Originally Posted by decrepitude
I don't like putting in current players, I may change my mind about them at any given time.
Yep, fully agree with that. Hence, only retired players on my dislike-list:
1. Ion Tiriac
- Maffioso, thinks everything's for sale. And unfortunately, a lot indeed is
2. Ilie Nastase
- truly annoying, served his nick 'Nasty' very well indeed
3. Michael Chang
- yep, your victories have nothing to do with talent, hard working, and not to forget, a good dose of LUCK - it's all due to god loving you more than your opponent. Lucky bum, having such a god behind him. And that with a terrible, boring,
-inducing playing style. God has no taste in tennis.
4. Marcello Rios
- jerk, enough said.
5. Mariano Puerta
- doper, robbed Davydenko of a well-deserved GS final
6. Richard Krajicek
- annoying one-dimensional player, big mouth as a player, even bigger mouth as a tournament director
7. Marc Phillipousis
- another one-dimensional serve-only 'player'. And apparently he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed...
8. Dani Koellerer
8. André Agassi
- 'image is everything'. Unfortunately, true. Everything
was fake about this fellow!
I won't include 'personalities' Johnny Mac and Jimbo Connors in my list, even if their behaviour on court was pretty much atrocious at plenty of times. Apart from the fact they were truly amazing tennis players, my early memories of watching them on the telly as a little kiddie are too dear to me, especially when they played each other - including the 'verbal hitting'.
Originally Posted by Shambritfan
Vlademyros Mavropoulos-Stoliarenko from the United States for having the most unpronounceable name in the history of everything.