Estonia's Finest: Jurgen Zopp - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2012, 06:12 AM   #106
country flag SVK

SVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Estonia's Finest (yes better than Kanepi): Jurgen Zopp

Jurgen obviously likes and enjoys the drama, was 6-2, *5-4 up but then won sth like 1 point till the end of the second set, won 6-3 in third. Congrats
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #107
country flag quasi

quasi is on a distinguished road

R1: James Duckworth (AUS) http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/P...Duckworth.aspx
Not before Tuesday, so gets two days to recover.

If wins:
R2: Tipsarevic or Tursunov

Last edited by quasi : 01-14-2012 at 09:42 AM.
quasi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #108
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

At the match again, great to see him in the main draw. Here's the short report:

Zopp Vs Smyczek

Yes it was that time again where we were back at the Great Estonian Zopp's mission to make his grand slam debut. We were nestled in nicely again with the Estonians who had brought an extra flag this time but the classic chant was ever present. They were telling us that Zopp's coach couldn't afford to travel down with him so he was down here by himself so they decided to follow him around Australia, they were in Brisbane as well. Zopp starts off well and gets the early break, hitting some crisp winners and keeping the unforced errors to a low. Smyczek doesn't do much, just gets the ball back and waits for the error. Zopp wasn't making to many of those in the opener though, grabbing another break and serving out the set 6-2.

The start of the second was very similar with Zopp snatching another break and he would soon get the chance to serve out the match. But the thought of a maiden grand slam appearance crept into his head and it was all to much for him, conceding the game to love and proceeding to lose the next four games to surrender the set 7-5.

Zopp breaks again in the opening game of the third but fails to consolidate and it's back to 1-1. Good old Zopp in for another tough and long three setter it seemed at the time. But Smyczek lost his rhythm and Zopp capitalised and broke and held to take out the match 6-2, 5-7, 6-3. The man let out a huge roar of celebration and came over to us and gave us all a high five. Then took a photo with the Estonians who were kind enough to let us into the shot. Nice bloke and got a winnable draw in the 1st round taking on Aussie Wildcard James Duckworth. Should be on a showcourt, will be a great first match.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:59 PM   #109
country flag StoGas

StoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond reputeStoGas has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Great job Zopp! He'll obviously make it to the second round

Tennis Tipping

Singles 238

Doubles 11

SF: Bangkok ATP
W: AUSTRALIAN OPEN 2012(w/1987518LPF)
W: WIMBLEDON 2012 (w/1987518LPF)
StoGas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:22 AM   #110
country flag SVK

SVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn´t be so optimistic, Duckworth proved that he can be dangerous against more experienced players, I am expecting another tough match. Good luck
SVK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:53 AM   #111

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he'll have to play very well to win this, it isn't a gimme in any means. It will be very hot Tuesday, at least 35C and Duckworth will have the crowd on his side.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #112
country flag Jovard

Jovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond reputeJovard has a reputation beyond repute

AO ended in R1, without winning a set
Next tournament is a 75K challenger in Kazan.
Jovard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:54 PM   #113
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Respectable loss at least, 3-6 4-6 4-6. Too bad I didn't see any of it. Tough qualy matches also took their toll, glad he got past those, reaching the main draw was nice already.
Thanks Andy for all the reports and cheering, much appreciated!
Old 01-17-2012, 09:35 PM   #114

No worries Maria, tough atmosphere to come into for your first slam match, he did great just to qualify.

Good start to the season

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:54 PM   #115

Jurgen is playing a Challenger in Kazan, Russia this week and beat Fabbiano in straight sets in his opener.

Takes on the Fin Harri Helliovaara in the second round.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #116
country flag quasi

Defeated Heliövaara 6-3 6-2 to reach QF.

Next opponent: Ruben Bemelmans

Last edited by quasi : 02-02-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #117

Good win over his doubles partner.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:22 PM   #118
country flag quasi

Def. Bemelmans 6-2 6-0
This means that he'll get a new best ranking.

SF: vs. Gabashvili
Old 02-03-2012, 01:25 PM   #119

What a scoreline, good news to come home to. Anyone watch the stream?

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #120
country flag quasi

Gaba has retired from the tournament due to injury. Thus, Jürgen is in the final and shall play the winner of Minar vs. Copil