The "Go Home, you are so bad, don't talk to me you f*cking idiot" Chat Thread - Page 1861 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:15 PM   #27901
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lykke til Island og Norge i OL Handball Chat Thread

I hate waiting 4 years too

I kept up my embarassing ritual of crying when the flame was extinguished Every Olympics since 1992 I've done it... actually my parents tell me I did in 1988 too but I don't remember that
Peta Pan is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2008, 01:19 PM   #27902
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't cry at opening or end ceremonies, but I do get emotional when seeing the athletes' reactions.
I was cheering for the French during the handball final (became a Bertrand Gilles fangirl )and I was happy they won, but I couldn't help being sad when I saw this Iceland guy (blond bearded giant) crying
They all deserve the respect.
martine2 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 08-25-2008, 01:22 PM   #27903
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Of course we'll keep ourselves entertained. But the Olympics are always special for me, as they happen when I'm outta work, during summer, and they show many sports that I wouldn't watch other time.

Talking about keeping entertained, I just learned that the battle of tv stations concerning sports and tennis would make me lose the opportunity to watch the USO as well as the AO, for which I had always had coverage with the stations I was getting through cable. Guess what, I need 2 more tv stations to be able to watch those 2 GSs again. And the best is that I'd need to pay twice as much per month of what I'm paying now for more than 100 stations Not need to say that I'll have to do without. It's not worth paying that much for 4 weeks in a year.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #27904
country flag Choupi

Choupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond reputeChoupi has a reputation beyond repute

Martine, I've always had a crush on Bertrand, even when he had short hair A matter of years.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 PM   #27905
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Peta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond reputePeta Pan has a reputation beyond repute

I cried many times while athletes were overjoyed at their good performance and when they were standing for their anthem

With the ceremonies, I don't even really like watching them, but the closing one just makes me so sad and when they take down the Olympic flag and when they put out the flame I get so upset because it's the end of it for 4 years.

I love the Olympics so much it's quite insane... you know on new years day in 1995 the first thought that came into my head when I woke up was "YAY the Olympics are on next year" LMFAO I'll always remember that
Old 08-25-2008, 01:25 PM   #27906
country flag martine2
yawn

martine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond reputemartine2 has a reputation beyond repute

The Eurosport player gives perfect coverage for the Slams and offers re-live matches too. Works great for me and I use the French homepage
Not too expensive either as I take the yearly subscription and like that I have all the Slams
Old 08-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #27907
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choupi View Post
Of course we'll keep ourselves entertained. But the Olympics are always special for me, as they happen when I'm outta work, during summer, and they show many sports that I wouldn't watch other time.

Talking about keeping entertained, I just learned that the battle of tv stations concerning sports and tennis would make me lose the opportunity to watch the USO as well as the AO, for which I had always had coverage with the stations I was getting through cable. Guess what, I need 2 more tv stations to be able to watch those 2 GSs again. And the best is that I'd need to pay twice as much per month of what I'm paying now for more than 100 stations Not need to say that I'll have to do without. It's not worth paying that much for 4 weeks in a year.
That's dreadful Choupi!! For years I couldn't watch the French Open because it is only on Pay TV and I didn't have it until this year but making you pay more when you already paying for cable is just disgusting!

As for the US Open, I can never watch it anyway because the day's play starts at 1am and I have to go to work in the morning. I was praying that they match I want to see would be on first so I could watch the 1st hour tonight but no, they put it on last and I'll probably be stuck with WTA
Old 08-25-2008, 01:27 PM   #27908
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Martine, I've always had a crush on Bertrand, even when he had short hair A matter of years.
Well, I never watched handball before so this was the first time I saw him (although I think Jelena already showed me some pics but I'm not sure)
Guess I came a bit late because he doesn't look that young anymore (same as my tennis favs... )
Old 08-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #27909
country flag Choupi

Thanks for the tip Martine about eurosport player. But I'm not really used to watch matches through my pc screen. And those 2 events, with time delay, would make me wake up in the middle of the night or stay awake quite a big part of the night, to sit on that chair to watch matches. Which is quite less comfortable than my couch. I don't think I'd resist long.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:33 PM   #27910
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peta Pan View Post
That's dreadful Choupi!! For years I couldn't watch the French Open because it is only on Pay TV and I didn't have it until this year but making you pay more when you already paying for cable is just disgusting!
I didn't lose any tv stations. It's just that the ones that I had already been paying for have lost their rights, and I don't get the 2 new ones that owe them now
Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #27911
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Thanks for the tip Martine about eurosport player. But I'm not really used to watch matches through my pc screen. And those 2 events, with time delay, would make me wake up in the middle of the night or stay awake quite a big part of the night, to sit on that chair to watch matches. Which is quite less comfortable than my couch. I don't think I'd resist long.
Same here (or they play when I'm working, or they play while I sleep), but that's why I love the re-live matches. You can pick the matches you like and watch them again afterwards for about 1 month after the tournament.
It's a good quality stream too.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:36 PM   #27912
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine2 View Post
Well, I never watched handball before so this was the first time I saw him (although I think Jelena already showed me some pics but I'm not sure)
Guess I came a bit late because he doesn't look that young anymore (same as my tennis favs... )
Bertrand isn't quite young, you're right. And it's a matter of family when it comes to handball. As both his brothers do play. You have Bertrand and Guillaume, who both play for France, for quite some years now. They both play in Germany rest of the time. And you have Benjamin who is playing for Chambéry, the team they have all started with, like a certain Jackson Richardson...
Old 08-25-2008, 01:40 PM   #27913
country flag martine2
yawn

Quote:
Bertrand isn't quite young, you're right. And it's a matter of family when it comes to handball. As both his brothers do play. You have Bertrand and Guillaume, who both play for France, for quite some years now. They both play in Germany rest of the time. And you have Benjamin who is playing for Chambéry, the team they have all started with, like a certain Jackson Richardson...
Yes, he must be the one Jelena was talking about then. Has he been struggling with injuries? (I think she said shoulder?)
But yes, I have to admit the handball was very entertaining! Lots of action and their goal keeper was Man oh man, he caught almost everything!
Old 08-25-2008, 01:41 PM   #27914
country flag Peta Pan
Same as it ever was

Quote:
I didn't lose any tv stations. It's just that the ones that I had already been paying for have lost their rights, and I don't get the 2 new ones that owe them now
Ah ok.. but it's still really sad that you won't have access to either anymore

I don't know how I managed without my Foxtel for so long now, not being able to see the GSs and TMS would be hard I think!

I'm planning this week to upgrade my broadband speed to the 2nd lowest level too so hopefully I'll be able to get better livestream quality. It's useless trying to watch anything atm because it always rebuffers continuously
Old 08-25-2008, 01:43 PM   #27915
country flag Choupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by martine2 View Post
Yes, he must be the one Jelena was talking about then. Has he been struggling with injuries? (I think she said shoulder?)
But yes, I have to admit the handball was very entertaining! Lots of action and their goal keeper was Man oh man, he caught almost everything!
Yes, Bertrand has been injured and he's been having troubles with his shoulder. As for the goal keeper, Thierry Omeyer, Titi as we call him. He's great. He can, on his best days, stop every ball. Well, almost....