Any other writers out there? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-04-2012, 02:21 PM   #1
country flag dunlopkickserve

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute
Post Any other writers out there?

Anyone else write just for the hell of it? I find it to be one of the hardest and most fulfilling things to do. Currently, I'm wrapped up in Flash Fiction and Prose. If anyone cares to critique some of my stuff for me, check out g6v608.tumblr.com
dunlopkickserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any other writers out there?

Hey man.

I'm a writer as well, and some of MTF's finest could vouch for me and my....ahem...work

I will check out your tumblr site, but I also encourage you to read a book called "The Writer's Journey" or "Aristotle's Poetics", both books aided me greatly as a writer, and still are. I thought I knew it all until I read those books.
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #3

dunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond reputedunlopkickserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Hey man.

I'm a writer as well, and some of MTF's finest could vouch for me and my....ahem...work

I will check out your tumblr site, but I also encourage you to read a book called "The Writer's Journey" or "Aristotle's Poetics", both books aided me greatly as a writer, and still are. I thought I knew it all until I read those books.
Thanks, I will definitely check those out. I'm an accounting major and I had a few free electives last semester so I decided to give it a shot. Somehow I ended up falling in love with the idea of being able to say whatever I want. It's so much more fun the doing Debits and Credits all day every day.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Here! I'm into novel writing, I used to write poetry when I was younger, but stopped a few years ago.
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

I write lyrics. I've amassed a few thousand pages since I've started when I was 16.

It is indeed a beautiful hobby.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
Here! I'm into novel writing, I used to write poetry when I was younger, but stopped a few years ago.
Ever have any of your stuff published? I've been working on an idea for a short novel but I can't seem to make any progress because I keep getting marred down in the editing phase. I'm never happy and can't seem to move on until I'm completely satisfied.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
country flag Tulipe

Tulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond reputeTulipe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunlopkickserve View Post
Ever have any of your stuff published? I've been working on an idea for a short novel but I can't seem to make any progress because I keep getting marred down in the editing phase. I'm never happy and can't seem to move on until I'm completely satisfied.
I've never found the courage to submit my work to a publisher. I'm working on that now

It's true that the editing phase is the worst. Sometimes it can make you hate your own work. But truth is you have to do many drafts to polish the thing, and one advice I received from a publisher is that if you want to submit your work, you have to be absolutely sure that it's done and you don't want to change anything about it.
Ruben Ramirez-Hidalgo is an intruiging player. A complete nobody who near the age of 30 worked himself up to be a competitive claycourter (2006-2007), beating Ferrer at RG, leading Federer 5-1 in the final set in Masters Series tournament.

His playing style is also of interest, he is the most technically pure moonballer on the tour
miles ahead of Nadal in esthetic terms, complete with a never-failing trademark grunt. A legend.
Quote:
i sit on central court in the front row, turn my head back over whole stand and the vip lounge above and see RRHs moonballs from court #2
Tulipe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #8
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

i write, but badly
i've been told my humorous works are good, but i don't like writing those

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulipe View Post
I've never found the courage to submit my work to a publisher. I'm working on that now

It's true that the editing phase is the worst. Sometimes it can make you hate your own work. But truth is you have to do many drafts to polish the thing, and one advice I received from a publisher is that if you want to submit your work, you have to be absolutely sure that it's done and you don't want to change anything about it.
I feel like I'm never really finished. I'll look at something I thought I was happy with a year ago and want to tweak a few things.