Rafachat 68 - Castafiore is having a hot Spanish date in Charleroi :aplot: - Page 14 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM   #196
country flag scoobs
Anastasia Komananov, KGB

scoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond reputescoobs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rafachat 68 - for haters and traditors only. And Hilde.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
I'm amused and sad in the same time that people don't realise in what kind of society I grew up until I was 20 yo. The only BD I saw when I was young were Rahan and Piff and those ceased to apear regulary in Romania around 1982.
After that I saw some more only people that travelled West( the very few ones) succeeded to smuggle some in.
After the Revolution, it was hard for a person of my age to get passioned about BDs.
Interesting. You're right, of course.
scoobs is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 11:56 AM   #197
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
I do think that science goes too far but my cousin for example got diabetes while being pregnant and because of the sudden medication she needed to take, her daughter is severely handicapped. I'd applaud methods to help pregnant women cope with diabetes because the results can be horrible
Her second child is adopted (from Southern India).

"
Good point. I wasn't thinking about gestational diabetes at all. But, I think it's the individual cases which I admit can be quite heartbreaking that drive the science. When I think globally, it irritates me. When I deal with individuals, I am less of a tyrant. I guess living in a state (and apparently a country) that thinks bearing full litters of children is groovy and something that might even land you a television show has made me a heartless cynic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
I don't necessarily disgree with Mats on some of that though.

What really pisses me off about Murray in the final was not that he had a bad day on the court, that happens, but his whole attitude out there was relentlessly negative - he never really got fired up and determined at all. Djokovic fed off that so much - Djokovic got pretty tight at points, especially in that third set, but looking down at Murray ranting and swearing and whining and looking miserable must have really lifted him in crucial moments. He really needs to tone that shit down. Even if you're not feeling it, put the game face on and bluff. He has got much better at doing that but in this final it was right back to the bad old Mopey Murray days.
To me, Murray is in the same place others have been -- do I really want all the pressure and risk that go with being at the top of the game. Some, have opted out. But, in so many ways it's like the rest of us who have had to face growing up and the pain that entails or to remain adolescents at heart even though our hairs are gray. Although at the time growing up seems less attractive, in the long run, it makes everything easier. Murray seems to be on the cusp, but it must be so much harder for an elite athlete who has the world revolving around him. Sometimes I feel motherly toward him just wanting to give him a push, and other times, I want to shake him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobs View Post
People need to leave Muzza's mum alone - I've met her and she's a really nice person, for one thing. For another, it's an individual sport. For me, parents are only fair game if they put themselves out there and say or do stuff that's controversial. Djokovic's parents made themselves targets a few years ago but they've mostly avoided controversy since (apart from the dad and his battles with Serbian tennis federation). Nadal's folks, Federer's folks, Murray's mum, other tennis parents - what exactly do they do that deserves disrespect except cheer their son on at matches sometimes?
I am not up on all things Murray, but I thought his mother was having coaching duties here recently. I'm perfectly willing to be instructed and even lecutred on the subject.

Quote:
Little poll. Which Haddock picture is better for my avy:

A. the previous one (see attachment)
B. the current one.
C. who cares other than you or wilde.

For the record, option C will be ignored.
I didn't see the choices, but I like the color of the jacket in this one.

Quote:
And this is strange, how?

It's his MOM, ffs! If someone on Earth has the right to make a fool of herself being his blind fangirl, that's his mom

And this is true for every athlete's mom out there...
Even' Nole's mom????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Data View Post
I did almost one year of research on the year without sommer 1816 and also on the origin of climate science, reading lots of old papers also from the USA regarding climate. One very important finding that my philosophy Prof emphasized multiple times is that, if old texts sound silly, often we interpret them wrongly. Because the researcher of that time were just as smart as we are today and often, todays viewpoints are not that much superor as we would like to believe. I found that to be very valuable to keep in mind as I read thru those old material.

Now, this came to mind mind when I read you post and I added it. It is a bit sad to see that you just take it as dig or whatever, which it wasn't.
I did not take it as a dig. I took it as you completely misunderstood my post or why I was laughing about the quote.

I will spell it out for you. I am a history nut, geek, nerd, and whatever else. Merton likes history and he likes obscure quotes. When I come across one that I think he might enjoy, I try to remember it for his enjoyment. I laughed at the quote about rain out of delight because it seemed so apt and not because it seemed silly. Because of things Merton said previously about America, I thought he would appreciate it too.

Does this clear it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
At least there are millions in play depending on the outcome, something that can't be said about most of other "contests" where wifes/gf act teenagely and fangirly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post

Sometimes you are just so sweet it's unbearable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey Feldman View Post
nothing like a big assed picture to mess up the page
Fix it please.
star is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #198
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Eve- View Post
Yeh come then! you only wanna come for dinner though? tennis is only 10-15 euros i think.
But if you want to come to meet up for dinner of course we can do that! I decide for JM he's also ok with that so smth like 7?! i think tennis is till 6...
I'll let you know further in the week.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM   #199
country flag bokehlicious
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

What is "France 1" Hilde?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:00 PM   #200
♥ eve ♥

bokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond reputebokehlicious has a reputation beyond repute

And you better join the party you grumpy Walloon
Old 02-01-2011, 12:02 PM   #201
country flag Castafiore

Castafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond reputeCastafiore has a reputation beyond repute

The album "The Castafiore Emerald" is brilliant and hilarious IMO. Not my favorite Tintin book but it's up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM
What is "France 1" Hilde
Wiseguy.

TF1.

-

So, to watch a bit of tennis on Sunday and dinner afterwards, I'd have to be on the 21h55 train back home.
Castafiore is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-01-2011, 12:03 PM   #202
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JM- View Post
What is "France 1" Hilde?
TF1, Télévision Française 1.

I remember watching it at my grand-parents'. I don't remember if I was alone or with my grand-father though. I do remember telling my dad what had happened when he came back from a walk though.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #203
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, even Nole's MOM I always cut some slack to moms

the fact that they didn't know how behave( Nole's parents, I mean) had nothing to do with their quality as parents.
One can hardly compare Judy's behaviour with Nole's parents. The only reason she gets such hate is the fact she has bigger balls than the ones who loathe her
Old 02-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #204
♥ eve ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saumon View Post
TF1, Télévision Française 1.
Still never called "France 1" I remember "Antenne 2" and "FR3", those were the days
Old 02-01-2011, 12:04 PM   #205
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You didn't know Hilde's namesake?
I didn't know either until the other day. I only have the excuse of growing up in the middle of the U.S. though.

Quote:
I'm amused and sad in the same time that people don't realise in what kind of society I grew up until I was 20 yo. The only BD I saw when I was young were Rahan and Piff and those ceased to apear regulary in Romania around 1982.
After that I saw some more only people that travelled West( the very few ones) succeeded to smuggle some in.
After the Revolution, it was hard for a person of my age to get passioned about BDs.
It sort of puts us all to shame. Spoiled, spoiled, spoiled. That's what I am. I try to remember that.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:07 PM   #206
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Little poll. Which Haddock picture is better for my avy:

A. the previous one (see attachment)
B. the current one.
C. who cares other than you or wilde.

For the record, option C will be ignored.
I didn't read back fully but I don't know who Haddock is And what's BD, Andreea?
Old 02-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #207
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

Quote:
Yes, even Nole's MOM I always cut some slack to moms

the fact that they didn't know how behave( Nole's parents, I mean) had nothing to do with their quality as parents.
One can hardly compare Judy's behaviour with Nole's parents. The only reason she gets such hate is the fact she has bigger balls than the ones who loathe her
I had to tease you.

I don't know anything about Judy's balls, she looks to be a hard woman, but looks can be deceiving. I will take Scoobsy's biased word for her niceness.

Nole's mom reminds me of those organizing moms who make the theme birthday cakes and decorate the whole house for celebrations and envision how everything will be long before the event. I don't know -- these moms who send their boys (or girls) off at age 12 in hopes that their lives will be better sort of break my heart.

Which reminds me of a great book. Mao's Last Dancer. Heart breaking how his mother sent him into the great unknown to be a dancer.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #208
country flag Saumon

Saumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond reputeSaumon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Evita- View Post
I didn't read back fully but I don't know who Haddock is And what's BD, Andreea?
Tintin's friend!!
Bande Dessinée (comics)
Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #209
country flag -Evita-
Come on, Ernest!

-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute-Evita- has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Tintin's friend!!
Bande Dessinée (comics)
I've heard about Tintin here or there but I've really no idea what it is, I don't think you can buy it in Latvia Or maybe it's under a different name if it's a children's book

I think the only comics I've read were about the three ducklings and their uncle, I don't remember their names. It was around 1992-1993 when comic magazines were a new thing. Not many people liked them (they still don't) so eventually the company that published those magazines went bankrupt, I think.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:25 PM   #210
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Thanos is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread