US Winter HC season: Delray Beach once more! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #16
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kei is seeded! US Winter HC season starts in San Jose

Tie break!

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 12:52 AM   #17
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

6-1 7-6(6)

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 02-09-2011, 01:00 AM   #18
country flag *bunny*

It seems the second set was tough! Hajek is a kind of player who won't easily give in.
Kei will play qualifier Smyczek in R2. They played in Sarasota last year and Kei won in straight sets.
Good luck, Kei!

In the meantime I'm looking forward to seeing the match on TV tonight.

#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 02-09-2011 at 01:25 AM.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #19
ex hopman

ex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond reputeex hopman has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.tennisnakama.com

Check the right side on the site (in Japanese tho)... there's a link to the live streaming.
I was watching this game on webcaston.

It was comfortable to watch Key playing in the first set... After 2-0 on the second, Hajek played better with less errors... and Kei looked a bit tired... but he managed to win the tie-break. On important points, he played well today!
ex hopman is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:51 AM   #20
country flag *bunny*

Hi ex hopman!

Thanx. Live streaming is available on the tournament's official site, too.
Today I couldn't see the match becaue it started while I was commuting to work and the first thing I did after arriving at office was starting my PC to see the score. (Couldn't dare watching streaming behind my boss! )

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 02-09-2011, 03:55 AM   #21
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Kei

Here is pic from his presser
http://twitpic.com/show/large/3xv7av
Old 02-09-2011, 03:57 AM   #22
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute

Kei's answers from presser (sourse - tourney's twitter)

Nishikori says he would love to win the French Open someday, and cites his past US Open match against Ferrer as one of his most memorable
Old 02-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #23
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 03:03 AM   #24
country flag *bunny*

Kei and Berankis lost in doublce 2-6 2-6.
Berankis had a long match vs Donald Young on the same day so the schedule was a tough one for him!

I watched Kei's R1 match on TV yesterday, and was impressed by Kei's taking the ball early---much earlier than before---and the accuracy and power of hitting FH down the line and angled BH. The second set was more up and down, the momentum shifted back and forth, with Hajek playing with more power and determination.
A bit concerned that Kei was shaking his right arm a few times, and he was apparently rubbing the arm too (which was cut from the TV coverage. ). But he didn't ask for a trainer so maybe it's nothing serious, or so I hope.
In his blog he wrote that he was actually quite nervous going into the first set but managed to play very well. It was after Hajek broke back in the second set that the going got tough as by then Hajek was not making mistakes and Kei thinks he became a bit too defensive.

According to commentators the problem he had last week was another stomach bug and he's been fine this week, so that's a relief.
Wish him good luck in R1 today!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 02-10-2011, 06:01 AM   #25
country flag *bunny*

A review of R1 with Kei's quotes:

http://www.10sballs.com/2011/02/09/q...ikori-through/

[...]

Earlier in the day the other seeds had mixed results. The first two in action both lost, with No.6 seed Benjamin Becker falling to Richard Berankis, 6-3, 7-6(2) and No.4 seed Xavier Malisse following Becker to the sidelines with a 6-3, 6-4 loss to Milos Raonic and 20 of the Canadian’s aces. No.8 seed Kei Nishikori salvaged the day for the seeds, beating Jan Hajek, 6-1, 7-6(6).

“I relaxed a little bit in the second set and he began playing better,” Nishikori said. “I was glad to finish it in two sets.”

Nishikori has been working with a new coach, one of the best in the business – Brad Gilbert. “It’s going well with Brad,” Nishikori said. “He has made some changes to my game. He has changed my tactics a lot.”

[...]

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 02-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #26
country flag *bunny*

ORDER OF PLAY - THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2011

CENTER COURT start 9:45 am
M Russell (USA) vs [5] D Istomin (UZB)

Not Before 11:15 AM
[8] K Nishikori (JPN) vs [WC] T Smyczek (USA)
B Dabul (ARG) vs [7] L Hewitt (AUS)
[WC] B Klahn (USA) / R Thacher (USA) vs A Falla (COL) / X Malisse (BEL)
L Lacko (SVK) vs J Del Potro (ARG)

Not Before 7 PM
[1] F Verdasco (ESP) vs I Karlovic (CRO)
R Kendrick (USA) vs [2] G Monfils (FRA)

Ganbatte, Kei!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 02-10-2011, 03:13 PM   #27
country flag *bunny*

Today's match starts around 4 a.m. my time so I will begrudgingly retire now.
Good luck, Kei!

There's live streaming on the tournament Web site, which is apparently of a very good quality.
http://veetle.com/sapopen

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 02-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #28
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

Would really want a Nishikori - Berankis SF. Although both them should have an incredibly tough QF. Best of luck Kei!
Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 01:04 AM   #29
country flag *bunny*

4-6 6-3 1-6 :retard:

What happened, Kei?

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 02-11-2011, 02:41 AM   #30
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Kei
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote