***Roger to revolutionize Arabia with a 5th amendment! --The official Dubai thread*** - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-23-2011, 12:45 PM   #46
country flag Eden
Team Rogerin :-)

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***Roger to revolutionize Arabia with a 5th amendment! --The official Dubai threa

Short interview after the match:

Press conference:

DUBAI DUTY FREE TENNIS CHAMPIONSHIPS MEN

February 22, 2011

Roger Federer

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

R. FEDERER/S. Devvarman
6-3, 6-3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Good way to get into the tournament.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, like I said on the court, I think it's always pretty tough starting here in Dubai. The ball flies quite a bit. Either you come from the indoors, and then it's obviously completely different. Even me who's practiced here so many times and been here a week now, you almost feel like you're rusty but you're not. You know, when the ball has a lot topspin and you don't quite catch it right, it flies out two feet meters. It can take away your confidence. It's tricky.
I've had some tough ones over the years here actually in the early round. That's why I don't judge my first rounds too harshly or whatever. It's about coming through and giving yourself a second chance the next day and then kind of move on in the draw.
Then if you're in the quarters or the semis, this is when I expect myself to play much better. But early on it's really about hopefully playing the right way and moving on in the draw.

Q. Were you surprised by the amount of fight he put up?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, first rounds, honestly, I always expect tough matches. Not that I expect easier ones in the quarters, because usually the opponents are stronger. But, look, I've never played him before, so the last thing I was going to do was underestimate him.
He's a good player. He's been in the finals of Johannesburg which I guess also flies quite a bit. I think it's a pretty quick court as well. And then from what I've heard, and as he showed tonight, I think a faster court actually suits his game quite a bit. You know, it gives him a little bit more on his serve. He counter-punches well, so if he goes through the ball it has more pace on it and so forth.
That's why I knew I had to be careful. He had once chance in the second set to go a break ahead. Those are the little opportunities, if he starts taking them, the match can take a different turn. But I was able to avoid it and in the end play a solid match.

Q. Seemed like 2-2 was the key. Could have got up 3-1 there, right?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I mean, I had my chances earlier too. I could have probably been out of that match also a bit earlier. I had quite a few break chances that I didn't make.
So all in all, I think the result is fair. I was able to play aggressive and serve well when I had to, and it was a decent match.

Q. Overall between playing nighttime and daytime, do you have a presence?

ROGER FEDERER: Here?

Q. Overall.

ROGER FEDERER: I always used to like playing at night, you know. But then again, day is just as friendly, too. I like playing day. I guess at night you get a bit more electrifying crowds. And especially here in this part of the world, daytime is not really show time. It's usually at night. That's why I'm happy to play whenever is primetime in whatever country it is.
Obviously I think as a top player or professional player, you have to be able to play in the wind, play at night, play during the day, play on clay, play on grass. You have to be able to do it all. So after so many years, honestly, whatever is the primetime I guess is the best time.

Q. Living here, do you watch other sports? Did you come and watch Tiger playing golf a week or so ago?

ROGER FEDERER: No, I missed him, but I went there once when Gillette launched with Thierry Henry as well and stuff.
Honestly, I don't go and watch too many other sports when I'm here. I like to just stay calm in the flat and the tennis courts and, you know, go to the malls or go to the restaurants and spend some time with the kids at swimming pools, parks, and so forth. So honestly I don't do a whole lot when I'm here.
But then I have many friends always coming by, and I obviously spend a lot of time with those. That's kind of fun at well.

Q. In some ways, does it feel like playing at home?

ROGER FEDERER: Um you know, Switzerland is my home and it will always be, and this is where I'm going to grow old. So Switzerland for me is obviously the place.
Honestly, I really enjoy being here. It works really well during the hardcourt season from like - when is it - beginning of the American summer until sort of about this time around. Then we go on clay and grass and stuff and I'm in Europe more often.
But I'm happy I chose Dubai as a base, a practice base or as a going-through place for me to the rest of world. It's a good location. I don't regret it, of course.

Q. How did it occur in the first place?

ROGER FEDERER: Here?

Q. Yeah.

ROGER FEDERER: Came on vacation I think back in 2004. And then when I came on the way back from Bangkok when I beat Roddick, I think, in the finals there, I came through Dubai. Met up with Tony Roche for a practice session, sort of an undercover operation. (Smiling.) I thought it was a direct flight for him, and let's meet here and do a few days together.
I remember it was brutally hot, I think like 39 degrees every day. Had a good time practicing. You know, it was peace and quiet and I kind of enjoyed it here. I think I came back one more time for vacation and practiced some more. I was like, You know, I think this works well for practice and leisure.
The next thing I knew, I had an apartment. It all happened quite quickly, to be honest. You know, it was funny how it all worked out.

Q. Can you comment on the situation Asian's men's tennis compared to seven, eight years ago? Are they getting more and are they getting better?

ROGER FEDERER: Um, I have to think back what happened seven years ago. But, I mean, I guess at the very top we used to have Srichaphan, you know, so that was obviously good for Asia.
But obviously there are many countries in the continent of Asia, and that's why you hope there's a few of each country. I think it's been somewhat up and down in some countries because the depth has not quite what France or Spain or America has where you always have a few guys around.
Maybe still in this part of the world you have maybe one, or maybe max two. I think that's -- I don't want to say that's the problem, but that's like smaller countries in Europe. We have that problem because maybe not too many rivalries with other sports or just not enough talent maybe.
But I think it's getting there on the women's side in China now. There are other things coming along in other countries with more tournaments. I've tried to promote tennis in this region of the world as much as I could by opening Centre Court, Shanghai, Qizhong, and go to play XOs as well with Sampras at the end of a long, grueling season and so forth. So I really try hard. Whenever there is usually Asian tournaments I ry to play them as well, like Abu Dhabi, Qatar, here in Dubai as well.
I think it's important that the top guys come around here. It's also understandable that some can't. At least top guys now usually play a full schedule from January to November and don't miss out on any seasons, like the American summer or the Asian swing.
I think it's kind of working well now on the men's tour, to be honest.

Q. What sets this tournament apart from most of the others, if there is anything?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, in regard to the award tonight or just in general?

Q. Just generally. You've come here so many times.

ROGER FEDERER: Well, yeah, I mean, I think at the end of the day every tournament has its own charm. You know, it's mean to have a ranking saying like this is better than the other. I'm sure some are run very professionally. I mean, I'm sure every tournament's worked on throughout the year to make it perfect for one week; it's a pretty tough job.
I speak obviously to many of the tournaments directors. The players and kind of the tournament directors, we go hand in hand , you know, because we somewhat need each other to make it all work for media and fans and so forth.
But, look, here I think they work extremely hard. They're very well-organized, professional. I think it has a nice feeling as well of it being a tennis club. I'm a member here. They gave me an honorary membership when I beat Connors' record here I remember still on center court.
I think it has a nice charm to it here. And I think over the years, really now the fans that flock to the stadium are quite excited that tennis is here. I think I that's another nice thing that speaks for Dubai. Then they usually always have a good field. They make a lot players come here.
Over the years, it's become one the most prestigious tournaments to win. I'm happy to see it grow like that.

End of FastScripts

Source: http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=69158
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2011, 06:16 PM   #47
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ***Roger to revolutionize Arabia with a 5th amendment! --The official Dubai threa

^^Great read.

Well, Roger needs to focus a little bit better here on.
He reached Jesus Fed mode for three points in the second and then blew them up losing his focus and the game.

Roger, its just you and the ball, mate! There-is-no-player.

THE NOSE WILL PREVAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
FEDERER GASQUET NALBANDIANGOFFIN
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #48
country flag Eden

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

Walk on for today's match

Set 1

Set 2

Old 02-23-2011, 09:30 PM   #49
country flag Eden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommella View Post
Did Djokovic really say that of Mirka? If he did, he's an even bigger ass than I thought. Hope Fed makes him pay for that comment.
Read the "Funny videos" thread on GM. There you find the interview where the statement is from.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:44 AM   #50
country flag dabeast

dabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond reputedabeast has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for putting up the highlights Eden Milk is one hell of a vidder!

This Granola has the weirdest-looking technique, real awkward to watch haha...Dancing Fed in yellow
dabeast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 12:36 PM   #51
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

GOD Please Bless Roger play his best tennis today!!

Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:33 PM   #52
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Roger in the Semis!!
Keep going. Allezzzzzzzz Rogggerrr
Fed_Ds is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 06:58 PM   #53

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Now the first big test! Gasquet the Garrulous!

THE NOSE WILL PREVAIL

Quote:
Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 PM   #54
country flag Eden

Presser from yesterday's match:

February 23, 2011

Roger Federer

DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES

R. FEDERER/M Granollers
6-3, 6-4

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. We were very disappointed you didn't play your shot through your legs, your hot dog.

ROGER FEDERER: It was too short. Too much time to move around. Happy I won it, though.

Q. It was a good one, though.

ROGER FEDERER: I don't know, was it a forehand? I don't know. Felt more like a forehand, yeah. Happens all so quick.

Q. You said after your match against Somdev that you were just sort of pleased to have got through the first round, however you did it, but you wanted to progress and get better as the tournament went on. How do you feel you went in that direction tonight?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, same thing again, an opponent that I've never played before. Same thing in the quarters. So it's an interesting tournament I think from this regard.
Other than that, I thought today I had chances like in the first round to win it easier. I think obviously the opportunity I had at 4-2, Love-40 after playing such a good game, you know, to end up sort of losing it -- you know there was disappointing shots and of course he served a few good serves, but I think really I should have won that game and gone on to serve it out after that.
But I was able to serve out regardless. I don't think I faced any breakpoints today. I'm not quite sure. But I felt like I was in control and had the opportunities to mix it up from the baseline. I had the feeling I was moving a bit better and just seeing the ball better, and that comes obviously through having played already one match already here yesterday.
I'm pleased with tonight's performance, really.

Q. Roger, it's a six-day tournament with a Saturday final. You start the tournament yesterday, so you basically have to play every day from yesterday.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah.

Q. How do you think it's different compared to a seven-day tournament?

ROGER FEDERER: Not quite different. I mean, I used to play six in seven days, you know, if you remember back at the how, did you say, the Masters Series events when we had bigger draws and no byes for the top seeds. You know, that was tough, six in a row, obviously, and then one day of travel and maybe six again.
So that was something we got rid of, and I think which does something good for the players. Obviously I understand what Saturday means here in this part of the world. Sunday is like our Monday, so it doesn't really quite make a whole lot of sense to have it on the Sunday here.
Sure, it's tough for us, so you want to try to avoid playing tough matches early on, even though it's not in your control all the time. They can be tough, especially if you're carrying a little bit of an injury. Not even getting 24 hours of break obviously is tricky on the body.
That's why I think scheduling is important on which tournaments you pick so you don't play three, four tournaments in a row, so you do give yourself a break and don't enter too many tournaments which you then know you can't live up to if you play well.
So, I mean, that's what I've always tried to be doing. I think if you look back at the last few years that I played, I don't think I've entered three or four tournaments in a row anymore. I think Agassi did the same towards the end of his career. You just pace yourself more.
At the end of the day, I'm playing 70 to 80 matches per season, so at the end I'm still playing a lot.

Q. Did you catch Novak's game before you came out tonight?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, on and off. I couldn't tell you if he played well or not, or Lopez did. I was just watching a few points here and there and following more the scores, knowing when I had I would need to go warm-up and how much time do I have left. That kind of match I was watching, not more like reading into the plays.

Q. In a match like tonight, is it easy to concentrate fully throughout the hour and ten minutes or so? Because you won in straight sets, was it easy to concentrate all the time, or does the mind wander a little bit?

ROGER FEDERER: Sometimes it wanders. I don't know, sometimes if you have a song in your mind, sometimes you're thinking of what's going to happen tomorrow, what's the plan for tonight. All those things happen. We're human at the end of the day. We're not a machine and go from like point to point like Robo Cop, you know.
So it's like we have our fun , and sometimes it's hard when the mind starts wandering and you're like -- you know, I realized today at one point I served the first point of one of the games and I was like -- I missed the first serve. I was not even focused. I knew I was going to hit it down the T, but no, you know, not that full concentration I needed.
And then told myself, Okay, concentrate, please. So sometimes you have to remind yourself, because time goes by in between. You want to kept the intensity high, but at the same time you want to relax. It's a habit you get.
I mean, by now obviously I'm an expert at it. I know how it works. But still, after playing so much tennis, I still have to remind myself to focus on each point, and then you break it down to each shot and so forth. So it sounds like it's hard, but you get the hang of it.

Q. You don't think, What am I going to have for supper tonight?

ROGER FEDERER: Um, maybe. I don't know. You think of many things. You can imagine how many points I've played, so I've had a lot of time to think out there.

Q. In the second set, I mean, were you a little bit frustrated, because as you were saying earlier, that you didn't close it. Looked like it was going to kind of roll through, he came back and it could have been 5-5 at one point. Something like that, assuming you got a couple more rounds to go, I mean, do you get a little bit frustrated, how you come away with that experience?
ROGER FEDERER: No, that's how it goes sometimes, sure. No, obviously I wish I could have just closed it out, gone up with a double break, and then sort of somewhat been safe.
But, you know, I mean, I've served out matches, what 400500 times in my career. Look, that's the way it goes. The point is to stay calm even though you are frustrated for five seconds.
Nut, look, I tried everything I could. He played well and missed maybe a forehand by this much, which could have made the difference. After playing a good game, to go up Love-40 and then to lose it, that was the frustrating part.

Q. After two matches, you've been playing quite steady, so far, do you kind of feel like home here playing in Dubai?

ROGER FEDERER: If I have?

Q. Do you feel like you're playing at home here in Dubai because it's like for so many times you've been here?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I've been here many times. Honestly sort of 10th, 11th year on tour, I've been to many places many times. It's not the only place. I do obviously feel very welcome here. I do spend some time here in Dubai to practice and so forth.
And then, you know, having now gone through the emotions of playing matches again here in this place, it's always nice being able to invite friends to come watch me play, which I haven't been able to do really last three years, because three years ago I was only here for two hours really.
It's been nice being back at a tournament, living the atmosphere, which obviously again has grown more over the last couple of years since I've played here last time. It's exciting. It's a wonderful tournament. I hope obviously I can play many more times.

Q. ATP announced tournament awards this week. Of course the success of the tournament is combination of all kinds of things. For a top player like you, when you pick the best tournaments, what is the key factors, the most important things in your consideration?

ROGER FEDERER: Tough call. I mean, look, is it center court? It is the organization? Is it the city? How friendly it is, how welcome you feel. Some tournaments you just don't feel right sometimes, you know, and it takes time to warm up to. Others you love right away off the bat, even though maybe it's not the most best-run tournament.
But that's why it's tough to pinpoint exactly what it is, you know. Do the players enjoy? Obviously it's nice to have areas where I do feel like I can have my privacy and my calm before matches and so forth. Where I don't feel like there's people filming me and taking pictures of me all the time so I just feel like I'm looked at the whole time like I'm in a zoo. So I guess that's something that's somewhat crucial for me. Also safety-wise, so I can just relax at a tournament and enjoy it.
And then, you know, facilities and how easy is it to get practice courts. But I guess as long as the tournament puts in a good effort, you know, I appreciate that. I know they work hard all year long, and we show up for a week and think, Oh, why is this not working? Why don't we have towels on court? Who cares at the end of the day. You know, I seriously couldn't care less.
I know how hard they work, and that's why I'm not too hard on tournaments. That's why I'm an easy customer.

Source: http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=69199
Old 02-24-2011, 08:13 PM   #55
country flag Eden

Today's match

Set 1

Set 2

Short interview after the match

Old 02-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #56
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

GOD Please Bless Roger play his best tennis today!!

Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #57
country flag Rita

Rita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond reputeRita has a reputation beyond repute

Up a break already.
Get it Rog

Rogelio no complain he good boy no?

Rita is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:05 PM   #58
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Doris, Rita, Suktuen and others

He gets his chance to snatch this 5th title. Hope he can deliver tomorrow. He has to play good though, no 2nd set walkabout please!

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Båstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #59

That was made easy by Gasquet. Now Roger's got to raise his game for Arabian tennis!

5th amendment please! Its time for Arabia!

THE NOSE WILL PREVAIL

Quote:
Old 02-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #60
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond reputeMM_1257 has a reputation beyond repute

Here we go again. And again I won't watch. I enjoyed him today, but I won't watch tomorrow. I hope there will be a positive outcome. If not... Well sigh, I guess.
MM_1257 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote