Marton Fucsovics - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Marton Fucsovics

I thought that since Marton is now starting his senior career officially I'd start a thread for him, as I know a lot of people enjoy following the careers of young guys.

Birthdate: February 8th, 1992
Birthplace: Nyiregyhaza, Hungary
Junior High Ranking: 1

Fucsovics first made a name for himself playing Junior Davis Cup for Hungary at the end of the 2008 season. In 2009 he started the season off well getting to the final of a G2 Clay Court tournament, in April, and would do one better in May of the same year. Fucscovics really became a junior household name when he won the Junior Gerry Weber tournament on Grass, and then made it to the European Championship finals, losing to Stephen Diez. He finished off the year by making the semi-finals of a G1 in Canada, before playing in his first Grandslam, the Junior US Open, where he lost in the Round of 16 to eventual finalist Chase Buchanan. After that Fucsovics would lose in the final of the Eddie Herr U-18s, before suffering an early round upset in the Orange Bowl.

2010 was a good year for Fucsovics, where he would make it to at least the semi-finals of almost every tournament he playedFucscovics made the run to the Australian Open semi-final, but wouldn't play another tournament until May. After that he made it to the semi-finals of Gerry Weber, and then would win the Junior Wimbledon title, becoming the first Hungarian to do so. Fucsovics would then suffer two shock first round losses in the European Championships and Youth Olympics, but, along with team Hungary would win the European Boys Summer Cup. For his last junior tournament Fucsovics lost in the semi-finals of the US Open, having made it to the semi-finals of every Grandslam he played that year.

Junior Singles Finals
Florence: G2, Clay. Lost to Gaio 6-7 6-2 3-6. April 13, 2009
Prato: G2, Clay. Def. Thomson 6-1 6-2. May 10, 2009
Gerry Weber: G2, Grass. Def. Georgoudos 7-6 6-4. June 20, 2009

European Championship: B1, Clay. Lost to Diez 4-6 6-4 5-7. July 27, 2009
Eddie Herr: G1, Hard. Lost to Kudla 7-6 4-6 4-6. December 7, 2009
Wimbledon: G1, Grass. Def. Mitchell 6-4 6-4 July 4, 2010

Junior Doubles Finals
Linz: G1, Clay. Lost w/ Mate Zsiga 4-6 4-6 July 19, 2009.
US Open: GA, Hard. Won w/ Mate Zsiga 7-6 5-7 10-1 September 07, 2009.

Notable Titles:
European Junior Boys: Hungary def Slovakia 2-0 August 5, 2009

Last edited by GasquetGulbis : 02-02-2011 at 02:44 PM.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2011, 10:17 PM   #2

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Marton Fucsovics

Fucsovics this week lost in the semi-finals of a futures in China, after using his Junior Exempt to get into the draw.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #3
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Liked what I saw from him at Wimbledon. Very good serve, nice backhand, forehand is powerful but inconsistent.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #4

His groundstrokes remind me a lot of Tomas Berdych
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasquetGulbis View Post
His groundstrokes remind me a lot of Tomas Berdych
Heh, funny you say that as I thought the same thing.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:58 PM   #6
country flag locyka19

locyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond reputelocyka19 has a reputation beyond repute

he's from Hungary,like me. I've read a couple of articles of him, and he's planning to get into top 200 by the end of the year.
locyka19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #7
country flag harman99

harman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond reputeharman99 has a reputation beyond repute

Gyerünk Fucsi!!! Come on!

Fucsovics Márton

Marin Cilic, Juan Martin Del Potro

Verdasco,Tsonga, Troicki, Feli,Tipsarevic

-Soderling, de Bakker, F.Gonzalez, Monaco, Monfils-
harman99 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by locyka19 View Post
he's from Hungary,like me. I've read a couple of articles of him, and he's planning to get into top 200 by the end of the year.
I think he picked up 9 points this week, so that should bounce him up to around 885. He'll need to play a lot if he wants to be competitive at Wimbledon this year, because he gets a wildcard into the main draw.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:10 AM   #9

If either of you speak Hungarian, do you know how to pronouce his name. I'm thinking the first same is pretty much straight forward, its the last name that has me a bit puzzled.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #10

Fucsovics is using another of his Junior Exempts to get into the main draw of a futures in Cambodia. Bhambri is also in that draw too, so perhaps a match up of Former Junior #1's
Old 01-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #11

Marton has been drawn to play the number 1 seed, ranked 332 in the world. I'm not really sure where Marton's at yet skill-wise, but he needs to win this match.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If either of you speak Hungarian, do you know how to pronouce his name. I'm thinking the first same is pretty much straight forward, its the last name that has me a bit puzzled.
The problem is I don't know how write I.
Cilic
This "C" for us "cs".
Hungarian "U" = english "oo"
Old 01-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #13

So it'd be like

F-oo-ch-o-vich
Old 02-01-2011, 04:47 AM   #14
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So it'd be like

F-oo-ch-o-vich
Yes, I think this is good.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:20 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
Yes, I think this is good.
Thanks a lot, I actually watched the Wimbledon final he played, in what I can only imagine is Hungarian (though I could be wrong), and if you wait until after he wins his match, you can hear the commentators say his name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nklWN-1rVLk

Fucsovics is last on court tomorrow against the Top Seed in Cambodia too.