2011: Any chance for a French Grand Slam winner? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: A French Grand Slam winner in 2011?

YES 1 10.00%
NO 9 90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #1
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2011: Any chance for a French Grand Slam winner?

28 years ago Noah won French Open. 28 years. Can you imagine that. Most active french players weren't even born when it happened. It is some kind of legend told by the elders to the youngster. A long forgotten dream.

Now in 2011, and after witnessing the debacle of Australian Open, is there any serious hope for a french Grand Slam winner this year? And so, who and where?
Blackbriar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #2
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011: Any chance for a French Grand Slam winner?

Keep dreaming

Well, if it's any consolation, look at the Brits
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

Blackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbriar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplet View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
desperate attempt from Tsonga's fan club to maintain the illusion. -5 ranking spots this week and still lot of points to defend until Wimbledon. top 10
Old 02-02-2011, 12:41 AM   #5
country flag simplet

simplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond reputesimplet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbriar View Post
desperate attempt from Tsonga's fan club to maintain the illusion. -5 ranking spots this week and still lot of points to defend until Wimbledon. top 10
There you go talking to yourself again...
simplet is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 05:14 AM   #6
country flag GasquetGulbis

GasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond reputeGasquetGulbis has a reputation beyond repute

In my opinion the most recent chance you the French had was at the French Open in 2009, Roger was struggling, Nadal was out, and Monfils had been to the semi-finals the year before. At that point I actually said Monfils would beat Fed, and make it to the final (I said he'd beat Gonzalez), but apparently the GOAT pulled it out.

Basically my point is, if Rafa, Fed, Djoko and Soderling stumbled at the French, put some money on Monf to win it.... if he's playing like the Monf we know and love, and not in one of his slumps.
GasquetGulbis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #7
country flag Blackbriar
Banned!

so you're saying no today's frenchman will win a GS? Hoping for 4 or 5 top players to fall and having the best draw and playing the best tennis of your life is next to winning at the lotto.