MTF Fitness - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2011, 11:52 AM   #76
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Fitness

Not sure is this is the right place to ask this-- but will give it a shot. I play tennis about twice a week (sometimes once), and am having some wrist pain on the outer side of my wrist. It bothers me quite a bit when I am trying to hit a forehand (continental grip)-- maybe I am inadvertently having too much wrist action when I am trying to hit a top spin forehand. I have heard about TFCC ( a cartilage ) injuries in tennis-- this maybe the same, since I got an X-Ray done and there are no bone issues...

Anyone else had similar experiences ? Any tips ? I know that I need to get my wrist stronger, but I am a bit hesitant to work on my wrist knowing that I may further injure it..
noddzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #77
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
Not sure is this is the right place to ask this-- but will give it a shot. I play tennis about twice a week (sometimes once), and am having some wrist pain on the outer side of my wrist. It bothers me quite a bit when I am trying to hit a forehand (continental grip)-- maybe I am inadvertently having too much wrist action when I am trying to hit a top spin forehand. I have heard about TFCC ( a cartilage ) injuries in tennis-- this maybe the same, since I got an X-Ray done and there are no bone issues...

Anyone else had similar experiences ? Any tips ? I know that I need to get my wrist stronger, but I am a bit hesitant to work on my wrist knowing that I may further injure it..
I'm just a bit confused. How are you using continental grip to hit a topspin forehand? This is probably the worst grip to use for topspin forehand and I've actually never seen anyone hit it this way. Continental is used for serve, volley and forehand or backhand slice, but I can see it being troublesome for a topspin forehand because of the unusual racket angle (and wrist angle).

The racket face is very level or even a bit open for this grip. Maybe you are hurting your wrist because you are trying to close the racket face and hit topspin with this grip. Or maybe it's just a miscommunication and you don't actually use the continental for the forehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:56 PM   #78
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Rest a bit, ice that wrist and when it stops hurting, come back to the game.

Then switch that grip at least to a semi-western grip on the forehand, make it easier on yourself, mate.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:01 PM   #79
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
I bench-press 115 kg. Do I get the title?
With or without the bar? The long bar usually has 20 kg alone.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:36 PM   #80
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove Dude View Post
Rest a bit, ice that wrist and when it stops hurting, come back to the game.

Then switch that grip at least to a semi-western grip on the forehand, make it easier on yourself, mate.
Whoa! I'd say semi-western at most
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #81
country flag noddzy

noddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond reputenoddzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-money View Post
I'm just a bit confused. How are you using continental grip to hit a topspin forehand? This is probably the worst grip to use for topspin forehand and I've actually never seen anyone hit it this way. Continental is used for serve, volley and forehand or backhand slice, but I can see it being troublesome for a topspin forehand because of the unusual racket angle (and wrist angle).

The racket face is very level or even a bit open for this grip. Maybe you are hurting your wrist because you are trying to close the racket face and hit topspin with this grip. Or maybe it's just a miscommunication and you don't actually use the continental for the forehand.
You are right-- maybe I am hurting my wrist trying to close the racket face without changing the grip. I have been playing on and off for 2-3 years now..and pretty much self-taught- so I am thinking of getting some one-one lessons to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion y'all, I will try out a semi-western grip.
noddzy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #82
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by noddzy View Post
You are right-- maybe I am hurting my wrist trying to close the racket face without changing the grip. I have been playing on and off for 2-3 years now..and pretty much self-taught- so I am thinking of getting some one-one lessons to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks for the suggestion y'all, I will try out a semi-western grip.
I would even recommend the eastern grip. It feels most natural for me, but you just have to try different things. Ultimately, it's what feels most natural in your hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:15 AM   #83
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-money View Post
I would even recommend the eastern grip. It feels most natural for me, but you just have to try different things. Ultimately, it's what feels most natural in your hand.
I started off using the Eastern grip. It's probably the better grip to use for beginners or for people who are trying to change their grips. It feels a lot more natural to use the Eastern when you're just starting out or testing out something new; it's probably the most natural-feeling grip, at least in my opinion. Sadly, I wasn't getting much, or any, topspin on my forehand and I eventually switched to semi-Western.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:04 PM   #84
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Now for the second part of my fitness regime, which is not as fun . I.e. cutting the extra weight gained from eating buffet lunches at work for 3 months...

First goal is to drop to 85kg, second goal probably to get closer to 80. Have to eat shitloads of protein though not to lose muscle mass...

Current weight is 88, already dropped some.

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 01-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #85
country flag Lopez

Weight update: 86,5 kg

Old 01-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #86
LittleGloves

LittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond reputeLittleGloves has a reputation beyond repute

I can't get rid of my bingo wings and the fat around my thighs. Anyone know how? And how to lose boobs fats? I'm desperate.
LittleGloves is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #87
country flag Lopez

Start jogging or some other aerobic exercise and change your diet so that you burn more calories than you eat. Burning fat locally is damn near impossible if not totally impossible. However, you can tone the problem areas by increasing your muscles there so maybe you can do some gym exercises in these areas as well.

Old 01-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #88
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

heres my workouts

Lisa-Marie(new host of Bodyrock)

Zuzanna Light a.k.a. Zuzka(former host of Bodyrock, her fitness name ZWOD)

Susan (StrongLikeSusan)
Old 01-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #89
country flag angela

angela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond reputeangela has a reputation beyond repute

I like it
Old 02-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #90
country flag Lopez

Update: 85 kg .

Happy with my gym results, gotten some progress.