OZ 2011: Time to Get Some Game Going Finally - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default OZ 2011: Time to Get Some Game Going Finally

Allrighty, the first slam is upon us. Marin enters with a string of poor form, but it has to end sometime and why not at AO where he traditionally plays well. Has a few rounds to play himself into decent form. Aiming to get to Nadal and then give his best and see how it goes, remembering what worked well in their only meeting so far

Marin's quarter

[1] Nadal vs Daniel
Q vs Gimeno-Traver
Tomic vs Chardy
Falla vs [31] Lopez

[20] Isner vs Serra
Stepanek vs Q
Machado vs Giraldo
Q vs [15] Cilic

[10] Youzhny vs Ilhan
Q vs Anderson
Q vs Phau
Chela vs [22] Llodra

[27] Nalbandian vs Hewitt
Berankis vs Matosevic
Russell vs Ebden
Nieminen vs [7] Ferrer
Hope it is clear now, tool!

Last edited by oranges : 01-14-2011 at 02:15 AM.
oranges is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2011, 02:10 AM   #2
country flag -junie-

-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ 2011: Time to Get Some Game Goging Finally

Great to have a new thread
I am also hoping the bad form ended with the last loss to Nishikori and that he plays well in Melbourne.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
country flag oranges

oranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond reputeoranges has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OZ 2011: Time to Get Some Game Going Finally

And I'm glad I'm not alone here This place has been deserted for a long while. I was away for a few months and, while I still checked MTF almost every day, it was usually for a short time and didn't post all that much (which reminds me I need to update the H2H thread). We need some nice wins to get some life back both in Marin's game and this forum
Old 01-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #4
country flag -junie-

-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute-junie- has a reputation beyond repute

For now it looks like it's just us two, but they'll show up
I wish they'd release the OOP already!
Old 01-15-2011, 04:21 PM   #5
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

i spoke with very good friend of marin's father, marin and his family yesterday. and he said me that brett ruined marin's service, that marin had very good service before and that they don't want to change the coach because they are so polite and decent. he said he will hurt his back very bedly because of his service motion. i don't believe in that, but i want to say this because some of you will interest this.

however, good luck to marin.

PS sampras and rafter had aimilar or same motion and that didn't affect on their's health

Last edited by petar_pan : 01-15-2011 at 04:29 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:35 PM   #6
country flag Blue Heart24

Blue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Heart24 has a reputation beyond repute

With the way he's playing lately he could have problems against Giraldo,not to mention Isner or Stepanek in R3.Should beat the qualifier though.He will lose a lot of points after AO,really needs to regroup and start playing the way he can.About the serve,considering Marin's capabilities,his serve was far from brilliant before,and seems like after trying to change it,he is serving even worse now.I think he's lost confidence overall in his game,before he would fight till the last point,nowdays when he loses a set or goes a break down he just crumbles,was exactly like that against Nishikori in Chennai.
If those kind of results continue,he definitely needs to get a new coach,"being polite" is a very bad excuse of not changing the coach when he wants too and sees it should be done.
Anyway,I hope he wins a few matches here,and maybe Zagreb tournament after AO can be the changing point for him.
Blue Heart24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:00 PM   #7
country flag Fedal2010

Fedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond reputeFedal2010 has a reputation beyond repute

I followed every single match of Marin since Wimbledon 2009.
Saw his primes and slumps but I can´t believe he doesn´t want to change hiis coach because he wants to be polite.Ridiculous!
You either fire that idiot or you destroy your whole career. that´s how things are going on.
to me he seems to have some serious mental issues. not a single spark of confidence and motivation.

Anyway i still believe in him and I´m sure his time will come.
Hope he does well down under.
Fedal2010 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:18 AM   #8
country flag -junie-

Cilic drew Donald Young if twitter is to be believed.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
country flag petar_pan

petar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond reputepetar_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by -junie- View Post
Cilic drew Donald Young if twitter is to be believed.
young, giraldo, isner...will he run to the 4th round? hmmm i really can't get why he has fobia about TB

Last edited by petar_pan : 01-20-2011 at 04:56 PM.
petar_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #10
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah...he needs a new coach. this is getting ridiculous. the draw is great imo up till round 4
Old 01-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #11
country flag oranges

Cilic-Young second match on court 2, after a women's match. Lets have some good tennis again Marin
Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 AM   #12
country flag oranges

Nice, routine win. He looked better than in a long while Keep going Marin
Old 01-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #13
country flag -junie-

Glad for the victory, he looked good!
Old 01-20-2011, 10:26 AM   #14
country flag oranges

Good win today AND he won a breaker Isner next in line, patience and focus when opportunities arise is the key.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #15
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute

Great match
Isner up next. Ajmo
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote