2011 Australian Open! - Page 21 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-19-2011, 01:40 AM   #301
country flag DanaKz

DanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond reputeDanaKz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2011 Australian Open!

Seems like cruising for Kei - besides this ridiculous 3rd set. WTH it was in third - only Kei knows...
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2011, 01:41 AM   #302
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

Yahoo!!! I am so happy!

I believe Kei played really well in this match with the exception of that terrible 3rd set!

Congrats Guys! Thank you Bunny yet again for the match commentating.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:42 AM   #303
country flag Rafkei

Rafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond reputeRafkei has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Dana....im pretty curious on what Kei would say about that weird 3rd set. I hope the interviews would be posted soon.
Old 01-19-2011, 01:44 AM   #304
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Winners/UEs: Kei 43/34, Mayer 42/44
Net points won: Kei 18/25, Mayer 24/39

In Ai Sugiyama's oncourt interview, Kei said he thinks he played better than R1. Since Mayer is a tricky player, he discussed with coach how to play him and they planned how to deal with his slice BH. Asked about the next round, which will be against eiter Tipsy or Verdasco, Kei said now he's into R3, he has no pressure so he wants to go as far as I can.

Also supporting Rafael Nadal, Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt
David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
Goran Ivanisevic and Marat Safin
#3 Ferrero Tard
*bunny* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #305
country flag *bunny*

*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute*bunny* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaKz View Post
Seems like cruising for Kei - besides this ridiculous 3rd set. WTH it was in third - only Kei knows...
That was a long break between sets.

David Ferrer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Nikolay Davydenko, David Nalbandian
#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-19-2011, 02:35 AM   #306
country flag *bunny*

From Kei's FB

Just won my second round match against Florian Mayer. He is a very tricky player and we made a good game plan to handle his slice backhand. I played better than in the first round and feel I am playing better and better.

From BG's twitter:

Great effort by Kei! Want to see everybody send him some love!

According to what I heard on Japanese TV, Gilbert is not allowed to sit in Kei's matches at slams due to his ESPN contracts, but today he was able to see the match at Court 6 probably because ESPN was showing it. But TV never showed him. Maybe he can't be shown on TV other than ESPN under the contracts?

Btw, Kei is the first Japanese to reach R3 at AO in 46 years!

#3 Ferrero Tard

Last edited by *bunny* : 01-19-2011 at 02:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:23 AM   #307
country flag *bunny*

Kei Nishikori - 19.01.11
Wednesday, 19 January, 2011

Q. A lot of people are looking at you again now with hopes for the future. Can you just sum up how your career has kind of gone. You were back here a year ago. How optimistic are you for the future?

KEI NISHIKORI: Uhm, I started well this year from Chennai. I played well there, and I'm getting really confidence through here. I played another good match today, and, you know, beating these kind of players give me more confidence to, you know, go up.

And my goal for now is, like, get top 50 as soon as possible I can. And I think it's gonna come soon if I can be healthy and play good.

I'm really feeling good now.

Q. A lot of people say that right now with Federer and Nadal at the top, it's one of the greatest eras ever for tennis. Then they say, But who are the people who are going to take the game on in the coming generations? Obviously, you're one of the people expected to. Is that a pressure to you or do you look forward to that?

KEI NISHIKORI: I never thought about it (laughter). You know, those two are I think greatest in tennis history, I guess. And, yeah, I played Nadal twice. Yeah, he's like different level. It's always fun to play them.

But, uhm, yeah, I think, yeah, a few guys can be like them. I think Djokovic, Murray, and Del Potro coming back now.

Q. But I'm thinking guys a little bit younger than those guys.

KEI NISHIKORI: Yeah, actually not many guys with my age. One year old is Cilic, Del Potro. But not many guys are coming up. Hopefully I can be the first one to, you know, get to top 10 or something.

Q. Could you tell us how much work you actually do with Brad, what areas he's concentrated on.

KEI NISHIKORI: We started December. It's on and off actually. You know, like, for this week he has to do ESPN. But we talk together every day about matches. He mentioned some things to change my tennis little bit. And everything, it's going well now.

Q. Could you tell us what sort of things, not being too specific, but what sort of things he wanted you to change?

KEI NISHIKORI: More steady on the court and get more percentage for my serve, especially first serve. I'm not the biggest guy, so try to hit more closes and more percentage up.

Q. I'm from China. We don't have a player on the tour. Can you tell us about how the Asian men's players get success on the tour? What are the important things?

KEI NISHIKORI: That's a difficult one. Maybe not best. Oh, well.

I practice at Bollettieri's in U.S. That's made me little different than playing Asia. Especially in Japan, it's tough to go outside. U.S., Europe, it's just tough to go outside.

I used to play a lot in Europe when I was juniors. I get many experience play with different players. That gave me more confidence to, uhm, play different guys.

Yeah, if you're in Asia, it's just tough to go outside, I think.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...409639494.html

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-19-2011, 04:46 AM   #308
country flag *bunny*

So it's Verdasco next, who came back from two sets down to beat Tipsy in nearly four hours.
Late in the fourth set, he appeared to have injured his ankles but he didn't call a trainer and it didn't seem to bother him for the rest of the match.

While Nando must be tired as hell, he's a very fit player with a lot of stamina so it will be another very tough one for Kei.
Hope Kei's clever shotmaking will get the better of power play by Nando!

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-19-2011, 05:08 AM   #309
country flag Rafkei

Quote:
Originally Posted by *bunny* View Post
So it's Verdasco next, who came back from two sets down to beat Tipsy in nearly four hours.
Late in the fourth set, he appeared to have injured his ankles but he didn't call a trainer and it didn't seem to bother him for the rest of the match.

While Nando must be tired as hell, he's a very fit player with a lot of stamina so it will be another very tough one for Kei.
Hope Kei's clever shotmaking will get the better of power play by Nando!
There's really not much choice between Tipsy and Verdasco because both players are really dangerous and capable. I dunno but i'm feeling confident about Kei's chances against Verdasco. For sure he'll have nothing to lose on that match and can play more freely.

Maybe Verdasco will be Ferrer 2.0?

Last edited by Rafkei : 01-19-2011 at 05:21 AM.
Rafkei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:00 AM   #310
country flag silverwhite

silverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond reputesilverwhite has a reputation beyond repute

Kei

Thanks for the scores, Bunny! Was really tempted to stay up to watch but didn't i the end because I'm having exams and have to keep my sleeping patter normal
silverwhite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:24 AM   #311
country flag kinokino

kinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond reputekinokino has a reputation beyond repute

Well done, Kei!!!
Keep it up!

Thank you for the live posting, guys!
Old 01-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #312
country flag chewy

chewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond reputechewy has a reputation beyond repute

He did proved me wrong, debut in 3rd at AO!
Ganbatte...Ganbare Kei!
Hyeon Chung | Dennis Istomin | Ze Zhang | Go Soeda | Tatsuma Ito | Yuichi Sugita | Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi | Rohan Bopanna | Danai Udomchoke | Tsung-Hua Yang | Hiroki Moriya | Mao-Xin Gong | Hyung-Taik Lee | Paradorn Srichaphan | Takao Suzuki

Fernando Gonzalez | Max Mirnyi | Jo-Wilfried Tsonga | Tommy Haas | Ricardas Berankis | Xavier Malisse | Andreas Seppi | David Ferrer | Juan Martin Del Potro | Tim Smyczek | Olivier Rochus | Victor Troicki | Horatio Zeballos | Lleyton Hewitt | Nick Kyrgios | Mario Ancic | Peter Luczak

ATP Tokyo 2012, ATP Memphis 2013 Champion Kei Nishikori
chewy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:34 PM   #313
country flag *bunny*

From Verfdasco interview:

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...421035856.html

[...]

Q. Next up is Kei Nishikori. Do you have any information? What impression do you have about him?

FERNANDO VERDASCO: Well information, I know him and I practice with him long time ago. Of course I know him. He's Japanese, right?

Q. Yes.

FERNANDO VERDASCO: I'm joking. (Smiling.) I think that he's a very fast player; his legs, he move his legs really fast. And I think that, you know, like he's with confidence starting this year. I think that he's like motivated for this year. He have also this year the help of Brad Gilbert so for sure he will improve his game with a coach like that.

I know it's going to be a tough match. Every match in third round of a Grand Slam is tough. You know, I will just try to keep playing the same that I did today. Not the fifth set today because it was a little bit not normal. But maybe if I can say like the third and the fourth set of the match today, I hope to be like that in two days: play aggressive, serve big, and just fight all the time to try to win again.

#3 Ferrero Tard
Old 01-19-2011, 01:52 PM   #314
country flag Armless

Armless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond reputeArmless has a reputation beyond repute

Eina Kei , I believe you can beat Dasco!
Armless is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 AM   #315
country flag *bunny*

Tomorrow at 7 p.m. at Hisense Arena!

Ganbareeeeeeeh! Kei!

#3 Ferrero Tard