The "Go Home, you are so bad, don't talk to me you f*cking idiot" Chat Thread - Page 1942 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 02:24 AM   #29116
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight and Seb Loeb is annoying midget Chat Thread

You're forgiven Suey, it happens to the best of us.

Cryptic one, well it just tastes as good the next day.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2009, 02:38 AM   #29117
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight and Seb Loeb is annoying midget Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
Had only about 3 hours sleep last night as it turned out. Just can not sleep unless it is in my own bed and snuggling.
Are you still snowed under? Hope not! The world climate has gone haywire, what with record temps and bushfires in Australia, heavy snowfalls in England, 40° temps in BA and terrible drought in the Argentine pampas... Now the drought is over after huge rainstorms, but 750,000 head of cattle have died and half the crops are lost.
Now I´ve just seen on TV that the Chaitén volcano in Chile has erupted again – not as fiercely as last May, but Chile has had to evacuate people and the Argentine towns of Esquel and thereabouts are already expecting the ash to cross the Andes. Last year even here (350 Km away) for a month the ash was visible on cars and tree leaves!
This was the volcano yesterday:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chaiten 18 FEB 2009.jpg (38.8 KB, 2 views)
Vale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #29118
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW

Can't say Climate change has hit Maine at all. Winter has been like this since I have lived here in 1991 And what irony!
I stayed at work on Wed night so I would not have to drive in the freezing/ice stuff Thursday morning and lo and behold??
Surprise snowstorm last night. I woke up to flurries only but after 4 inches had fallen. I can't plan anything right
Actually snow all by itself is not bad to drive on;
To my morning conference meeting
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-22-2009, 07:10 AM   #29119
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

That Jay, Justin, Steve and Jolan are way more likeable than the chubby-hugs-addicted posters has something to do with them not having the minority status but the privileged one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Are you still snowed under? Hope not! The world climate has gone haywire, what with record temps and bushfires in Australia, heavy snowfalls in England, 40° temps in BA and terrible drought in the Argentine pampas... Now the drought is over after huge rainstorms, but 750,000 head of cattle have died and half the crops are lost.
Now I´ve just seen on TV that the Chaitén volcano in Chile has erupted again – not as fiercely as last May, but Chile has had to evacuate people and the Argentine towns of Esquel and thereabouts are already expecting the ash to cross the Andes. Last year even here (350 Km away) for a month the ash was visible on cars and tree leaves!
Much of it reminds me of red sand and dust from North Africa and Sahara desert that crosses the Mediterranean and lays everywhere on cars, streets, walls, tree leaves and clothes after the spring rains in Athens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60 View Post
WOW

Can't say Climate change has hit Maine at all. Winter has been like this since I have lived here in 1991 And what irony!
I stayed at work on Wed night so I would not have to drive in the freezing/ice stuff Thursday morning and lo and behold??
Surprise snowstorm last night. I woke up to flurries only but after 4 inches had fallen. I can't plan anything right
Red sand in rain happens so often over here in recent years that it's not surprising anymore. Even the Athenians have a good chance to plan something ahead right.
Getta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #29120
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Marti, if you are around, what was the program that you used for taping matches off livestreams?

Hope everyone in here is going alright.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-22-2009, 06:55 PM   #29121
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Marti, if you are around, what was the program that you used for taping matches off livestreams?

Hope everyone in here is going alright.
Depends on which stream you want to catch:

If it is a windows based stream, I use WM recorder http://www.wmrecorder.com/
This is not a free program but it was worth every penny I paid for it (and Fourlove or Genci maybe can help you with a cracked version )
Along with the subscription you also get WM Capture and this captures anything you can watch on yr screen (disadvantage is that you can't surf to other sites while recording and that you have to turn yr screensaver off, because it captures "exactly" what is shown on the screen)

For Flash based streams I use Replay Media Catcher http://applian.com/download-videos/ (free trial version which keeps working but only shows 75% of the recording. Which isn't that much of a problem if you keep recording for a longer time)

Real Media Player http://uk.real.com/player/more is free and also can capture many types of streams but not the protected ones
martine2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-22-2009, 07:48 PM   #29122
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't had time to be around much lately.
Been very busy and it was good and bad things. It's all about the dogs.
Lot of training so haven't been home all weekend but it was good. Bad thing is we still have probs with João's dog. He's ok at home but as soon as he has to do heavy work he's "empty", so there clearly still is smth wrong. Problem is the vets don't find the problem.
João isn't as "patient" as me with a dog and this worries me I raised him since he was a puppy, he's a great dog and I don't wanna lose him.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 AM   #29123
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Thanks for all that info Marti, it might be necessary for me to use these at some point. I will find a cracked version, because this is something that needs to happen.

Good luck with the dogs.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #29124
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Got to love rain that falls sideways.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 02-23-2009, 10:14 PM   #29125
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Huge relief especially now that debris is flying through the air.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #29126
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Martine, I hope there's nothing wrong with the dog
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 PM   #29127
country flag martine2
yawn

There seems to be something wrong with the kidneys.
They are functioning but they don't seem to manage to filter everything (jeez, I can't explain this in English...) and some values are slightly too elevated (creatinine). Also he had some protein residue and bilirubine in his urine which is a consequence of the fact that the kidney doesn't filter enough.

In normal circumstances the dog is perfectly normal but as soon as he gets heavy training he gets exhausted.

We have to adapt his diet to low protein and give him rest for about a month. Hopefully it will be solved then because otherwise I have a huge problem
Old 02-25-2009, 04:42 AM   #29128
country flag Getta

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine2 View Post
In normal circumstances the dog is perfectly normal but as soon as he gets heavy training he gets exhausted.

We have to adapt his diet to low protein and give him rest for about a month. Hopefully it will be solved then because otherwise I have a huge problem
Martine, have I missed something? You're torturing him for no reason, I think. Why you can't simply stroke him, talk to him, enjoy his company without expecting a return? What's there to be worried about if you neglect to invest in him? Then, no risk factors for disappointment in later life.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:46 AM   #29129
country flag Getta

Trashy greek TV shows told us not to vote for Alexander Rybak. The aim was to help greek viewers to make informed choices, apparently.

Slick idiots make me sneeze.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:27 AM   #29130
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Martine, have I missed something? You're torturing him for no reason, I think. Why you can't simply stroke him, talk to him, enjoy his company without expecting a return? What's there to be worried about if you neglect to invest in him? Then, no risk factors for disappointment in later life.
Those things I'm already doing with all my dogs
But they are competition dogs so yes, I'm afraid something is expected in return.
The dogs are athletes and they compete on a very high level, which demands a lot from the body. They have to be 100% healthy, physically and mentally. You can compare it with a top tennis player.
Same as for human athletes, the body suffers a lot and injuries often happen. Also the smallest health problem gives problems in the performance.

If he were my dog, then I wouldn't be this worried. I love the competition, but if I have to choose between my dog's health and getting titles, then the choice is easy.
João is different. His bond with the dogs isn't as emotional as mine. He treats them well but for him they are "the equipment" he needs for the competition and they have to perform or they leave.

Since we are together he agreed to keep the older dogs when they retire because he knows I want this. But he'll never keep a young dog that can't compete anymore
Closed Thread