Grigor Dimitrov is the future. - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:04 AM   #1
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Grigor Dimitrov is the future.

I attended the AO this year as per usual and saw something quite special. Grigor Dimitrov is by far the MOST talented player I have seen since Roger debuted with all his majestic greatness. I was astonished at what I saw in both the Wawrinka and Golubev games. In Golubev the past unhealthy looking sloth Dimitrov took him out with such an awe inspiring ease that I had too look and wonder. His strokes are ridiculously effortless and his technique AMAZING. His backhand is a thing of legends as he takes it well (nice clean and early) and has a lot of control and power off that wing. It has potential to be better than Guga’s. His slice is cutting and once again his technique is very VERY good. I haven’t seen such a forehand since Fed & Blake as from a technical perspective it is flawless and right now one of the best forehands in the world. He possesses natural nous and flair around the net a sign of a great champion who is growing with confidence as every day passes by. His serve is huge and once an outstanding shot. I could go on praising such a complete player but then my post will be long and I don’t want that. Simply put Grigor has in his hands the best all court game since Roger Federer. He is a phenomenon. He is sponsored by Nike so he already looks the par and teenage girls will obviously chase him as he begins his path into greatness. I am a big admirer of his attitude which on court is cool, calm and collected. He is the new Roger Federer and I hold him in very high esteem.

He will be the one challenging Roger for the slam record. No one else.

I predict he will break the top 10 this year, go deep in slams and win a masters. He will crush Jo and win his first title this year. This is big for tennis, as Dimitrov will be the man to wash away all these drippy baseliners with his craft and flair. He will rise VERY fast and be number one once Roger has gone. Just an epic EPIC player and words cannot describe just how much potential he has. WATCH his match with Jo tonight to get a good look at how amazing his talents are. Such a clean ball striker. he has that it factor and understands what tennis is all about.

Thoughts?, is Grigor the future?

.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor Dimitrov is the future.

Supreme talent and great looks. Won the genes lottery.

I think your predictions for 2011 are a bit too ambitious, but I agree that he is going to be an excellent player.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:22 AM   #3
country flag .-Federers_Mate-.
Banned!

.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute.-Federers_Mate-. has a reputation beyond repute

My prediction isn't ambitious at all. He is unbelievably impressive. It's fantastic that their is after all live after Roger!

I suppose you went to the Ao as well so you know what I'm talking about. Raonic is also VERY good, surprised me how big he is off the ground and you better believe he has some quick hands at the net. Nishikori far too weak but his technique is their and like Tomic with an increase in effortless power will be top 20. Berankis Overrated.

Dimitrov however is something else. Something VERY special.
.-Federers_Mate-. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:13 AM   #4
country flag shoustar89

shoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond reputeshoustar89 has a reputation beyond repute

He need to improve his backhand and receive, and I think he can make Top 30 by the end of this season.
shoustar89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:23 AM   #5
country flag Forehander

Forehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond reputeForehander has a reputation beyond repute

Just read my signature...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 AM   #6
country flag Hewitt =Legend

Hewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond reputeHewitt =Legend has a reputation beyond repute

Knee jerk reaction much? Of course he's going to be a great player but to say he's going to win a Masters Series this year is a tad over the top. Have you suddenly forgot about Fed. Rafa, Nole, Muzza etc? No way he has the consistency or mentality yet to go deep in the big events.

To me, Dimitrov and Tomic look the best bet to rise to the top out of the emerging players.

Ol' Rusty Hewitt - Keeping me moist since 1998.

B-Nard4Lyfe.

BoGaNtiLIdiE.
Hewitt =Legend is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 06:34 AM   #7
country flag syc23

syc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond reputesyc23 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like the OP needs to sneak into Dimitrov's bedroom for a play session - your love for the man is almost stalker level.

He'll win nothing of note this year. Guys like Nadal were already winning slams at 19 so until he does the same please stop these useless threads hailing the coming of the next tennis Jesus. Just because he copies Federer's game does not make him one.
syc23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #8
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc23 View Post
He'll win nothing of note this year. Guys like Nadal were already winning slams at 19 so until he does the same please stop these useless threads hailing the coming of the next tennis Jesus. Just because he copies Federer's game does not make him one.
This
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #9
country flag tests

tests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond reputetests has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post

I think your predictions for 2011 are a bit too ambitious, but I agree that he is going to be an excellent player.
great looks as in face or playstyle haha
tests is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #10
country flag Pirata.
the pirate queen.

Pirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond reputePirata. has a reputation beyond repute

Great to have you back, Fed's Mate...
verdasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
Ever trolled, ever failed, no matter.
Post again, troll again, troll harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death View Post
mods drag this thread outside and have several spotted hyenas shit on it for 4 straight days. you may have to bribe the hyenas but they will shit on it.
Pirata. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #11
country flag Navratil

Navratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond reputeNavratil has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post

The other way round: Great looks and (supreme) talent
Navratil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #12
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Bit late on this bandwagon?

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #13
country flag shiaben

shiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond reputeshiaben has a reputation beyond repute

If he happens to be a slam competitor, he'll probably get 2-4 slams tops.

He doesn't look impressive at all.
shiaben is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:44 AM   #14
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

We will see today against Tsonga. I will post again after the result.
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:59 AM   #15
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

dimi's got the talent but i can't see myself getting onto this bandwagon.

my bet is that the dude is probably gonna be another marat safin.