The "Go Home, you are so bad, don't talk to me you f*cking idiot" Chat Thread - Page 1939 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:46 AM   #29071
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight and Seb Loeb is annoying midget Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Hi all! Martine, you said I should come here more often and I took you up on it, so here I am. And reading back I find you´ve just had a birthday. Very happy birthday belated wishes!!!

As for knowing what each of us is like, this is me: height 1,60, short blond hair, several kilos too many, green eyes, very fair skin. I´m fourth generation Argentine but my Irish ancestry shows. Interests: my family (grown-up sons), travel, photography, classical music and opera, watching tennis and some other sports such as F1 and football. Used to be into cooking but since the boys left home my husband and I are trying to pretend we´re not interested in food anymore!
Thanks Vale!! and good to see you here!

I knew you were a women and that you had adult sons but I had no idea you had blond hair and a fair skin. I always associate Argentina automatically with dark hair and tan but yes there also are a lot of blond people there too
martine2 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #29072
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The "Everybody Wang Chung Tonight and Seb Loeb is annoying midget Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
Yes, that annoying midget winning the rally of Norway. Seriously, he is Boredo like, drives not to make errors or take risks, he is good enough anyway, not to drive like that. Hirvonen spoiled my rally, with his silly tactics.
I don't need to know the details of the rally. Just a simple glimpse at the guy and you know how I feel

Quote:
Gnome, that special interview will be typed up by Wednesday.
Been looking forward to it
Old 02-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #29073
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
All done now Suey and whoever else reads this thread nad has the link.
I´d like to read it. Could you send me the link?
Rain Delay in BA. It seems there´s quite a storm there, hail and all, so I don´t know when they´ll be able to play.
Vale is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-16-2009, 05:07 PM   #29074
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getta View Post
Vale, have you ever learnt to play a musical instrument?

Absolutely love classical music, but can't seem to get into opera. Too many vested feelings and kaleidoscopic variety of expressions there, for naive listeners.
Wish I did play, but no...

A great aunt of mine had a box at the Colón opera theatre in BA and used to take me as a kid. I grew up hearing famous singers and watching ballet. I´ve been incredibly lucky because I´ve seen some of the great stars: Plácido Domingo, Nureyev, Vassiliev, Baryshnikov. Sometimes we´d dine at a restaurant across the way and they´d come in after the performance, and the crowd in the restaurant would stand up and applaud!
Our long road trips are the perfect opportunity to listen to full-length operas, as one can just relax and let the music in, forgetting about the plot.

My brother-in-law got me hooked on classical music. He has a good collection of historic CDs and he always brings a few when he visit us in Bariloche, which I unashamedly copy!
Old 02-16-2009, 05:36 PM   #29075
country flag Vale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi View Post
Morning Vale, nice to see you around Does that work, pretending you're not interested in food anymore?

It's snowing again this morning. And, as it has been since quite a few hours, the landscapes are beautiful today. I might have a walk later. But I'm really longing for spring now...
Hope you enjoyed your walk in the snow, Choupi!

As for my relationhip with food, everything is worth a try!
A friend of ours, a very dedicated architect, says that building houses and preparing food are quasi-mystical experiences, all about breaking bread together and giving shelter. I love cooking - I have a very sensitive palate and feel like an alchemist when I´m in the kitchen searching for the perfect flavour. But the result is that I´ve been gaining an insidious 500 gr a year, so now I´m being careful and only break out on special occasions. Like last night, when we were eight for dinner and I prepared Beef Stroganoff made with lots of onion, a bottle of white wine, dried pine mushrooms, button mushrooms, cream, crispy bacon and fresh herbs from the garden, and for dessert we had homemade vanilla icecream with fresh raspberries. And to hell with watching calories and cholesterol for one night!
Old 02-17-2009, 12:41 AM   #29076
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's snowing again this morning. And, as it has been since quite a few hours, the landscapes are beautiful today. I might have a walk later. But I'm really longing for spring now...
Quote:
Yep it would be. Though I just finished shovelling and now, I need some rest.
I've never shovelled snow. When you or Sue describe similar scenes, I'm so much jealous of you. I can understand, though, how your eagerness to garden makes you look forward to the first signs of spring.

Quote:
Wish I did play, but no...

A great aunt of mine had a box at the Colón opera theatre in BA and used to take me as a kid. I grew up hearing famous singers and watching ballet. I´ve been incredibly lucky because I´ve seen some of the great stars: Plácido Domingo, Nureyev, Vassiliev, Baryshnikov. Sometimes we´d dine at a restaurant across the way and they´d come in after the performance, and the crowd in the restaurant would stand up and applaud!
Our long road trips are the perfect opportunity to listen to full-length operas, as one can just relax and let the music in, forgetting about the plot.

My brother-in-law got me hooked on classical music. He has a good collection of historic CDs and he always brings a few when he visit us in Bariloche, which I unashamedly copy!
This reminded me of a friend of my mother who provided us free tickets for all the performances at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus theatre (famous ancient theatre from Romans times on the south slope of Acropolis in Athens). Famous orchestras, ballets... you know. Also, I've seen almost all Sophocles' and Euripides' tragedies and Aristophanes' comedies in my early teens. "Hottest" moments were when Sviatoslav Richter gave me his autograph (yep, I asked for his autograph, but I was 13 or something... Since then, never asked again from anyone else...) and watching Maurice Bejart Ballet live performances (he used to come here quite often). Never seen Nureyev though. So jealous of you. He and Margot Fonteyn were among my "teens idols".
Oh yes, I've learnt to play piano and also took ballet lessons for many years. I was very very young, almost a kid... It was somehow compulsory for middle-class girls at the time. Well, I'm not going to describe my futile attempts at pointe... Prettily blushed look I have now, really. Dunno, perhaps someone else is reading this and laughing at me.

Bariloche and Beef Stroganoff combined sound very enticing, to say the least.
Getta is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2009, 01:28 AM   #29077
country flag Vale

Quote:
This reminded me of a friend of my mother who provided us free tickets for all the performances at the Odeon of Herodes Atticus theatre (famous ancient theatre from Romans times on the south slope of Acropolis in Athens). Famous orchestras, ballets... you know. Also, I've seen almost all Sophocles' and Euripides' tragedies and Aristophanes' comedies in my early teens. "Hottest" moments were when Sviatoslav Richter gave me his autograph (yep, I asked for his autograph, but I was 13 or something... Since then, never asked again from anyone else...) and watching Maurice Bejart Ballet live performances (he used to come here quite often). Never seen Nureyev though. So jealous of you. He and Margot Fonteyn were among my "teens idols".
Oh yes, I've learnt to play piano and also took ballet lessons for many years. I was very very young, almost a kid... It was somehow compulsory for middle-class girls at the time. Well, I'm not going to describe my futile attempts at pointe... Prettily blushed look I have now, really. Dunno, perhaps someone else is reading this and laughing at me.

Bariloche and Beef Stroganoff combined sound very enticing, to say the least.
What a treat to have seen classical Greek theatre in that setting!
Béjart´s ballet company was great, and so were his choreographies. I got to see Plissetskaya dance his Bolero, and transform the cliché into something magnificent. She also danced the Carmen suite and absolutely transformed herself into a Spanish gipsy.
But undoubtedly my favourite was Nureyev. We have a TV channel here, Bravo, that is airing all his ballets for the Paris Opera and I watch them again and again. A drawback of living in Patagonia is the lack of live cultural events, but well... it has other advantages...

And btw, you should continue to ask for autographs. Being “young at heart” (George´s words), includes making a fool of oneself and not caring. When one of my boys met Gastón at the Catedral ski resort in Bariloche and asked him for an autograph “for my mother” I blushed with embarrassment when he presented it to me (in a frame!), but hubby Martín hung it on the living room wall and there it stays!!!
Old 02-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #29078
country flag Getta

Getta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond reputeGetta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Béjart´s ballet company was great, and so were his choreographies. I got to see Plissetskaya dance his Bolero, and transform the cliché into something magnificent. She also danced the Carmen suite and absolutely transformed herself into a Spanish gipsy.
Le Sacre du Printemps, Petrouchka, Boléro , L'Oiseau de Feu... great memories.

Quote:
And btw, you should continue to ask for autographs. Being “young at heart” (George´s words), includes making a fool of oneself and not caring. When one of my boys met Gastón at the Catedral ski resort in Bariloche and asked him for an autograph “for my mother” I blushed with embarrassment when he presented it to me (in a frame!), but hubby Martín hung it on the living room wall and there it stays!!!
Well, hope I have the chance to visit Bariloche one day to see you... and Gastón...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:16 AM   #29079
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

The motley crew of characters in here, the child like Vale, the cryptic Greek, the gnome who does all her own handywork and the famous dog trainer.

Then of course there is the good doctor Suey and the others who drop around now and then.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2009, 07:58 AM   #29080
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

And you forgot our special AO reporter, always ready to chop 2.5kg onions at once

It's true that we're a bunch of very different characters here. I like it.
Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 AM   #29081
country flag Choupi

Quote:
I've never shovelled snow. When you or Sue describe similar scenes, I'm so much jealous of you. I can understand, though, how your eagerness to garden makes you look forward to the first signs of spring.
Well, shovelling snow is a good physical exercise I'd say. Can't talk for Sue but there's always a time when I'm fed up shovelling and long for spring to start expressing the usual signs.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:43 PM   #29082
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of snow Another big storm heading my way tomorrow night. Means I will stay in the hospital again so that I don't have to drive home in it or back the next day Someone else ie: teenagers will have to do the hard labor. I do like it though. Gets me out into the cold fresh air and first snowfall is so pretty.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-17-2009, 11:47 PM   #29083
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, make those kids do some work Suey.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #29084
country flag cobalt60
Pacific Northwest Home

cobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond reputecobalt60 has a reputation beyond repute

Ha! Gaston won the second set and the King beat Almagro!!!!!!!!!
One kid is at a Bday celebration of a friend, the other is up in his room gaming ( it is vacation for them btw) and hubby is in the state of Massachusetts at a book reading and signing of one of his good friends. So here I am and no live stream anywhere.
cobalt60 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-18-2009, 12:30 AM   #29085
country flag Getta

Didn't get upright quickly what the kid in his room was doing. You said "gaming" and I was kind of confused with an invented verb usually used in KostasKastoria thread. Silly me.

So another night spent at the hospital. Hope no patient requires urgent care.
Closed Thread