Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #31
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer's fortune is worth $210-$315 million USD

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennMirnyi View Post

What a shit world we live in where tennis players get rich like this.
I feel that way more in regards to actors and models.
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 AM   #32
country flag delpiero7

delpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond reputedelpiero7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
bullshit

tell me Wozniacki is deserving of 300 mill
She isn't, but seeing as the legend Phil 'The Power' Taylor has won 15 World Champs as compared to Federer's 16 GSs, he is deserving of having a net worth which is 15/16ths of Federer's.
delpiero7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 02:20 AM   #33
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delpiero7 View Post
She isn't, but seeing as the legend Phil 'The Power' Taylor has won 15 World Champs as compared to Federer's 16 GSs, he is deserving of having a net worth which is 15/16ths of Federer's.
bollocks

it depends on the popularity of the sport. for one thing if the 'sport' of darts was as popular as tennis, taylor would have much more competition and probably wouldn't have 15 world champs. more importantly, the prize money is directly correlated to the popularity of the sport and quite frankly, almost nobody cares about fucking darts
Old 02-20-2011, 03:10 AM   #34
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by delpiero7 View Post
That's modern day sport for you, mate.

In terms of money earned directly from the sport (ie in prize money), tennis doesn't come close to sports such as football (both proper and the American eggthrow) basketball, baseball etc.

Other than those at the very top of tennis, the rest of the guys pretty much rely on getting results on the court to make decent money. I guarantee that the 100th ranked tennis player earns at least 10x (maybe even closer to 20x) less per year than the 100th best footballer/basketball player/baseball player.
I know life isn't easy for lower-ranked players. It's a shame, by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburII View Post
its not that much imo. I think he probably has much more than this
It is too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
I'm ok with that, he's earned it.
And when you become n#1 in the world at something you deserve that much.
He's "earned" it?

He hits a bloody tennis ball, for f***'s sake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
I feel that way more in regards to actors and models.
Of course.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:14 AM   #35
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

He'll need all of that money and more to keep Mirka fed. No wonder the poor guy is planning to play till he's 35
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 03:19 AM   #36
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He's "earned" it?

He hits a bloody tennis ball, for f***'s sake!
He does it better than anybody else out there. And he has done it for so many years.

Look, the market decides what any profession is worth. And the market may not always seem fair, but its open.

You want to make this kind of money, go play tennis that well and you'll make it too.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:23 AM   #37
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
He does it better than anybody else out there. And he has done it for so many years.

Look, the market decides what any profession is worth. And the market may not always seem fair, but its open.

You want to make this kind of money, go play tennis that well and you'll make it too.
So what? He's just a tennis player.

The market... well the market should be subordinated to the well being of the people. Shouldn't someone who has studied years and years earn more than someone who only plays a sport? I think so.

I have no need for millions and millions.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:26 AM   #38
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The market... well the market should be subordinated to the well being of the people.
Yeah right, because communism has worked so well in human history!

Quote:
Shouldn't someone who has studied years and years earn more than someone who only plays a sport? I think so.
You think so and you are entitled to an opinion.

I studied years software engineering / programming in school / university. I can code. That's my skill.

Who decides if my skill is worth more than hitting a tennis balls? The market.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:51 AM   #39
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Yeah right, because communism has worked so well in human history!

You think so and you are entitled to an opinion.

I studied years software engineering / programming in school / university. I can code. That's my skill.

Who decides if my skill is worth more than hitting a tennis balls? The market.
In communism there's no "market". What's your point?

I guess you're fine with the concept of a tennis player earning more than a physician. Hitting balls >>> saving lives. Great stuff.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:53 AM   #40
country flag Sri

Quote:
In communism there's no "market". What's your point.

I guess you're fine with the concept of a tennis player earning more than a physician. Hitting balls >>> saving lives. Great stuff.
Yes I'm okay with it, as long as every individual is free to choose what he/she does for a living.

And I'm sure I don't want to pay a physician per hour what a sponsor pays Federer per hour for an event.
Old 02-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #41
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Yes I'm okay with it, as long as every individual is free to choose what he/she does for a living.

And I'm sure I don't want to pay a physician per hour what a sponsor pays Federer per hour for an event.

Most people can't choose what they do for a living. I'd say 95% of the world just do whatever they can to see the next day.

Who cares about sponsors? Tennis was much better before it became just about money.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:06 AM   #42
country flag Sri

Quote:
Most people can't choose what they do for a living. I'd say 95% of the world just do whatever they can to see the next day.
Yes they can. It is about taking responsibility for your own actions and not blaming circumstances, bad luck, religion, zodiac sign, astrology, god, parents, siblings, UFOs, government or whatever.

Quote:
Who cares about sponsors? Tennis was much better before it became just about money.
Thank god we have a free market! :-)
Old 02-20-2011, 05:34 AM   #43
country flag Sunset of Age
Anathemaniac

Sunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond reputeSunset of Age has a reputation beyond repute

All You Need is CASH.

Whatever, Fedsie has earned his bunch of $$$$ by hard work & talent.

Am I still here? As one, with The Fear?
Am I still alive? I'm still f*cking ... Here...!"

"The Storm Before The Calm"

Anathema

Into music of the PROG-Dorky-kind? visit my blog or MTF's Prog Rock Thread.
Sunset of Age is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #44
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by piratesswoop View Post
lol at nadal making "only" $27 million

Good for Roger. He invests alot into his charity foundation too which is great.
Only. Winning 3 slams and earning that amount is a poor marketing performance. Sharapova earned around $22 million last year without ever reaching a quarterfinals of a slam.

Nishikori, Berankis, Raonic, Kuznetsov, Dimitrov

thegreendestiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 05:45 AM   #45
country flag Sri

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendestiny View Post
Only. Winning 3 slams and earning that amount is a poor marketing performance. Sharapova earned around $22 million last year without ever reaching a quarterfinals of a slam.
Do females make more than male players when it comes to sponsorships or is Sharapova an oddity. I'm guessing Federer's brand value is the highest but please don't tell me Sharapova is #2.