Winter/Spring HC season 2011 - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-10-2011, 08:26 AM   #61
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Winter/Spring HC season 2011

Oh wow, my two fave Frenchies now have the 'maybe' status for Marseille. Thank god I'm also visiting a friend.
Did I read it correctly that Paire gets a wildcard? Will make my sister happy. She 'discovered' him in Rotterdam.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #62
country flag Boomer23

Boomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond reputeBoomer23 has a reputation beyond repute

SImon said he's considering to skip Marseille.

And Benoit hopes to get a WC for Marseille, he doesn't have one yet

Simon - Gasquet - Del Potro - Federer

Kuerten
Boomer23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #63
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the clarification, guys.

Sorry for you, Kezzi, if he's really pulling out. But more time to visit the city with your friend , maybe.

On the other hand, I'm pleasantly surprised that Gilles' considering pulling out a tournament to rest an injury . Did he really get older and wiser ? I'm just too used to him playing thru his injuries , so him actually considering pulling out is already an improvement .
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #64
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Thanks for the clarification, guys.

Sorry for you, Kezzi, if he's really pulling out. But more time to visit the city with your friend , maybe.

On the other hand, I'm pleasantly surprised that Gilles' considering pulling out a tournament to rest an injury . Did he really get older and wiser ? I'm just too used to him playing thru his injuries , so him actually considering pulling out is already an improvement .
there are some injuries whitch them you can find solutions on court but what can you do with a torticolis !!! ? nothing, that's why ...
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:51 PM   #65
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by teem View Post
there are some injuries whitch them you can find solutions on court but what can you do with a torticolis !!! ? nothing, that's why ...
Yes, I don't doubt that. We watched him managed to win matches hopping around the court with the knee injury...for a year. I admit that I fully enjoyed that Bercy 09 match against Ljubo, while agonizing the whole time wondering how much damage that was doing to his injury. Anyhow, his ability to find solutions on court while playing with an injury is really not the issue here, the issue is the idiocy of putting your body thru such agony. I know professional athletes do that all the time. I'm just thinking that sometimes they should also be sensible, bcos playing thru pain and loses in first round apparently get you nowhere.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #66
country flag teem

teem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond reputeteem has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, I don't doubt that. We watched him managed to win matches hopping around the court with the knee injury...for a year. I admit that I fully enjoyed that Bercy 09 match against Ljubo, while agonizing the whole time wondering how much damage that was doing to his injury. Anyhow, his ability to find solutions on court while playing with an injury is really not the issue here, the issue is the idiocy of putting your body thru such agony. I know professional athletes do that all the time. I'm just thinking that sometimes they should also be sensible, bcos playing thru pain and loses in first round apparently get you nowhere.
I agree with you
teem is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:06 AM   #67
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

His quarter
Tsonga-Paire
Marchenko-Stakhovsky
Davydenko-Simon
Bye-Youzhny

Terrible draw, hope he will return to peak form
Gillouthe best is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #68
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh great. Well I hope he does pull out so he's fully fit for Dubai and not to aggravate it. Does anyone know anything about the injury? Like how long it can last, is it an ongoing problem or a one off etc. ?

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #69
country flag lalaland

Lovely draw . Not being a 100%, he surely needs a round 1 match with Kolya which the 2 men will engage in an exhausting 3 sets encounter that involves running each other ragged for 2.5 hrs , redux Valencia. I look forward to see it. And then if he pasts that, he'll be thrilled to see Misha his tormentor fresh like a daisy waiting for him in R2, splendid! It's way better than spending Valentine Day's with his sweetheart at home eating Swiss chocolates, no?

Okay, I kid. I'm sure if he's not pulling out then he's ready for it, he better. Allez Gilles.

Silver, to answer your question...we don't know much about his injury, he could be over it by now, or not. Depends on the cause, it could be a muscle or ligament problem...hard to tell how long it takes to get over it. But I'm no medical expert.

Talking about Valentine's Day, some fun reading.. http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/...ge/2/#comments
Old 02-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #70
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's way better
Maybe Carine prefers to spend Valentines day with her other man now.

Anyway, I also have no clue about the injury, I should have asked him about it. Totally forgot when he didn't want me to take his picture, that was one of the few moments which left me speechless.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:43 PM   #71
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
Anyway, I also have no clue about the injury, I should have asked him about it. Totally forgot when he didn't want me to take his picture, that was one of the few moments which left me speechless.
That's his specialty, isn't it? Throwing something totally unexpected at you to take you off your game .

When are you going to Marseille, Kezzi? Beginning of the week I hope, with Arnaud and Gilles both not really that fit, you don't want to miss them.
Old 02-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #72
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

still doubtful for Marseille http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-...lashnews.shtml he didn't pick up the racket since Rotterdam. He goes in Marseille to test if he can play anyway.
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:56 PM   #73
country flag Kezzi

Quote:
That's his specialty, isn't it? Throwing something totally unexpected at you to take you off your game .

When are you going to Marseille, Kezzi? Beginning of the week I hope, with Arnaud and Gilles both not really that fit, you don't want to miss them.
Yeah, he does that very well and with the cutest smile.

I'm leaving tonight for Brussels, because we fly at 8am. So will be there around 10am I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
still doubtful for Marseille http://www.eurosport.fr/tennis/open-...lashnews.shtml he didn't pick up the racket since Rotterdam. He goes in Marseille to test if he can play anyway.
I hope he can, but I prefer him to take rest if he doesn't feel well.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:10 PM   #74
country flag turtle-rn

turtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond reputeturtle-rn has a reputation beyond repute

Four of my fav players in the same quarter. >_< I'm almost glad I won't have time to follow that much. It's a shame Gilles' ranking is still lagging behind his form (assuming the Rotterdam result was torticollis biased lol).

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

turtle-rn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #75
country flag lalaland

Here's what L'Equipe the paper said:

« C’est sûr que ce n’est pas une bonne nouvelle, constatait hier Lionel Roux, l’entraîneur de l’équipe de France de Coupe Davis. Ça s’annonce encore plus piégeux. Mais Jo (Tsonga) n’était pas là l’an dernier à partir des quarts et on est arrivés en finale. J’espère juste qu’un jour, on les aura tous ensemble… Mais on a des joueurs, quandmême ! » Pour l’heure, Tsonga, Gasquet (si sa tendinite à l’épaule droite est résorbée), Llodra et Benneteau semblent les plus proches de la sélection, que ne devrait pas intégrer Simon. « Gilles, de manière très honnête, nous a dit qu’il estimait qu’il y avait meilleur que lui sur terre battue, une surface où il estime avoir besoin de temps pour se préparer » , confiait hier Lionel Roux. Pas de Monfils, pas de Simon : en décembre dernier, c’étaient les deux joueurs du vendredi pour la finale en Serbie...

...– Victime d’un tortocolis qui l’avait fortement handicapé au tournoi de Rotterdam, Gilles Simon n’a pas repris la raquette. Il descendra lundi à Marseille faire un test, ayant demandé aux organisateurs de ne démarrer le tournoi (face à Davydenko) que mercredi s’il était en mesure de jouer.

He asked to not start his first match until Wed....and seems like no Davis Cup for him.