MTF Fitness - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:51 AM   #31
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Fitness

I played Tennis with a mate today and again I choked like I always do. They always seem to go five sets between him and I.

I won the first set 6-2. I was on fire. I won the second set 7-5. I was serving for the match at 5-4 and had 2 match points, but got broken and lost the set 5-7.

I then lost the fourth set 0-6 as I was annoyed and wasn't concentrating.

The final set I held my first game and broke his first game to go 2-0 up. I got broken straight away and he held and it was 2-2. I got broken again 2-3 and he held serve to make it 2-4. I held serve and broke him to make it 4-4. We then held our service games to 77. I made it 87 holding serve and thne I had 3 match points on his serve, but blew them all with unforced errors. I then got broken and lost 10-8.

Should never have gone five matches.

Anyway to top off the exercise today, I'm going to have sex tonight with a girl I've been casually seeing for the last month. Sex is good for fitness. If you have a lot of sex, you will burn the calories.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #32
country flag Seingeist

Seingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond reputeSeingeist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolar Bolabi View Post
Anyway to top off the exercise today, I'm going to have sex tonight with a girl I've been casually seeing for the last month.
I was surprised to see that you didn't punctuate this with self-directed "worship" smilies.
Seingeist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #33
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

i'm gonna watch an episode or two of Two And a Half Men

expecting to burn some 100-150 kcal

tomorrow morning i'm going to drink my own piss, i heard it's good for health (only the first morning piss)
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:02 PM   #34
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumpdasco View Post
I usually run a couple miles every day and do some yoga, but the weather here is too cold and I hate running in the cold, so I've been doing the 30 Day Shred to keep myself in shape and going to the campus gym.

30 Day Shred is really intense, I wasn't very fit on the first day when I started and I couldn't finish, my entire body hurt and I felt like barfing every time I even looked at food for the rest of the day. But once I got the hang of it, it's a great workout and I always feel great when I finish.

Other than running when it's warm, I like to go out and play tennis if I have a partner, and if not, I go home and hit against the brick garage in the lot next door. Good practice, because the wall is like playing Ferrer
What is the 30 Day Shred? Sounds very interesting.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #35
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

I used to be very fit but ever since I developed chronic patellar tendonitis I have never been the same (pain has mostly gone away now, but I get the 'grinding' feeling/sound). Lately I have been feeling a little tightness and pain in my achilles, which I'm a bit concerned about.

I play tennis 2-3 times a week to maintain my current fitness levels, and I'm looking to cycle a lot more so that I can gradually see an overall improvement. Hopefully this will also strengthen my knees.

As for stature, I am very similar to Henry C, with a high metabolism. Like him, I am actually looking for ways to put weight on (lucky, huh!) rather than lose it.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:54 PM   #36
country flag Bolar Bolabi

Bolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond reputeBolar Bolabi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishingmove View Post
tomorrow morning i'm going to drink my own piss, i heard it's good for health (only the first morning piss)
It helps your immune system and it's beneficial if you drink it everyday.

What you're supposed to do is put some ice cubes in to chill it or put it in the fridge. Then you pinch your nose and drink it.

I've never done it, but Jim Stynes (an AFL legend here in Australia) did it when he had Cancer.

Winner: Sydney
SF: Kooyong

Bolar Bolabi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #37
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

I played some Mario Kart just then.. really keeps the phalanges in the fingers strong... I'm pretty tired now though.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #38
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

6-3, 4-6, 7-5.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #39
country flag GhostUnholy

GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Can never seem to get a decent run in the gym going. Something always comes up to fuck my routine so my progress is pretty slow.

Fucked my ankle playing football on Monday night. That's just the latest example. On crutches now so no gym for a while.
I struggled with pateller tendonitis for a couple years so I can relate, but eventually you realize you just need other ways of getting cardio. Started doing a lot of rowing, and circuits involving intervals of primarily upper body stuff (climbing, med ball stuff, interspersed sets of pushups and pullups, deadlifts with rep structure focused on cardio, etc.)

Also, youre lucky to have a metabolism like that :P
At 6'1"/185cm, 195lbs/88kg, and with a demanding training schedule, I can still only eat about 2800-3200 cals/day for maintenance. I can only do 4000+ if I'm getting in 3-4 hours of training or competition
GhostUnholy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:15 PM   #40
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

Run every morning for an hour (at least), and usually every night at the gym for 30 minutes-1 hour, eat lots of oatmeal, drink lots of water, cardio exercises. Nothing special.
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #41
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostUnholy View Post
Also, youre lucky to have a metabolism like that :P
Why you think he is? Isn't it better to eat less and have a good weight instead of eating more to get the same results?
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 12:33 AM   #42
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo View Post
How you do this when you work a lot or being outside most of the day?

I know about this problem. It makes you go crazy.

If I'm going to be out all day I'll pack a container filled with peanuts/cashews, a few bananas and some home made protein bars.

Lot of calories there without taking up space but yes you're right, it is very tough when you're on the move.

I'm only working bits and pieces freelance right now so it's a lot easier now because I'm home most of the day.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:11 AM   #43
country flag Black Adam

Black Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Adam has a reputation beyond repute

I have come to think it's easier to do muscle/body fat ratio instead. Hell i'm heavy but solid muscle underneath.

Currently 15% body fat; need to get to at least 9. I upped my protein intake to match my 220 pounds.
Quote:
Pele was the black Rooney
Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
"We must always remember that all human beings begin life as a feces. A Feces is a living being in the eyes of God, who has endowed that feces with all of the rights and God-given blessings of any other human being."
Black Adam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 07:38 AM   #44
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

I also have a fast metabolism, when I was pregnant I gained about 20-25 pounds but 12 of those went out with the twins, two months into breastfeeding and I was back on my original weight, in fact I lost a lot during that period.

I'm around 1.75m and I've never weighted more than 62kg, most of the time I'm in 60. (my lowest weight was 54kg for 1.70, when I hit my growing spurt at 15/16)

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:53 AM   #45
country flag Filo V.
Banned!

Filo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond reputeFilo V. has a reputation beyond repute

In any effort to get the facial structure I want with the perfect toned and tightness, I've cut back on most foods. Basically, I only eat oatmeal, egg whites (and occasionally the yolks), fruits, vegetables, salads, lean meats, fish and occasionally beans. And just have that over and over. That combined with the running I do every morning, and I've lost a lot of weight and basically none of my clothes fit me.

A lot of people, especially men, think that muscles or an obsession with body fat percentage makes them fit or makes them look good, but really, the key to being fit isn't about working out, it's about what you eat, portioning it and cutting back on bad foods. Working out enhances the looks. And by working out, I mean cardio exercises. Cardio is more important than generic muscle mass strongman exercises. That is what will give a person real fitness, both inside and outside.

I get sort of sad not eating some of the foods I want to eat, but then I think about being ugly if I did eat bad foods, so it's fine. I just starting cutting off my beloved garlic bread
Filo V. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote