and justify an imperialistic invasion on such weak grounds.

First things first, this revolt against Khadafi has nothing to do with democracy. The "protesters" are actually paid by the west.
That's very interesting. Please tell us more about this western conspiracy.

How are they being paid? Who is paying them? How did this come to your attention? Why does the west want to invade Libya? Are the protesters in other arab countries also being paid by the west?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:06 AM   #170
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Conspiracy?

It's the truth.

First thing these "democrats" do is to hoist the flag of the old monarchy, completely subordinated to western interests.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:09 AM   #171
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
Conspiracy?

It's the truth.

First thing these "democrats" do is to hoist the flag of the old monarchy, completely subordinated to western interests.
The former doesn't exclude the latter.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:17 AM   #172
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
The former doesn't exclude the latter.
Sorry but your term implied a derogatory tone.
Old 03-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #173
country flag EKSTREMISTA

EKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond reputeEKSTREMISTA has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHBMLil4JbI
EKSTREMISTA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #174
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbriar View Post
you really think savages from your barren island are more intelligent?
yes.

and more intelligent than you, any random rainforest monkey.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #175
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Old 03-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #176
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
What, Franquista?
Old 03-25-2011, 05:10 PM   #177
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The "protesters" are actually paid by the west.
your comments get more :retard: by the day.

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #178
country flag JolánGagó
Banned!

Quote:
What, Franquista?
I don't think you'll get it, Stalinista wannabe
Old 03-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #179
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
your comments get more :retard: by the day.
I wish I could say the same about yours but there's no way they could get any more :retard:.

Unbelievable how easily manipulated you all are. The Mujahideen, Contras, UNITA... I guess they also weren't supported by the west.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:44 PM   #180
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
I don't think you'll get it, Stalinista wannabe

That doesn't say a word to me. Try again. Check out that notebook you kept with Franco's speeches. Maybe you'll find a better term.