MTF Fitness - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #61
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatennis View Post
100kg? i lift 100 lbs(pounds) at most.
Just to clarify, I'm talking about this exercise:

But yeah that's been a long-term goal of mine . Have just recently mustered enough motivation to start going to the gym on a regular basis. The first few weeks are a drag since I usually enjoy just playing some tennis/badminton/squash instead of working out, but once you get the rhythm going it's not that hard anymore. Plus it really helps to have goals and some sort of disclipined program.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #62
country flag octatennis

octatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond reputeoctatennis has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah i know, still is lot of weight at least for me, but i don't hit the gym that often. Going to give it a try.
octatennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #63
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

i train with this chicka

Old 12-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #64
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

So many set backs and so much sick bad luck in 2011. Will be starting next year in worst shape ever.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #65
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by octatennis View Post
Yeah i know, still is lot of weight at least for me, but i don't hit the gym that often. Going to give it a try.
A lot of it depends on your physique (sadly!). Some people are quite thin naturally and it's a lot tougher to get muscle... On the other hand, one can get into a great running condition and be able to run for miles.

My physique is naturally more broad shouldered and big overall, and I gain weight easily (which isn't nice when you're working at the office and eating buffet lunches every day ). Conversely, when I was in the best running shape of my life I only managed 3100m from the Cooper test. Now I don't even dare test .

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Old 12-21-2011, 04:09 PM   #66
country flag Lopez

Any tips on doing deadlifts? I sometimes have trouble holding on to bar when I'm doing big weights (for me at least ). E.g. when I do reps with 100kg I really have trouble holding on to the bar and have to regrip it every two reps or so. It's annoying

Old 12-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #67
country flag v-money

v-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond reputev-money has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Any tips on doing deadlifts? I sometimes have trouble holding on to bar when I'm doing big weights (for me at least ). E.g. when I do reps with 100kg I really have trouble holding on to the bar and have to regrip it every two reps or so. It's annoying
I just started lifting regularly a few weeks back and I had the same problem with deadlifts. I felt like my arms couldn't support the weight long before I feel anything in the glutes and hamstrings, but then I realized most of the pain was in my hands. I know its simple advice, but if you're not using gloves while lifting, you should consider making this inexpensive purchase. You could also use straps to strap your arms to the bar.

Another thing you could do is grip the bar with your palms facing away from your body. This may be easier to hold but try not to twist the wrist or lift with the arms while doing this hold. You still want to lift with the legs and just support the bar with your arms.

Lastly, you could just do a different exercise instead of the deadlift. Try rack pulls. They are practically the same thing but you can readjust your grip very easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar_pan View Post
Just keep [t]rolling Bernard, just keep [t]rolling my man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatchFederer View Post
Keep [t]rolling Bernard, keep [t]rolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
tomic just keep on [t]rolling
v-money is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #68
country flag Lopez

Thanks for the advice! I actually use gloves already for two reasons:
1. Don't want the skin on my palms to become rough
2. My wrists are quite weak and I have a previous wrist injury from tennis, so my gloves also have wrist support

I think I'll try the rack pulls some day at a gym where we have the proper equipment. The one closest to me is very simple, but then again I do almost all of my exercises with bar & weigths or with dumbells.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:05 AM   #69
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

If it's a simple grip issue then chalk should sort it.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:37 AM   #70
country flag @Sweet Cleopatra

@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute@Sweet Cleopatra has a reputation beyond repute

If you really want to spread enthusiasm and hunger for exercises through non-tennis, the first thing you should ask for is changing the color of non-tennis, thus the first thing every member sees once clicking non-tennis sub forum is a glory color that spreads activity and vitality. The current color isn't suitable for that, it's boring and ugly. I don't use the new layout because it makes me feel scared. I want the old layout with a new refreshing color in each sub-forum.

To understand more about this issue, read about color psychology, like this amazing research
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...tool=pmcentrez
................♥
..........♥.......... .............................♥ .
...........♥......... ..... ...........♥..♥.....♥....♥
..............♥...... ..... ........♥..........♥.........♥
..♥... ..... .........♥......♥..........♥
..................... ♥.... ...........♥♥........... ♥
..................... ....♥ ........♥♥...♥.....♥
..................... ..... .....♥........... ♥Rafa Fan 4ever
@Sweet Cleopatra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #71
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

[i]
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
If you really want to spread enthusiasm and hunger for exercises through non-tennis, the first thing you should ask for is changing the color of non-tennis, thus the first thing every member sees once clicking non-tennis sub forum is a glory color that spreads activity and vitality. The current color isn't suitable for that, it's boring and ugly. I don't use the new layout because it makes me feel scared. I want the old layout with a new refreshing color in each sub-forum.

To understand more about this issue, read about color psychology, like this amazing research
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...tool=pmcentrez
Dear Sweet Cleo

I would just to take this time to apologise for saying I hated colours in another thread. You caught me at a bad moment, a sporadic mood if you will. I assure you that these moments are occurring with less frequency as I seek help from anonymous caregivers.

So I am hereby offering my services in your quest to change this forum for the better. We DO need to brighten things up around here and you have a flawless suggestion just ready to go.

I am at your disposal.

Regards,

Hewitt=Legend

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:08 AM   #72
country flag Commander Data

Commander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond reputeCommander Data has a reputation beyond repute

I bench-press 115 kg. Do I get the title?

- Magnus Carlsen
Commander Data is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #73
country flag Garson007

Garson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond reputeGarson007 has a reputation beyond repute

You guys should join this website: http://www.fitocracy.com/

Maybe even create an MTF group and compete for your fellow forum users.

What it does is it gives you scores for doing exorcises. It works kinda like an MMO.
Garson007 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:08 AM   #74
country flag Lopez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
I bench-press 115 kg. Do I get the title?
For now in this thread . There are likely some other fitness buffs on MTF who will announce themselves soon though

Old 12-30-2011, 01:53 AM   #75
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure the arms don't move at all with deadlifts.

Do it right, the hips, the back, the core will love you. He explains the grip issue well.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote