The "Go Home, you are so bad, don't talk to me you f*cking idiot" Chat Thread - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 09:42 AM   #61
country flag YulBrynnerWasBald

YulBrynnerWasBald has a spectacular aura aboutYulBrynnerWasBald has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Chat thread

I have some fairly good sources and yes the other distractions might be more of a factor than the shoulder injury itself, but I remember Wilander saying the big thing was that to be successful you have to be happy in life, and if there is a problem with the outside structure, just hope it gets sorted and soon.

I can see that he is now the French Open champion, that there a different expectations of him now and that could effect him unfavourably as well.
YulBrynnerWasBald is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2004, 01:13 PM   #62
country flag Marc Rosset is Tall

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

I see Argentina has drawn the Czechs at home in the first round of the Davis Cup, but the problem lies if they win, then they will play Australia in Australia and that will mean on grass. It would be good if they can get a draw where all the ties are at home.

Work hasn't been too bad at the moment, no more jailbirds telling me about their hard luck stories. Then again it's good to work in these kinds of places, not many distractions.

It's all going to the travel fund of mine and that can only be good. I just wish Gaston's state of mind could be like that at the moment.
Marc Rosset is Tall is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-30-2004, 01:34 PM   #63

Marc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond reputeMarc Rosset is Tall has a reputation beyond repute

I found this article interesting and if you are not interested don't bother reading.

It seems that sporting violence is everywhere and not just in football stadiums, as some would believe.

www.guardian.co.uk/sport

An apple-pie world of self-delusion

The Americans blame "sports terrorism" on those nasty British soccer fans, says Steven Wells. Perhaps they should try looking a little closer to home

Wednesday September 29, 2004

Over in the USA the sight of British bobbies smashing the living spit out of the pro-hunting lobby was greeted with amused amazement.

"It's a good job they don't give those guys guns - they might get violent!" chortled John Stewart, host of top satire programme The Daily Show, over footage of Plod hammering the posh. Stewart then ran the footage again - but this time with a soundtrack of a high-pitched upper-class English accented "Hallay!" each time a truncheon cracked skull. The studio audience roared with laughter. I scratched my head.

Americans know that there are only two sorts of Englishmen - soccer hooligans and posh folks. Soccer hooligans have cockney accents and support Manchester United. Like Daphne's brothers in Frasier. Like the gang led by Vinnie Jones in the movie Eurotrip.

And like the family in Do Shut Up, the Brit-sit-com to which Homer becomes addicted in an episode of The Simpsons.

"If they're not having a go with a bird," he tells Bart, "they're having a row with a w****r."

And the posh folks? Well they play polo, marry fairy-tale princesses and hunt foxes. Which is why America is confused. Folks who hunt foxes (they know from having watched Mary Poppins) are posh. And posh people rioting does not compute.

Of course the number of rugby shirts worn by the violent mob provides the key to this conundrum. Anybody who has ever lived in a town or city where rugby union is played knows that rugby players are, on the whole, frightfully unpleasant people. And only an ultra-liberal idiot would seek to distinguish between the militant wing of the pro-hunting lobby (who have been beating seven shades of fox-crap out of the poor old crusty hunt saboteurs for decades) and the honking, drunken, be-blazered rugger mobs who terrorise our more genteel country towns every match-day evening.

Indeed, it would not be overstating the case to state that the savage mob who attacked the police outside Parliament are the direct political and class descendants of the rugger-scarf sporting Oxbridge scabs who helped break the 1926 general strike. They are, in short, the scum of the earth.

The Battle Of Ruggerloo has drawn attention to a familiar and peculiarly English double standard. A bunch of Oxford Blues wrecks a pub and it's youthful high spirits. A gang of Oxford United fans kick over a litter bin and it's the end of civilisation as we know it. Oh those silly, snobbish, class-ridden Brits.

But hang on. The double standard might not be as uniquely British as we think. As the American football season gets underway, the USA will soon be once again gripped by one of its regular moral panics about sports hooliganism (or, as I have heard it described - "sports terrorism" - I kid you not). As well it might. Because sports hooliganism is as American as McDonald's apple pie. A quick Google will turn up scores of stories about riots and arrests at basketball, baseball and football games. Howling mobs at college games tear down the opposing team's goal-posts and are only driven back by the judicious use of night-sticks and pepper-spray. And this happens every year. Again and again. All over America.

Just last month a televised eating competition between two college football teams in Salt Lake City degenerated into a full-scale fist fight. And hardly anybody noticed. And this month two Pittsburgh Steelers fans were found guilty of the manslaughter of a Tampa Bay Buccaneers supporter. I found the story buried on page three of a local newspaper.

And soon lazy sports hacks will start collating these stories and conclude that the people who must take all the blame are - can you guess? Yes! Those horrible English soccer hooligans.

"After a three-decade long presence on the distant shores of Great Britain, the hooligan has arrived kicking and screaming on the American sport scene," rants a US Stadium industry newsletter.

"We don't want it to degenerate into the soccer fan hooliganism issue that has plagued European sports" rambles William Lester, general manager of the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Commission in Minneapolis.

And so on. And on and on. Year after year. The same panic. The same articles. The same deranged and massively self-deluding conclusion. The truth is that the USA has, and has always had, a sports hooliganism problem at least as bad as that of the UK. But, of course, when Budweiser-stoked American college students go nuts, that's not hooliganism. Or even sports-terrorism. No, that's, er, something else entirely. Apparently.

Meanwhile, back in Blighty, the badly battered pro-hunting rugger-buggers are planning a re-match. I say: tool the bobbies up with horsewhips, replace the police dogs with rabid vixens and let's really make a match of it.

Tally ho.

An apple-pie world of self-delusion
Old 09-30-2004, 04:17 PM   #64
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for sharing the article Marc - made for an interesting read. And as for the jailbirds - I have my fair share of them at work too - tend to ignore them after a while and set my mind on other things such as my next tennis trip

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-30-2004, 05:10 PM   #65
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the artilcles
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-30-2004, 07:00 PM   #66
User id 7816

User id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, which one of yous here are travelling around for the tourneys??...I know Basil333 is, I remember her form the Zabaleta group (are you still that famous?), and the rest?...planning on joining the travelling gang as soon as I finish uni for good next year, so, lets see ,and who's going to the Masters this time?...Anyone going to Houston??...I still hope Gato will go to paris or madrid,so that you can see him and cheer,but I guess the best cheering he'll need in Houston!...Wish I had wings to fly over hehe

As for the DC draw, well, I gotta say a quarter with Oz in Oz on grass certainly does not sound good to me...dunno about you.I don't think they shud get a draw with all ties at home - certainly has to be some in europe sometimes or we over here wont be able to visit hehee..I hoped they mite get Slovakia, I mite have droped over just to cheer for Gato & co!!!...but nevetheless, I believe they'll try to do their best,surely Gato will. Has to get himself SOON.
User id 7816 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 09-30-2004, 08:08 PM   #67
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma
Hey guys, which one of yous here are travelling around for the tourneys??...I know Basil333 is, I remember her form the Zabaleta group (are you still that famous?), and the rest?...planning on joining the travelling gang as soon as I finish uni for good next year, so, lets see ,and who's going to the Masters this time?...Anyone going to Houston??...I still hope Gato will go to paris or madrid,so that you can see him and cheer,but I guess the best cheering he'll need in Houston!...Wish I had wings to fly over hehe

As for the DC draw, well, I gotta say a quarter with Oz in Oz on grass certainly does not sound good to me...dunno about you.I don't think they shud get a draw with all ties at home - certainly has to be some in europe sometimes or we over here wont be able to visit hehee..I hoped they mite get Slovakia, I mite have droped over just to cheer for Gato & co!!!...but nevetheless, I believe they'll try to do their best,surely Gato will. Has to get himself SOON.
Hey Alma - so you know Basil333? I know her well and she and I will be meeting up in Madrid and Paris Bercy later this year. I'm also hoping to go to the last week-end in Basel (though that's not definate yet) and possibly Vienna So I'm a real travelling fan!! Unfortunately I won't be in Houston though - I have to work sometimes and I'm not a fan of long-haul flights - in fact to be honest I am terrified of them Yes, I was also selfishly hoping for Argentina to play at least one round in Europe (France or Holland would have been most convenient for me), but looks like I'll have to wait til 2006!!

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
Old 09-30-2004, 09:31 PM   #68
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YulBrynnerWasBald
I wouldn't know as I have never had a problem with Gaudio fans and I don't think I will. It's like someone who has form for stirring up crap or has been convicted of a crime, it's very clear that people are going to be suspicious, it's not rocket science at all.

Enough of that I am disappointed that I missed the Mariano Zabaleta show with Gaston as the first guest. From what I have heard he had a very good time and was a good guest. I can see that Gaston will appear on the show more often as well.
He will always appear, cause all the footage is from Mariano's camera and they're always together
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-01-2004, 02:50 AM   #69
country flag PerezRoldan

PerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
He will always appear, cause all the footage is from Mariano's camera and they're always together
You are right in this regard, he should appear nearly all the time.

I can't wait for him to get back on court, though other things need to be sorted out first.
PerezRoldan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-01-2004, 02:54 AM   #70
country flag Canuck_Chick

Canuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazz_girl
too bad the show isn't on TV here
Robin Söderling
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Enqvist

Patrick Rafter
Canuck_Chick is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-01-2004, 03:03 AM   #71
country flag PerezRoldan

PerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to beholdPerezRoldan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_Chick
too bad the show isn't on TV here
There is a link to the Zabaleta show in the Nalbandian forum, and you can watch it online as it's on Sundays.
PerezRoldan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-01-2004, 06:36 AM   #72
User id 7816

User id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond reputeUser id 7816 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie
Hey Alma - so you know Basil333? I know her well and she and I will be meeting up in Madrid and Paris Bercy later this year. I'm also hoping to go to the last week-end in Basel (though that's not definate yet) and possibly Vienna So I'm a real travelling fan!! Unfortunately I won't be in Houston though - I have to work sometimes and I'm not a fan of long-haul flights - in fact to be honest I am terrified of them Yes, I was also selfishly hoping for Argentina to play at least one round in Europe (France or Holland would have been most convenient for me), but looks like I'll have to wait til 2006!!
hey those cats cant be forgotten!...so u'll be goin to all those places, wah i so envy you and the rest of u!....Im considering a trip for the DC final as my spanish guys will tell the story to Rod & co so I hope you'll give us a note of the trips!......so not a chance for Arg to play in Europe next yr?...gosh,unfaaairrr but if only they reach the final I'll be there
User id 7816 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 10-01-2004, 09:12 AM   #73

The only story Roddick will be finding out in Spain is pain my friend. 22 000 thousand Spanish fans will make plenty of noise and I just want him to play up so badly.

There has been some tennis talk on GM for a change, and there are some good reasons for that, look at the topics and there have been constructive conversations from people in different spheres, it's a memorable day.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #74
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alma
hey those cats cant be forgotten!...so u'll be goin to all those places, wah i so envy you and the rest of u!....Im considering a trip for the DC final as my spanish guys will tell the story to Rod & co so I hope you'll give us a note of the trips!......so not a chance for Arg to play in Europe next yr?...gosh,unfaaairrr but if only they reach the final I'll be there
Hey Alma - if you know Basil333, then you will know that I will NEVER forget my two cats - they are pretty much the most important thing in my life They are very well looked after by a friend who stays in my house in my absence and spoils them even more than I do! As for DC Final - I've been considering going myself, but don't think it will be possible with work commitments I agree with Marc that it would be fun to see Roddick play up with his petulant child act and have 22,000 Spanish fans on his back

Old 10-01-2004, 10:05 AM   #75

If they have any brains then he'll be on his best behaviour in Sevilla.

Rosie, but are your jailbirds drunk? I am in the hospitality game at the moment, and while that function moves around and I should be out getting things for the house, but I can't be bothered.

The weekend crowd should be fun, and there will plenty of people on the juice tonight as many would have got paid today, but the hired help doesn't go around chasing the ladies, but they can chase me if they want.
Closed Thread