So, what's your take on the pro-Israel lobby in the USA? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2011, 05:38 PM   #16
country flag Sapeod
77 years later...

Sapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond reputeSapeod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So, what's your take on the pro-Israel lobby in the USA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
because i find it interesting. besides, this is more about the US than about Israel. now, why do we have so many of your threads?
Because I'm an interesting poster?
I have 2 threads about me...my predictions one and my Q&A one....2 totally different ones.

If you want to post Israeli threads then fine...I'm just wondering why we need so many Israeli/USA threads...

SLAMS: 2 WINS, 5 finals, 7 semi-finals, 7 quarter-finals...
MASTERS: 9 WINS, 3 finals, 8 semi-finals, 17 quarter-finals...
WTF: 3 semi-finals...
OLYMPICS: 1 gold, 1 silver...
CAREER PRIZE MONEY: $32,454,018 (5th of all time)
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 460-146...
TITLES: 28 and counting...
Sapeod is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2011, 08:57 PM   #17
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

It's weird now anyone who wants to run for the presidency has to make a trip to Israel. What's up with that ? I read on CNN a few likely candidates for 2012 making plans for an obligatory trip to Israel. In fact it was the fact that they were even planning to visit Israel that piqued the interest of the media and put them on the 2012 column . I find that very strange If they'd come to England no one would have even noticed ...well aside from Sarah Palin who is rumoured to make a trip here soon
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 PM   #18
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
it tells a lot that you think this way... but it's not surprising to hear it coming from you. after all, your buddy who sides with you even called him the 'judenrat'...
I wasn't expressing an opinion of Chomsky. I was expressing an opinion of you.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:29 PM   #19
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

buddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond reputebuddyholly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
...well aside from Sarah Palin who is rumoured to make a trip here soon
She's going to the wedding? What a snub to the Obamas.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #20
country flag Allez

Allez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond reputeAllez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
She's going to the wedding? What a snub to the Obamas.
No she has not been invited to the wedding as far as I know. The Obamas are making a state visit in May. The Mama Grizzly won't visit before then I'm sure. That would be unseemly
Allez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:50 PM   #21
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Business wise for countries like Britain the pro-Israel sympathy of the USA should provide many good opportunities for the non-US world.

Saudia Arabia and a number of Arab states have vast spending power for civilian and military purchases. Surely they would prefer to be supplied by an Arab friendly country like Britain which overall is more sympathetic to the Arabs than the Israelis.

Strategically for Britain and the rest of Europe it is essential that a strongly pro-Arab policy is adopted. We depend heavily on their oil for our wealth and they are significant consumers of our goods. In 1973 the west paid a very heavy price for failing to support the Arabs in the Yom Kippur war and we all faced massive hikes in the price of oil and a severe economic recession. Basically we all paid the price of the US pro-Israel policy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1973_oil_crisis
DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #22
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post

In 1973 the west paid a very heavy price for failing to support the Arabs in the Yom Kippur war and we all faced massive hikes in the price of oil and a severe economic recession. Basically we all paid the price of the US pro-Israel policy.
You say that Britain didn't support the Arabs and the price for failing to give support was oil hikes. Then you blame the oil hikes on the US.

If you take into consideration that Israel was attacked and the West's main enemy, the Soviet Union, was arming the Arabs, then it becomes clear that supporting the Arabs was never an option.

Last edited by buddyholly : 02-21-2011 at 10:12 PM.
buddyholly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #23
country flag DrJules

DrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond reputeDrJules has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyholly View Post
You say that Britain didn't support the Arabs and the price for failing to give support was oil hikes. Then you blame the oil hikes on the US.
I accept Western Europe was to blame for following the pro-Israeli policy, but the pro-Israeli policy was a US policy not a policy in the interest or created by Western Europe. NATO was probably and rightly too important for Western Europe to have issues with the US over the Middle East that could damage the very important.
DrJules is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 PM   #24
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Donating billions of $ to such a wealthy country is most Why does american citizens stand for it?
Mjau! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #25
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

It serves as a distraction for the crazies in the mideast, (partly) diverting them from turning their zeal elsewhere.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #26
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

interesting op-ed about AIPAC

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opi...342193909.html
Old 11-21-2011, 02:58 AM   #27
country flag Mjau!

Mjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond reputeMjau! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
According to the study of JJ Goldberg, around 45% and 25% of the funding of the Democratic and Republican party respectively came from pro Israel Action Groups. Given that those two parties control the nation, it's no wonder to realize why America has adopted such a pro-Israel stance over the years.
And that doesn't include the huge umbrella corporation known as the military industrial complex that supports the Israel lobby because they profit from their conflicts.

94% of the time, the candidate that raises the most money wins. The obvious result is democracy being sold off to the highest bidders. Look at Obama and Golman Sachs, or Obama and green tech. Blatant corruption.

The MSM is also interlocked with the MIC. No wonder they ridicule and/or ignore candidates that oppose the war machine, like Kucinich and Paul.

Hilarious example of media bias:

Dutch documentary on AIPAC

How the “special relationship” was created
http://www.councilforthenationalinte...elrelationship

This is nuts.

Quote:
"Every candidate for Congress at that time had a pledge. They were given a pledge to sign ... that had Jerusalem as the capital city," McKinney said in an interview with Press TV on Sunday.

"You make a commitment that you would vote to support the military superiority of Israel that the economic assistant that Israel wants that you would vote to provide that," she added.

McKinney said that if a candidate does not sign the pledge or perform accordingly, "then you do not get money to run your campaign."

Recommended reading:

'The israel lobby' by Mearsheimer & Walt

'They dare to speak out' by Paul Findley
Old 11-21-2011, 03:02 AM   #28
country flag Mjau!

Peace, Propaganda & the Promised Land is too.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:18 AM   #29
country flag Mjau!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjau! View Post
Dutch documentary on AIPAC
Richard Perle co-authored this paper to Bibi in 1996.

A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm

Quote:
Israel can shape its strategic environment, in cooperation with Turkey and Jordan, by weakening, containing, and even rolling back Syria. This effort can focus on removing Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq — an important Israeli strategic objective in its own right — as a means of foiling Syria’s regional ambitions. Jordan has challenged Syria's regional ambitions recently by suggesting the restoration of the Hashemites in Iraq. This has triggered a Jordanian-Syrian rivalry to which Asad has responded by stepping up efforts to destabilize the Hashemite Kingdom, including using infiltrations. Syria recently signaled that it and Iran might prefer a weak, but barely surviving Saddam, if only to undermine and humiliate Jordan in its efforts to remove Saddam.

But Syria enters this conflict with potential weaknesses: Damascus is too preoccupied with dealing with the threatened new regional equation to permit distractions of the Lebanese flank. And Damascus fears that the 'natural axis' with Israel on one side, central Iraq and Turkey on the other, and Jordan, in the center would squeeze and detach Syria from the Saudi Peninsula. For Syria, this could be the prelude to a redrawing of the map of the Middle East which would threaten Syria's territorial integrity.

Since Iraq's future could affect the strategic balance in the Middle East profoundly, it would be understandable that Israel has an interest in supporting the Hashemites in their efforts to redefine Iraq, including such measures as: visiting Jordan as the first official state visit, even before a visit to the United States, of the new Netanyahu government; supporting King Hussein by providing him with some tangible security measures to protect his regime against Syrian subversion; encouraging — through influence in the U.S. business community — investment in Jordan to structurally shift Jordan’s economy away from dependence on Iraq; and diverting Syria’s attention by using Lebanese opposition elements to destabilize Syrian control of Lebanon.

Most important, it is understandable that Israel has an interest supporting diplomatically, militarily and operationally Turkey’s and Jordan’s actions against Syria, such as securing tribal alliances with Arab tribes that cross into Syrian territory and are hostile to the Syrian ruling elite.
http://www.iasps.org/strat1.htm
Old 11-21-2011, 04:02 AM   #30
country flag buddyholly
RAVE ON

Cynthia McKinney!

Well known loony conspiracy theorist.

Career came to an abrupt halt when she punched a security guard in Washington for doing his job.