Grigor Dimitrov is the future. - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-08-2011, 10:42 AM   #31
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor Dimitrov is the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiaben View Post
If he happens to be a slam competitor, he'll probably get 2-4 slams tops.

He doesn't look impressive at all.
watch him play before you judge :retard:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Bit late on this bandwagon?
As said before, never been so impressed by anyone since Fed. Simply breathtaking player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc23 View Post
Sounds like the OP needs to sneak into Dimitrov's bedroom for a play session - your love for the man is almost stalker level.

He'll win nothing of note this year. Guys like Nadal were already winning slams at 19 so until he does the same please stop these useless threads hailing the coming of the next tennis Jesus. Just because he copies Federer's game does not make him one.
haters gonna hate. Dont throw your pommy humor on me. Dimitrov will take the tennis world by storm. It starts TODAY
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 AM   #32
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
We needed someone to carry on in the tradition of Word Life/Storm Lee etc with the ridiculous predictions.

Congratulations.

Let us know what you think of Dimitrov's chest hair as well while you are at it
don't worry ill send some pics your way once i get hold of them. YOU wont MISS out.

As for the predictions being 'ridiculous' watch tonight. Grigor's killer forehand will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #33
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by .-Federers_Mate-. View Post
don't worry ill send some pics your way once i get hold of them. YOU wont MISS out.

As for the predictions being 'ridiculous' watch tonight. Grigor's killer forehand will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up.

You know I guess there are few people who says Dimitrov isn't good and he didn't see him playing.
There are few people of Lithuania who is hater and they hate Dimitrov but I don't know why. (Lot of people like Dimitrov and Berankis too.)
Old 02-08-2011, 10:57 AM   #34
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post

You know I guess there are few people who says Dimitrov isn't good and he didn't see him playing.
There are few people of Lithuania who is hater and they hate Dimitrov but I don't know why. (Lot of people like Dimitrov and Berankis too.)
I don't see how people can hate Grigor either. His game is excellent to watch and he possesses the characteristics of a champion. Off court the guy is all you can ask for...polite,friendly and humble. Signs and take pictures with the fans. Does promotional stuff (was taking pictures with fans outside the wilson tent on grand slam oval on day 3) and cooperates with the media in a dignified manner. He is close to being the complete package. Right now all he lacks is that that killer instinct but confidence which will be gained will see to that. Jo is in for a rude awakening today.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 AM   #35
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

His movement and footwork aren't good at all. He moves nowhere near as well as (peak) Federer, just lacks fluidity or raw speed of Nadal. Results in him frequently getting caught off balance or even near-falls. He won't be a great clay courter either. Good serve and FH though.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #36
country flag thegreendestiny

thegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond reputethegreendestiny has a reputation beyond repute

He has a great future I agree. He looks good and his play is kinda suave. Too bad he's Bulgarian which is not much of a crowd favorite because his country and countrymen will hype him like a god and annoy the people in this forum.

Nishikori, Berankis, Raonic, Kuznetsov, Dimitrov

thegreendestiny is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #37
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't see how people can hate Grigor either. His game is excellent to watch and he possesses the characteristics of a champion. Off court the guy is all you can ask for...polite,friendly and humble. Signs and take pictures with the fans. Does promotional stuff (was taking pictures with fans outside the wilson tent on grand slam oval on day 3) and cooperates with the media in a dignified manner. He is close to being the complete package. Right now all he lacks is that that killer instinct but confidence which will be gained will see to that. Jo is in for a rude awakening today.
I think they don't know too. I guess simply they think Dimitrov and Berankis are rival or I don't know. (I don't think this). Dimitrov is really great guy.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:05 AM   #38
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think he will be great at all, he will be top 10 player, maybe challenge to win a Grand Slam one day, but no more than that. He is already almost 20 and he doesnt have any results, greats had great results at that age.

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #39
Banned!

No one has Peak Federer movement...NO ONE. That being said all aspects of his game will improve in time and training. He will get lighter and the more atp matches he plays the better his defense and other aspects of his game that need tweaking. He will grow into a monster and i can see him being a real contender for Wimby and Flushing. I'm not sure about his clay prowess yet to fully judge but we will find out soon enough.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #40
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No one has Peak Federer movement...NO ONE. That being said all aspects of his game will improve in time and training. He will get lighter and the more atp matches he plays the better his defense and other aspects of his game that need tweaking. He will grow into a monster and i can see him being a real contender for Wimby and Flushing. I'm not sure about his clay prowess yet to fully judge but we will find out soon enough.
Thing is, Federer was an amazingly good mover, when he was very young. This new generation of Tomics and Dimitrovs are severely lacking in that aspect. Without movement, you can still be fairly competent on hard courts, but forget clay and grass. And I don't see how they will improve, your movement gets worse as you age not better. Furthermore some of Grigor's attempts to get at the ball make me cringe. I hope he stops that before he gets injured.
Topspindoctor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:26 AM   #41
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Thing is, Federer was an amazingly good mover, when he was very young. This new generation of Tomics and Dimitrovs are severely lacking in that aspect. Without movement, you can still be fairly competent on hard courts, but forget clay and grass. And I don't see how they will improve, your movement gets worse as you age not better. Furthermore some of Grigor's attempts to get at the ball make me cringe. I hope he stops that before he gets injured.
indeed. Yes Dimitrov will never be a GREAT mover, i still dont think it will hinder him as i don't consider it a Achilles heal yet. Tomic can be seen as clumbsy. His movement however has improved GREATLY since the muller match. Overtime shuttle runs, guinine fitness condition etc as well as practice overtime will help Grigor's anticipation and overtime he will learn to take short steps around the court so he isnt so heavy on his feet. Movement really starts to decline once you hit the late 20s as he wont decline from say 21-25 instead he will only improve where i see him as being unbeatable. This can all be improved with practice and hardwork imo and Grigor is clearly up to improving this aspect of his game. Bernard plays very weird though. I was at his matches vs Chardy & Lopez and wow does he have a tennis brain. The guy is such a good thinker and as a result he always manages o play his game which neutralize his lack of movement as he is VERY hard to move around. Now with all the base liners coming in, i doubt any can exploit him with the use of variety (change of pace,drop shots etc) unlike a Federer could .Currently Dimitrov is WAY ahead of Bernie in development though. Both have a big game attitude. Grigor hits it very hard (must see up close) and is also very hard to play against. Once Grigor learns to take control of the point and he strata to really find his gear off both wins his supposed lack of speed wont hurt him. As much as people like to disagree he is still a boy but his start is on the rise and very far. Nishikori & Berankis can forget it. Top 50 at best. I think he'll shine on grass you'll be surprised as said before YES clay is another matter but i cant still cant see him struggling there.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #42
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Unbeatable? So far that can be rightfully attached only to peak Fed (outside of clay) and peak Nadal (on the clay); Dimitrov or anyone else out there would really have to pull some kind of miracle to get to such levels
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #43
country flag Voo de Mar

Voo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond reputeVoo de Mar has a reputation beyond repute

Dimitrov is annoying with his attempts to play all shots like Federer. It's weird he hasn't got longer hair and a headband He hasn't Federer's talent to play quickly standing on the baseline, he needs more time to prepare his ground-strokes. He should have a decent career but the 2nd Federer he can be only on his play-station.
Match points
Tie-breaks
Aces

Chiquita bananas ECC Antwerp
Voo de Mar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #44
country flag nalbyfan
Banned!

nalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond reputenalbyfan has a reputation beyond repute

The future took a bad start vs Tsonga...
nalbyfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #45
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond reputemadmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalbyfan View Post
The future took a bad start vs Tsonga...

The future of tennis can't even beat Clownga? How so...