MTF Fitness - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-26-2011, 07:22 PM   #16
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MTF Fitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
Thanks for the thread, Jon!!! An incentive for me to get back to exercise.

With my wonky ankles, knees and hip, and I can't swim to save my life so yoga is my choice of exercise now but I really need to get my behind back on my WiiFit
Yoga? When I look at some yoga pics it appears one must be super fit to practise it I don't think I'm stretched enough.

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2011, 07:31 PM   #17
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
Yoga? When I look at some yoga pics it appears one must be super fit to practise it I don't think I'm stretched enough.
Practise, practise, practise. It's so embarrassing when I first tried the tree pose so it's all good that with WiiFit, I can be all alone. Nobody is allowed to be around when I practise yoga
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #18
country flag ariel2

ariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond reputeariel2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day-to-Day Training Regiment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
This is a good idea

MTF, what do you do for exercise?
Johnny G, I don't know you at all - Hi. Please note that you opened up the exercise floor to MTF members in your first intro post. No need to do it again

I think this is a great idea for a thread but as others have said, update us with the non-routine and we'll supply the rest.

I'm addicted to cycling and gym fitness, especially the stair climber. Since my knees won't allow me to run, I can burn up and sweat out the same calories doing stair climbing. And I like that I'm part of a small group of stair groupies who hang out while waiting for one of the two machines to free up. Need to start with the upper body now. Easier said than done.
ariel2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:54 PM   #19
country flag Arkulari
Faithful Txurigorri

Arkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond reputeArkulari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudygirl View Post
I just don't know where you get the time Nat. You are super woman!!
well, my days usually have 19-20 hours of vigil, so if you distribute the time accordingly, you can do it

it's not as if I do archery, squash, go to the pool and the weight lifting in the same day, some days I just do pilates because I can't do anything else

Arkulari is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:42 AM   #20
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

I usually run a couple miles every day and do some yoga, but the weather here is too cold and I hate running in the cold, so I've been doing the 30 Day Shred to keep myself in shape and going to the campus gym.

30 Day Shred is really intense, I wasn't very fit on the first day when I started and I couldn't finish, my entire body hurt and I felt like barfing every time I even looked at food for the rest of the day. But once I got the hang of it, it's a great workout and I always feel great when I finish.

Other than running when it's warm, I like to go out and play tennis if I have a partner, and if not, I go home and hit against the brick garage in the lot next door. Good practice, because the wall is like playing Ferrer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:55 AM   #21
country flag ibreak4coffee

ibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond reputeibreak4coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else here by chance training for the New York City marathon? I just started my training and would love to share schedules/tips etc...
ibreak4coffee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 04:27 AM   #22
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is the thread where buddyholly will post; other threads he'd say are unnecessary, irrelevant and childish:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=178055
Can you correct this link? I'm dying to know.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #23
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

A nice idea

I've been trying to get myself back into shape as well. Let myself go a bit during the summer and fall and weighed 87 kg. I've always been a bit heavy for my height, I'm 180cm. In my army days everybody marvelled at how thin I was and my weight was actually 78 kg . Never been that thin in my adult life though. 87 kg is a bit too much however, so I'm now losing some. I'm down to just under 84 kg in a few weeks . My goal is to reach around 81-82 kg.

I've also stepped up and started to hit the gym again. A year or so back I was in the best muscular shape of my life but then I injured my wrist and stopped doing sports for a while. Now I'm back training again and slowly reaching top form again .

I hit the gym 3-4 times a week and play tennis 1-3 times during the week. I occasionally play badminton as well. I hate running long distance, so jogging is not for me. Thinking about starting to play basketball in a students' group, I used to play when I was younger.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #24
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
Can you correct this link? I'm dying to know.
It was a Eurovision new thread but it got merged with the old one

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #25
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It was a Eurovision new thread but it got merged with the old one
When that old thread pops up I feel that Spring is just around the corner....................so exhilarating.

Nice to see that this one has become a general discussion. I think it is better for it.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:09 PM   #26
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Martial arts as exercise?
+1, more because of personal experience
Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post

Pub crawl, not brawl for me

I don't do fitness myself as my patella tendon is so extended that it had to be strengthened by a thigh muscle and if this muscle tears I cannot walk anymore. That happened once and I don't need it a second time. So my "fitness" program is walking, and sometimes carrying heavy luggage upstairs and downstairs on train stations.

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 09:39 PM   #27
country flag Jelena

Jelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond reputeJelena has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_is_onUSA View Post
I'm curious about why you think practicing martial arts for exercise is (or strange or?) I've really never heard that before.

About what? My joke?

My serious response to the pub brawl comment is that I'm trained in Tae Kwon Do and it is never to be used offensively. I'm honestly confused about any form of martial arts being associated with pub brawling or having a negative connotation.
check your pms

Bolo Zenden, Bobo Gille, Zlatan
Jelena is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:57 PM   #28
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see this thread took off a bit

How is this for fitness, a 3+ hour match today. I won 1-6, 6-2, 6-7(3), 6-4, 7-6(4)

Served for the 3rd set twice, at 5-4 and 6-5, had 2 set points, couldn't get it done, was down 2-4 in the 4th, came back, down 0-2 in the 5th, came back and won it in the tiebreak on my 5th match point
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #29
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Generally go to the gym 3 times a week for basic strength training (compund stuff; squats, deadlifts, presses)

Also play 5 aside football twice a week for cardio. Haven't been playing tennis at all lately.

other days i either do some stretching, core work or lie around in an hungover coma.

I eat 5/6 meals a day, totaling about 4000 calories (not including whatever sugary crap I east for dessert, probably hit closer to 5k most days all inclusive. Always try get my 5 portions of fruit/veg in too.

My metabolism is crazy fast. I weigh 73kg (1.76m). Want to get up to 76/77.

Can never seem to get a decent run in the gym going. Something always comes up to fuck my routine so my progress is pretty slow.

Fucked my ankle playing football on Monday night. That's just the latest example. On crutches now so no gym for a while.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #30
country flag Bilbo

Bilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond reputeBilbo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
I eat 5/6 meals a day, totaling about 4000 calories (not including whatever sugary crap I east for dessert, probably hit closer to 5k most days all inclusive. Always try get my 5 portions of fruit/veg in too.
How you do this when you work a lot or being outside most of the day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Can never seem to get a decent run in the gym going. Something always comes up to fuck my routine so my progress is pretty slow.
I know about this problem. It makes you go crazy.
Bilbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote