What does Federer do to keep himself motivated? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What does Federer do to keep himself motivated?

The guy has 16 GS already plus 2 lovely daughters and a wife. What can in your opinion keep him determinated to keep winning? Because he's still motivated, right?

Old 01-26-2011, 08:16 PM   #2
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what does Federer to keep himself motivated?

He has to bring home the bread.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

he needs to watch Jason Statham movies like Crank, Crank 2
Spending time with your children and not being a wage slave at some soulless corporation or government bureaucracy sounds like hell. Haven't we progressed beyond the idea that it is in loving relationships with other people that we find fulfillment and meaning? Climbing the corporate ladder is essential in the pursuit of happiness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Oracle View Post
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
country flag Jaz

Jaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond reputeJaz has a reputation beyond repute

Reputation? Ego?
Jaz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #5
country flag mrclyde

mrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond reputemrclyde has a reputation beyond repute

He is a real maniac about tennis, possibly he reads too much history and stories of real fighters and big persons. He uses very much his brain.
mrclyde is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
country flag Orka_n
Banned!

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Simple answer is that he loves the game.

That and he wants to carve his name deep in the history books.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
country flag electronicmusic

electronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond reputeelectronicmusic has a reputation beyond repute

To break records!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Serena play makes me self-conscious about the size of my biceps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo
Watching Roger play makes me feel good about my biceps.
electronicmusic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #8
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

He loves tennis? He loves records, slams, money, the attention, himself... why quit? As long as he is a contendor for slams and isn't making a fool of himself, or doing anything to hurt his reputation, I see no reason for him to quit whatsoever.
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #9
country flag «Ivan»
Banned!

«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute«Ivan» has a reputation beyond repute

chasing the girls secretly
«Ivan» is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #10
country flag Poirot123

Poirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond reputePoirot123 has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is the thing that keeps Federer motivated. I honestly think that after Federer took his 16th Major at the Australian Open in 2010 he sat back and thought "that's it. Time to rest easier". As Nadal hadn't won any of the previous 4 Grand Slams and hadn't really recovered from his knee injury, and it didn't look like he ever would. There was no threat to Federer's records or standing in the game. He was the undisputed GOAT. He had the most majors ever, the grand slam, and comfortably the most of any current active player (16 v Nadal's 6 at the time). It's no surprise his form tanked for the rest of the year up until the US Open 2010. But why has he suddenly hired Paul Annocone and got all motivated again? Because Nadal roared back to world number 1 like a lion from the 2010 clay season onwards that year, winning the remaining 3 majors. All of a sudden Nadal had the grand slam, 9 majors, and Federer suddenly worried "this Nadal could take my records, I have to stop him... I want to be the GOAT. I am the GOAT." Cue Federer playing sublime tennis at WTF in London, and continuing that form into this year.

There's still unfinished business and records to collect for him (most weeks as world number 1, Olympic singles gold, 8 Wimbledon titles). It's going to take a monumental effort to stop Federer this year...
Poirot123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:29 PM   #11
country flag BodyServe

BodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond reputeBodyServe has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't it be: what does Federer do to keep himself motivated?
BodyServe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
country flag Ibracadabra

Ibracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond reputeIbracadabra has a reputation beyond repute

Who doesn't strive to be the best?

But he lost 23 times against you.
's right. We have to also throw into the mix. But I do not think it is currently the decisive factor. But he has achieved in my opinion too much. Maybe this is crucial if I move him even closer after major victories. But 14 or 17 Grand Slam titles is a significant difference. At the present time there is no question that he must be the greater player than me.

David Nalbandian
Ibracadabra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:30 PM   #13
country flag mgasol
Banned!

mgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond reputemgasol has a reputation beyond repute

he loves the sport more than anything. pretty simple.
mgasol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
country flag Nadull_tard

Nadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond reputeNadull_tard has a reputation beyond repute

Egorer's only motivation was to torpedo Nadal's Slam. Now he will try to stop Nadull from becoming the new GOAT.
Everything about himself, this Federer...

Career HIGHLIGHTS

2007|David Nalbandian strikes lucky to win against Rafael Nadal 6-4 6-0
2008|Mikhail Youzhny escapes Rafael Nadal 6-1 6-0
2008|Jo-Wilfried Tsonga was pushed to the edge by Rafael Nadal 6-2 6-3 6-2
2009|Juan Martin Del Potro survives Rafael Nadal 6-2 6-2 6-2

BEST RESULTS ARE YET TO COME....
Nadull_tard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 08:32 PM   #15
country flag Silver.

Silver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond reputeSilver. has a reputation beyond repute

Love of the game The fight to be the best in history and break all the records.

Thanks for the memories... Andy Roddick.
Silver. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote